Hundreds dead in the south

http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/images/high_resolution/720-200_20110427-GOESVIS.jpg

Zoom in and you can see the individual cones forming from space.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

I am praying

BUT

Why do people live in these kind of places when they know this is the risk?
Its home. Sort of like those people that stay where those volcanoes could erupt at any time. When you grow up somewhere or have family ties. You're not trying to leave just over some warnings even when the risk is that you could die.

I am praying

BUT

Its home. Sort of like those people that stay where those volcanoes could erupt at any time. When you grow up somewhere or have family ties. You're not trying to leave just over some warnings even when the risk is that you could die.

Originally Posted by jones23me

yo thats EFFED up, I live in Oklahoma and we have tornadoes year round damn near.. they should show people in every state how to prepare and take cover just in case.

Take cover where? Folks don't have basements or underground shelters like we've got in the Midwest. Water table is too high. And it's $$ building a tornado proof above ground shelter. A lot of poor counties in that region. I'm pretty sure every state has severe weather awareness week though. Most tornados are weak too but when you get an F4 or F5 there's not much you can do

Originally Posted by jones23me

yo thats EFFED up, I live in Oklahoma and we have tornadoes year round damn near.. they should show people in every state how to prepare and take cover just in case.

Take cover where? Folks don't have basements or underground shelters like we've got in the Midwest. Water table is too high. And it's $$ building a tornado proof above ground shelter. A lot of poor counties in that region. I'm pretty sure every state has severe weather awareness week though. Most tornados are weak too but when you get an F4 or F5 there's not much you can do

I am praying

BUT

The conditions yesterday were perfect for the things that happen. Yesterday morning I woke up thinking a tornado was outside my house because the winds were high and the lighting was flashing like someone just shot fireworks outside the house. My friend who is a meteorologist in Maine said that the stuff that happen that morning was an indication of what was going to happen later because it was never predicted and it just pop up. 
And we're not known for having tornadoes like this. Meteorologist yesterday said this will be a once in a lifetime storm cuz things like this is rare. Like I said the conditions were perfect for us to have one the temperature, humidity, and the dew point were all high yesterday. 

I am praying

BUT

The conditions yesterday were perfect for the things that happen. Yesterday morning I woke up thinking a tornado was outside my house because the winds were high and the lighting was flashing like someone just shot fireworks outside the house. My friend who is a meteorologist in Maine said that the stuff that happen that morning was an indication of what was going to happen later because it was never predicted and it just pop up. 
And we're not known for having tornadoes like this. Meteorologist yesterday said this will be a once in a lifetime storm cuz things like this is rare. Like I said the conditions were perfect for us to have one the temperature, humidity, and the dew point were all high yesterday. 

Yea, nowhere on this planet is safe, natural disasters can strike at anytime without warning. You gotta live somewhere, risks for certain things may be greater but some people don't have a choice, that's where there livelihood and family is. No different than people living in Cali where the big quake could be just around the corner.

Yea, nowhere on this planet is safe, natural disasters can strike at anytime without warning. You gotta live somewhere, risks for certain things may be greater but some people don't have a choice, that's where there livelihood and family is. No different than people living in Cali where the big quake could be just around the corner.

I am praying

BUT

Where are you going to live in the U.S. that doesnt have natural disasters? West coast has earth quakes, South has tornadoes, and hurricanes. North and North East has snow, blizzards, and an occasional hurricane. Not many other places to live unless you go to North Dakota or something....

I am praying

BUT

Where are you going to live in the U.S. that doesnt have natural disasters? West coast has earth quakes, South has tornadoes, and hurricanes. North and North East has snow, blizzards, and an occasional hurricane. Not many other places to live unless you go to North Dakota or something....

Man it's crazy down here I'm a student from bham that's gos to UA my homegurl who's like a lil sister to me house got destroyed it's crazy waking up and see rubble where you knew a mall, restaurant, etc once stood it's one thing to see it on the news completely diff to see it in person I walked outside my apartment and saw it less than two miles from my house It actually went right behind it its really something crazy to experience they canceled finals and everything just pray

Man it's crazy down here I'm a student from bham that's gos to UA my homegurl who's like a lil sister to me house got destroyed it's crazy waking up and see rubble where you knew a mall, restaurant, etc once stood it's one thing to see it on the news completely diff to see it in person I walked outside my apartment and saw it less than two miles from my house It actually went right behind it its really something crazy to experience they canceled finals and everything just pray

I didnt expect death. Wow, Rip. When the title read hundreds dead, I thought you referring to the clothing line. NO DISRESPECT INTENDED. 

I didnt expect death. Wow, Rip. When the title read hundreds dead, I thought you referring to the clothing line. NO DISRESPECT INTENDED. 

Holy %%#% those videos are insane. My heart goes out to all affected by this; I wish there were some way I could help
tired.gif

Holy %%#% those videos are insane. My heart goes out to all affected by this; I wish there were some way I could help
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom