I want to show you guys this vid from the /B/ Cringe thread vol. Do fat people repulse you?

^ bullies 
mean.gif

Huh?! A degree is going above and beyond so you could compare that to someone who is a body builder. If your going to compare education to fitness start at a basic level. Now if you wanna say "Graduating high school was easy to me because I was focused on doing my work and getting it turned in on time." Thats fine with me. Staying fit doesn't take much work. Eating right and staying active will keep you at the weight you should be at, even if your out of shape. A fat person has to work hard to get down to a normal weight just as a person who is trying to graduate on time has to work hard to make up for all of the slacking off.

And yes.. I hate fat people..
Way to miss the point.  

First of all, my previous post was intended to demonstrate how childishly this topic has been presented.  No serious discussion about obesity amounts to "fat people r like totes gross."  

Second, this is all relative.  If you have a college degree, you might look down on those who "only" have a high school diploma - or those who "only" attended a vocational school.  For a lot of people, earning a college degree is easy.  How many people skate through college while drunk?  If you're the pretentious sort, you may not view an undergraduate degree as much of an accomplishment.  You might view it as the fitness equivalent of running a ten minute mile.

Just because something felt "easy" for you doesn't mean that your experience is universal.  Often times - especially when you're dealing with narcissists - people choose to minimize or overlook the influence of environmental factors on their "accomplishments."

It's very easy for kid who was coddled in the suburbs to look down on someone who grew up in poverty and say, "Oh, you dropped out of high school to support your siblings?  Well, maybe if you'd worked a little harder you'd have a bachelor's degree like I do.  You disgust me."

Sadly, it's not that easy for everyone to enjoy a healthy diet.  It should be, but it isn't.  Do a little research on food deserts, for example.  I talk to people all the time who are interested in getting into plant-based diets, but find it difficult to do so on a budget.  I could sit back and thump my chest, play up my BMI, look down on everyone who doesn't meet my personal standards, but even though I know how much discipline it's taken me to try and live a healthy life, I also know that it could've been far, far more difficult if I'd been in a different situation.

All it takes is a little perspective, compassion, and humility.  Everyone in the weight room is (or should be) there to improve.  Delusional egotists aside, none of us represents physical perfection.  We have plenty of room for further development.  As such, there are people out there who could just as easily look down on you as you look down on others.  Whether they do so or not is more a reflection of their character than yours.

And, speaking of narcissism, it takes a lot of nerve to think that your aesthetic preferences are actually going to motivate people to get or stay in shape.

There are plenty of reasons for people to adopt a disciplined diet and fitness regimen.  That "Club17" thinks fat people are "repulsive" isn't one of them.  You're not the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.  

In fact, there's plenty of cause to believe the exact opposite, that "fat shaming" is actually responsible for driving people to EMBRACE obesity.  Look at all these "nanny state" rants, for example.  

How are those issues presented?  In the case of soda bans and other "health-friendly" measures, critics often frame the argument like this:  Those "liberal elites" think they know better than you.  They think you're a bad parent because you buy your kids a Pepsi.  They think they should be allowed to choose what you eat, because you're too stupid and lazy to make the "right" decisions on your own.  And what happens?  Do people want to "prove the liberals wrong" by becoming fitness dynamos?  More often, the response is akin to, "you can pry my Big Mac from my cold, dead hand."  

And that's within the context of regulation.  There's a difference between imposing a gas guzzler tax and talking about throwing red paint on people's SUVs because they're selfish and disgusting.  Which measure is more likely to effect positive change? 

Here's an example of how to approach the issue of obesity with a modicum of maturity:  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbins/being-fat-in-america_b_840994.html

All that teasing and shaming helps reprehensible businesses like the "Heart Attack Grill".  It's serving them a ready-made niche marketing campaign on a silver platter.  

If you call a smoker repulsive, do you really think they're going to snuff out their cigarette and drop the habit immediately just to curry your favor?  Please.  More likely, they're just going to blow smoke in your face.

It's not "fat acceptance clubs" that lead people to embrace places like The Heart Attack Grill.  It's Club 29s.  

In fact, I'd wager that people like Club are a large part of the reason why "fat acceptance" organizations exist in the first place.  They're established to provide members with a shelter from your facile, condescending judgment.

If that's your attitude, never, ever, ever get into personal training. 

Effective ambassadors for healthy lifestyles are welcoming.  They focus on the positive.

Apparently you just want to think yourself better than the next person, and I suspect that has more to do with your insecurities than anything else.  

Next time, leave your "wrasslin' persona" in the WWF thread.

^ you didnt even quote me, why are you trying to take a shot at me with that last line?

of course because its YOU saying it, youll get another 20+ likes from the rest of the sheep who continue to believe im personally attacking them

Your rhetoric on 'fat-bashing' is the reason people CANT have a discussion about this RIDICULOUS NOTION OF 'FAT ACCEPTANCE ( I REPEAT: A RIDICULOUS NOTION). because people suddenly think you're taking personal insults at them.

I never personally insulted anyone but you seem to think i did. Perhaps you personally are affected by what I have said and are going through this right now in your life. Well, im not singling you or anyone else out, so stop putting words in my mouth

What teasing? What shaming?

and you continue to think i somehow said that fat people repulse me even though ive stated many times that it was a quote from the video

im sure you'll come back with another paragraph or three.

I could say much more, but like talking to a cop, you gotta learn to pick your battles.

Last edited:
Here's an example of how to approach the issue of obesity with a modicum of maturity:  
That article, while it does maintain a "mature" approach, isn't helping fight the obesity epidemic at all. There's no science in it. The author takes one sample couple and uses their experience to support his statement: "Eat a healthy plant-strong diet, and your body will thank you for the rest of your life." Plus he throws in an extreme example with the Heart Attack Grill. Sure, maturity in discussions of nutrition is important but this needs to be accompanied by science, rather than manipulation of extreme examples.

That article, while it does maintain a "mature" approach, isn't helping fight the obesity epidemic at all. There's no science in it. The author takes one sample couple and uses their experience to support his statement: "Eat a healthy plant-strong diet, and your body will thank you for the rest of your life." Plus he throws in an extreme example with the Heart Attack Grill. Sure, maturity in discussions of nutrition is important but this needs to be accompanied by science, rather than manipulation of extreme examples.
He's written whole books on the subject.  (The Food Revolution, Diet for a New America, etc.)  There's plenty of "science in it," but this was a one page blog entry on Huffington Post.  If you want depth, read the reference material.

Now, if anyone would like to show me the "science" in fat shaming...
of course because its YOU saying it, youll get another 20+ likes from the rest of the sheep who continue to believe im personally attacking them
If you feel like you can dismiss everything I say just because I co-founded the site, that's your problem.  Other people have expressed similar views in this thread and you've been unable to explain away the popularity of those responses using the same excuse.  
Your rhetoric on 'fat-bashing' is the reason people CANT have a discussion about this RIDICULOUS NOTION OF 'FAT ACCEPTANCE ( I REPEAT: A RIDICULOUS NOTION). because people suddenly think you're taking personal insults at them.

I never personally insulted anyone but you seem to think i did. Perhaps you personally are affected by what I have said and are going through this right now in your life. Well, im not singling you or anyone else out, so stop putting words in my mouth

and you continue to think i somehow said that fat people repulse me even though ive stated many times that it was a quote from the video
It's a quote from a video that you CHOSE to use in your topic title, and it's a video you cherry-picked to make a particular point. 

If you were hooked in to a polygraph, would you answer those questions in much the same way as the contestant on that ridiculous game show or not?  

Your "defense" is just "I didn't say it.... directly."  Well, do you believe it or not?  Your entire argument seems to be, "how dare fat people accept themselves."  I'll never know how difficult it is for someone who's considered dangerously obese to overcome that condition through diet and exercise.  Hopefully, neither will you.  Is it so wrong for someone to ask that they be treated like human beings even if they're considered overweight?  

If it's about health and health alone, then people should be encouraged to take a safe, HEALTHY approach to managing their weight.  Realistically, you're never going to be Mr. Universe.  Maybe it's your frame.  Maybe it's your work ethic.  Whatever the case, it's not going to happen.  If, however, anything less than that were considered "sloppy", you might be tempted to do UNHEALTHY things to try and achieve that standard.  (Hormones, steroids, etc. etc.)  Just saying "fat is ugly, fit is pretty" doesn't necessarily encourage healthy behavior.  It's just being shallow.  

i used to be fat, i mean i wasnt Od huge but it wasnt good either. being fat made me see things differently. to be honest i didnt lose weight for myself. it wasnt until one day this chick told me how hot id be if i lost weight. **** thats all i needed to hear stopped eating crazy. Now when i look back i realize that is completely my fault for being overweight in the 1st place. no1 forced me to eat as much as i did. i hated being fat every second of it. good thing im not ugly would of been a horrible combination

Your entire argument seems to be "how dare fat people accept themselves"
The entire argument has been why are there societies that accept this as being 'ok'

thats like having organizations that accept smokers for who they are, or alcoholics for who they are.

if we continuously tell people that their actions and lack of personal responsibility are ok, what reason would they have to change?

By having these organizations, you put out the wrong message.

Being obese is not ok. It is not something we should just 'accept'. 

That has been my argument the ENTIRE time.

the entire time.

Everything else has just been a few of you getting extremely defensive over the topic. 

Last edited:
The entire argument has been why are there societies that accept this as being 'ok'

thats like having organizations that accept smokers for who they are, or alcoholics for who they are

if we continuously tell people that their actions and lack of personal responsibility are ok, what reason would they have to change?

Being obese is not ok. Period.

the entire time.

Everything else has just been a few of you getting extremely defensive over the topic. 
There are organizations that welcome, rather than shame and exile, smokers and alcoholics.  They're called support groups.  Let's be real: you knew nothing about that organization when you made this thread.  You just judged it based on the name and whatever your preconceptions are.

An actual quote from that organization's PR director: 

“We believe that fat people can eat healthy food and add movement to their lives and be healthy. And healthy should be the goal, not thin.”  They've been lobbying to prevent job discrimination and improve access to affordable healthcare.  What's so terrible about that?

Bottom line, we're talking about human beings who deserve to be treated with dignity.  

Health is about more than just cellulite.  Unless you're supremely superficial, you know that.  We can all call to mind dozens of examples of thin people who are also unhealthy.  

The difference is, you can see right away if someone is dealing with obesity.  You can't easily tell if someone is struggling with a mental health issue, for example.  If someone's on the heavy side, why is that your business any more than if they suffered from depression?  Anorexia and bulimia are not healthy.  We don't need "thin shaming" campaigns to make that point.  We don't need to call skinny people gross and repulsive.  There are healthy people thin enough to be mistaken for a sufferer of an eating disorder.  They don't deserve your scorn, do they?

And even though obesity is more prevalent today than it was a few decades ago, the "ideal body" today is arguably thinner than ever.  Take this article for example:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-body-shape-warmly-curved-roundly-turned.html   What do you think would be said in the media today about a 5'4" actress who weighs 120 pounds?  Go back even further and look at the subjects of renaissance paintings.  What did the "ideal woman" look like in those societies?  

Obesity isn't widespread because it we've failed to stigmatize it harshly enough.  

I understand that you want people to be healthy, but it's not healthy for someone who's obese to hate themselves.  What YOU think about another person's body shouldn't even matter.

Ultimately, the best argument for health IS health.  It's being able to live a long, productive life.  It's being there for your loved ones.  It's being active and enjoying your favorite activities.  It's avoiding chronic pain and disease.  

People should want to enhance their quality of life for its own sake.  They don't need to be harassed, insulted, or discriminated against simply because they're "imperfect."  

You've got problems of your own, you know.  Be thankful that yours aren't being pecked at as viciously or relentlessly as you seem to think we should attack obesity.  

As Jesse Jackson once said, "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up." 

You can never tell someone they're wrong. and there's always some extra example or exception used to justify the common.

You don't even have to go from eating mcdonalds every day to a vegan diet... who would want to do that anyway.

meat >

Grab a few fruits and vegetables from the store. Make your own food it's cheaper and better than fast food daily.

And last but not least if you can't put the chocolate bar down...

you better be working twice as hard on laps around the park.

The original video showed a man being booed and persecuted because he told his opinion about fat people.

Club isn't the only one who thinks that fat people are repulsive, the vol. of the thread title was derived from the question asked in the video

Why is the skinny, seemingly healthy guy looked down upon in this situation?

And on top of that they bring the founder of a fat acceptance group to one-up this dude.

If we're going to use examples like smoking let's be consistent here.

Should a person be tormented for saying smokers are repulsive?

Absolutely not.

If "smokers" were replaced with "fat" in the video no one would be out of line, but in this case it is because the truth hurts their (fat people) feelings?

Proud fat people claim that they love their bodies and love themselves...that's great.

But if they TRULY loved their body then they would lose the weight. No, their love of great-tasting fatty foods is stronger than their love for their body.

Last edited:
I thought this thread had faded. I don't even know where to jump back in yet. I agree with both sides of this arguments on certains parts of the view. :smh:

Way to miss the point.  

Fat people get no respect. I don't walk up to every fat person I see and tell them "Hey! Your fat and I hate you!" lol. You can pat them on the back all you want. They don't want to be "Helped up" they want to sit on the couch and eat cheese and ice cream all day.

You can eat whatever you want in moderation but its not even about dieting. Your telling me they can't get out of the house and walk around the block? Do they have to ride in the little electrical cart at the grocery store?

The woman in that video will come out in front of an audience and look intimidating sure, But I bet she wont sit there with her head up and eat a meal in front of that same audience..

Sometimes I wish we had natural predators just so I could see a fat person get chased down and eaten.

I cannot grasp how people allow themselves to become obese. I was about 10 pounds overweight this time last year and couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror, so I quickly changed my lifestyle and lost it and more.

I feel as if a grown man or woman who feeds themself shouldn't be overweight. How hard is it to throw some grilled chicken on a grill?

^ you didnt even quote me, why are you trying to take a shot at me with that last line?

im sure you'll come back with another paragraph or three.

I could say much more, but like talking to a cop, you gotta learn to pick your battles.

thats like having organizations that accept smokers for who they are, or alcoholics for who they are.

Being obese is not ok. It is not something we should just 'accept'. 

the entire time.

Frankly Club, I don't think you honestly even know what you want to discuss at this point, because the direction of the thread has obviously not gone how YOU would have hoped. A less stubborn person would have actually embraced the very real discussion going on here. However, short of resigning, you have chosen to e-pout and dismiss all opinion contrary to your own as the mindless bleating of sheep.

Post like these: "...I honestly cant believe how many reps Super Antigen's first post got :smh:" and "...now that the ALMIGHTY Meth has spoken, i fully expect his post to get about 25 thumbs-up and several quotations with "THIS" put at the end," betray your real intentions.

This was NEVER meant to be a "discussion"; you know, the type of two/multi-way conversation where different people share and exchange opinions and ideas? No, never that. What you had hoped for was for everyone to agree with you, about the impudence and ridiculousness of a "Fat Acceptance" Organization. What you wanted was for everyone to join you in this mockery of "corpulent bodies," because ridiculing fat people under the guise of health-living has been and should continue being acceptable, right? It's no wonder that you were in disbelief at my post and that of Meth's, and subsequent "thumbs up" they received (not that any of that actually matters); disbelief that there are members here who don't believe in shaming fat bodies; disbelief that there are members who hold views contrary to yours on a topic you thought would be sure fire win.

Further evidence that this thread was disingenuous in it's intent: your complete misunderstanding of what "Fat Acceptance", the organization, really entails.

Had you been sincere in your intent for this thread, you would have at least done your homework and browsed on over to the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance website. There you would discover that "Fat Acceptance" has little to with "promot[ing] poor lifestyle choices..." and "alleviat[ing] self-responsibility." If anything, it's the very opposite. Their message is one "self-empowerment through advocacy, public education, and support" with a particular emphasis on halting discriminatory practices against larger bodies. They're not over there championing obese and unhealthy bodies. They are championing civil rights and fighting discriminatory practices that are wholly biased, given the thin-obsessed society we live in.

What it boils down to, simply stated, is a want of respect--the kind every person, by virtue of being born human, irrespective of race, sex, creed, etc, is deserving off. I'm sure the health hazards of their larger bodies is not lost on them--i'll give them the benefit of the doubt. That being the said, it's not in your place to tell them how to live and conduct their bodies, and it's certainly not your place to shame them or embarrass them or bully them into a supposedly healthier lifestyle. It would, however, be befitting of you as a decent human being to give them their due respect as fellow men and women in our supposedly civilized society.

We are all familiar with idiom, "never judge a book by its cover", but how many of us actually practice it? Fatness is not a permanent state of being, and yet after reading some of y'all post, it's obvious that some of y'all judge larger bodies as though their physicalities were set in stone, and in the process, ascribe to them some very negative qualities, which is altogether shameful. This is the very thing "Fat Acceptance" fights against--preconceived notions and stereotypes.

Lastly, and you may find this hard to believe, given my defense of larger bodies, but I am a very fit person. This is thanks in equal parts to my genes, my lifestyle, and my diet. Why am I telling you this? Because I think it necessary, given that you are of the opinion that one only defends larger bodies only if they are "personally insulted" by your comments. Some of us just find it necessary to call out insecure bullies for what they are. Don't get too mind blown.

Last edited:
are overweight people considered handicapped? do they get those special placards,since they ride those little scooters? i dont find them repulsive or think of them as beneath me, but i dont agree with the way they are applauded as over coming obstacles and whatever because they lost weight..i mean they are the reason they were in that situation to begin with, i wouldnt be surprised if certain midwest states passed laws to make larger doorways for heavyset folk.our countries refrigerators are about 4 times larger than our european counterparts, our nation has a problem with showing control, whether its cigarettes alcohol or sugar.i would love to just eat all day and watch tv, but i have control and know the consequences that come with those decisions.

Last edited:
there was a pic i found on the bb forums. it was a pic of a dude and a girl. they at the gym showing their abs. people commenting saying how thats diagusting and all that ****. one chick said the girl is on roids -_-

on the flip side there was a fat chick in bra and panties with ill stretch marks sayin how this is her and if u dont like it get out.

people commented saying yes this is how all women should look/this is a real woman. embrace who u are

i found the picture

PEPPER YOUR ANGUS

View media item 382578

wish I could read that.

Way to miss the point.  
Fat people get no respect. I don't walk up to every fat person I see and tell them "Hey! Your fat and I hate you!" lol. You can pat them on the back all you want. They don't want to be "Helped up" they want to sit on the couch and eat cheese and ice cream all day.

You can eat whatever you want in moderation but its not even about dieting. Your telling me they can't get out of the house and walk around the block? Do they have to ride in the little electrical cart at the grocery store?

The woman in that video will come out in front of an audience and look intimidating sure, But I bet she wont sit there with her head up and eat a meal in front of that same audience..

Sometimes I wish we had natural predators just so I could see a fat person get chased down and eaten.
It's hilarious that you're trying to defend your position with generalizations. 

Back
Top Bottom