Ice hockey 2010 Winter Olympics (CANADA VS. USA GOLD MEDAL 3:15PM EST SUNDAY)

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Miller looks like he was contemplating suicide. Hold your head up man, you did a phenomenal job.

dude was asking him all these questions, I'd be like "I....I'm sorry, I cant do this anymore
frown.gif
"

Miller was a beast though, definitely earned tourny MVP.
Miller gave it his all. even the canadian crowd cheered for him

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by Physicx

congrats usa, seriously

cant wait to see all the trendy bandwagon fans come monday
laugh.gif
smh.gif

any exposure for the NHL is good...my team (coyotes) have been saved because they are playing good and this will add.

this game means so much more...hopefully some of the people who tuned in can catch on to hockey. honestly i dont like watching it on tv (except the playoffs and winter classic) but in most markets tickets are cheap and so worth it. every game i have gone to i have had a blast!!

sid the kid does it again
smh.gif
but team usa has a bright future! what a great tournament
i agree with everything you just said. the bandwagon fans i was referring to are the canadians, not americans. contrary to the stereotype not everyone up here is into hockey, but when canada/edmonton does well, they come out of the %@+%%%+ woodworks knowing damn well they aint ever heard of 3/4 of anyone outside of the canadian team
laugh.gif

donno how many times ive heard, "what team does that usa goalie play for?" or, "who the hell is brooks orpik?"
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm almost sure the NHL will allow its players to go to Russia based on Ovie saying hes going no matter what. It'll look awful for arguably the top star in the league to bail on two weeks of the season.

canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im losing my mind....i went to the local pub and it was amazing

The Americans did a killer job making the Canadians work hard for that gold. They exceeded expectations and defied the odds. They were not even expected to get on the poidum for hockey. Ryan Miller is amazing. He did such a kick +!@ job these past tournaments. Kudos to the American team!

But, I have to say, so proud to be Canadian at the moment. The outpouring of pride and patriotism flowing all over the country right now. Hockey is seen as our sport and nothing better than winning on home soil at the Olympics that our country is hosting.
smile.gif
I could not watch the whole game. I went to my room when it was OT because I was just too stressed about it all. Then I heard neighbours from my window screaming out loud and then I got the call and messages from friends. Amazing. So proud of all our athletes. We exceeded our expectations when it came to Olympics performances. GO Canada!

P.S., Sidney Crosby, marry me.

yo! i was at yonge n dundas after that OT goal it was bananaaaaaaaas!
pimp.gif
what a game and what a street party. shutdown the downtown!

i was out but caught the overtime at a local bar....it was really cool to see everyone cheer for one country....although we lost it was still cool to be a part of

the canadian crowd sucks

American please.

The crowd even gave some cheers for the US team when they were receiving their medals. Meanwhile, Salt Lake 2002...guess what?

Ya'll are salty for nothing. Team USA did a great job all along and getting this far you should be happy win or lose (of course, easier said than done).

We'll be competing for Hockey supremacy for years to come. Staal (+ maybe his bros?), Crosby, Perry, Toews...we got the future on lock
wink.gif

God damnit, Sidney Crosby
smh.gif
Oh well, in all honesty the US did much better than I had even hoped for. Congrats America, Jr, enjoy that Gold.

What a game. Both teams played great, and if the gold medal is going to be decided in these olympics, no better way than overtime.

For the first 30 minutes, I thought Canada dominated. For the last 30, USA did. Thats why I was scared to hell to go to overtime with USA having all the momentum.

No matter the outcome, I have to give props to both teams. Ryan Miller was arguably the best goalie in the tournament (if its not him, its Hiller).

Congrats to our Saskatchewan boys, Getzlaf, Morrow, and the coach Mike Babcock (SASKATOON BOY!! CHEA!!!).

Great end to the tournament. Great game USA... See you in four years (I guess...)

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

and that makes a record for most Gold Medals Ever by one country in a single Winter Games.

canadian-flag-photo.jpg

Congratulations on the win, but....

Where you at in the Summer Olympics though, Canada?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

you barely won in a sport your supposed to win by MILES

fail
salt.jpg

laugh.gif
one salty dude. im sure you'd not be calling it a fail if the US basketball team had an OT win in the summer olympics gold medal game

Ryan Suter, way to chase the puck leaving the Kid wiiiiiiiide open for a clear shot. Terrible screw up on his part. Paul Stastny had to have been the worst player on team USA. Dude was straight garbage all tourney long. Whoever said up there about the Canadians having the future on lock, you are aware that the US squad was the youngest right? Talk about having a bright future.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Ryan Suter, way to chase the puck leaving the Kid wiiiiiiiide open for a clear shot. Terrible screw up on his part. Paul Stastny had to have been the worst player on team USA. Dude was straight garbage all tourney long. Whoever said up there about the Canadians having the future on lock, you are aware that the US squad was the youngest right? Talk about having a bright future.
And we won the WJC (vs. Canada)....there is PLENTY of good YOUNG talent in the US pipeline. 

Gold would have been great for the US...but there is zero shame in getting a silver.  Remember, the US wasn't even picked to medal.  The organizers of the US olympic team booked all the flights for the players for this morning under the assumption that the US wouldn't even be playing in this game.  This was a huge step in the right direction.  We'll see you all in Sochi. 

WJC you say? CAMPBELL
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was so pissed when damn CROSBY
mad.gif
of all the Canadian players scored the game winner.  I wouldn't mind Iginla [for obvious reasons] to score the game winner, but CROSBY?  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!  Dude was like ghost for the quarters and semis, arghn shdnahsvhn ashvusajgas!  I'm proud of Team USA though!  Ranked 5th in the tourney, almost came through with an upset.  Can't wait to see the next one
pimp.gif
  Canada
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom