Ice hockey 2010 Winter Olympics (CANADA VS. USA GOLD MEDAL 3:15PM EST SUNDAY)

laugh.gif
 at this dude. You feel that way, yet you felt the urge to come in this thread why?

I don't go into the "Male Fetish for Wearing Female Lingerie" Thread and interfere with your conversations because it doesn't interest me. Why do you have to come in here?

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

laugh.gif
 at this dude. You feel that way, yet you felt the urge to come in this thread why?

I don't go into the "Male Fetish for Wearing Female Lingerie" Thread and interfere with your conversations because it doesn't interest me. Why do you have to come in here?

I came into this thread to state that that's how I feel duhhh...
roll.gif

da hell are you even talking about?

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I literally don't know 1 person that was talking about or watching the game.
laugh.gif
where do you live? crawl out from under that box, homey

Not canada. Seems like the only place this was relevent and to all 39 NHL fans in the US.

Who pays attention to Hockey??? 

WINTER olympics at that
roll.gif

who watches hockey and the winter olympics?  only the entire world.  The world doesn't revolve around basketball and the U.S.A. homie

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

how can we be salty when the majority of US does not even care about your sport and yet we still almost won
laugh.gif

nah ppl care. just prolly not where ur from.

Good insights licks, thanks

I have a highlight VHS tape of the 96 cup, that was awesome to watch

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Man when USA scored that goal people were about to cry, you have to understand we hate you, all of you so much.   
What are you talking about?

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Man when USA scored that goal people were about to cry, you have to understand we hate you, all of you so much.   
Most Canadians have an irrational detest for Americans.

congrats to canada now that the winter olympics is done now the blackhawks can make a run to the stanley cup
pimp.gif
hopefully we play the penguins I think that would be good for the NHL

I feel bad for my man Ryan Miller... Tough loss.

He is a beast though, too bad its so hard for Buffalo to consistently keep a legitimate team in front of him.

Most Canadians of the world has an irrational detest for Americans.
easy to see why with some of the people in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I feel bad for my man Ryan Miller... Tough loss.

He is a beast though, too bad its so hard for Buffalo to consistently keep a legitimate team in front of him.

Sounds like another Buffalo goalie of the previous decade.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Most Canadians of the world has an irrational detest for Americans.
easy to see why with some of the people in here
laugh.gif
its just sad, some of the people here are salty as @#$% about getting 2nd. stop being sore losers and just accept the US isnt the best at everything instead of saying things like "nobody here cares about your sport" (for the record I personally dont, but alot of Americans do). That's just the typical "oh we dont win because no one here cares about it" excuse for not getting 1st in soccer and hockey

Crazy game.

Unfortunately, I was stuck on a train heading home from Ottawa. We tried everything to get a working stream. Then, after the Crosby goal the whole train went crazy (including my buddy and I crushing beers).

Let's just hope Bettman doesn't screw up Soci. And yes, I'm 100% down for an NT Hockey Summit in 2014-- or at least at the 2011 World Cup of Hockey.

DeadsetAce wrote:

I HIT LICKS wrote:

I literally don't know 1 person that was talking about or watching the game.
laugh.gif
where do you live? crawl out from under that box, homey

Not canada. Seems like the only place this was relevent and to all 39 NHL fans in the US.

Who pays attention to Hockey??? 

WINTER olympics at that
roll.gif

Yo homie...
The ratings numbers reflected the anticipation of the Olympic gold-medal game between Canada and the United States.

Sunday's epic -- won by Canada 3-2 in overtime -- was the most-watched hockey game since the gold-medal game in 1980, when the United States beat Finland after stunning the Soviet Union in the "Miracle on Ice." That gold-medal game drew 32.8 million.

According to NBC, the game drew an average viewership of 27.6 million and a rating of 15.2, a jump of 45.5 percent from the same matchup at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games. Both gold-medal games were aired midafternoon live.

From 5:30 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. ET, the audience reached its peak, with 34.8 million glued to the TV.

The game, carried in Canada on nine national networks and in eight languages, became the most-watched television broadcast in Canadian history. An average of 16.6 million Canadians, or about half of the nation's population, tuned in.

And about 80 percent of the population, or 26.5 million people, watched at least part of the game.

Buffalo -- where tournament MVP Ryan Miller plays for the Sabres -- was the top individual market in the United States, with a 32.6 rating. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minneapolis and Milwaukee rounded out the top five.

The celebration continued through the night, with Canadian television reporting an average of 14.3 million catching the closing ceremonies.

ESPN.com.

In comparison, the Celtics/Lakers finals in 08 drew an average rating of 9.3. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom