HTC TOUCH PRO / MDA VARIO IV / XV6850 / FUZE

sick.gif

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

I got a bad feeling about this one. the Instinct disappointed. Unfortunately, I think we're in for a re-run.
naa I was playing with it yesterday and you will not be disappointed with this phone

scheme people say? know someone at sprint? get a clean esn number, change the phone insure it and then call a few weeks later to report it lost/stolen .. lmao

but yeah if this dont have internet sharing im keepin my mogul .. Free Internet (WIRELESS MODEM) FTW .. LMAO!

Originally Posted by SGS MM

scheme people say? know someone at sprint? get a clean esn number, change the phone insure it and then call a few weeks later to report it lost/stolen .. lmao

but yeah if this dont have internet sharing im keepin my mogul .. Free Internet (WIRELESS MODEM) FTW .. LMAO!
www.wmwifirouter.com

^^ I have to look into that .. but the way I do it, I dont need any additional software/hardware and I can be driving and have a constant internet connection,no wifi hot spots .. so overall I think with a usb cable and a mogul im in there all the time .. as long as I get service I have free internet ..

^ WMWifirouter turns YOUR PHONE into the wifi hot spot, you don't even have to use a usb cable, and other people with their phones, computers, laptops, andother wifi enabled devices can get in if you allow them

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^ WMWifirouter turns YOUR PHONE into the wifi hot spot, you don't even have to use a usb cable, and other people with their phones, computers, laptops, and other wifi enabled devices can get in if you allow them

wait a sec now .. so you saying .. the phone becomes the wifi? I dont need to be close to a hotspot? hmm I might have to check this out .. do you need goodreception though?

I mean 30 bucks can be spent for wireless .. vice what Im using now that I dont pay for jack ..

I would love to get the Pro, but I just got the Mogul last year and don't think I'm eligible for a good upgrade. Maybe for Christmas.

I wish Alltel had this like right now...might have to go with the Blackberry curve instead...

Originally Posted by SGS MM

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^ WMWifirouter turns YOUR PHONE into the wifi hot spot, you don't even have to use a usb cable, and other people with their phones, computers, laptops, and other wifi enabled devices can get in if you allow them

wait a sec now .. so you saying .. the phone becomes the wifi? I dont need to be close to a hotspot? hmm I might have to check this out .. do you need good reception though?

I mean 30 bucks can be spent for wireless .. vice what Im using now that I dont pay for jack ..
Ur phone is the hotspot.

Im using that right now to type on my laptop. The speeds arent bad at all (about 800-1250kbps wit EVDO-Rev A). I would def suggest having unlimited data onyour plan because ull use up alot of it. If u got the old sero even better.

Also the down side to this app is that it kills the battery over time and it gets very hot while in use. Trust it comes in very handy where there is no wifihotspot availabe or they charge for it.

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

Did Sprint confirm a release of the HTC Touch HD?
nerd.gif

50f44888-482f-42ee-899d-23406ef11767.jpg

^^Only coming out in Europe. HTC never planned for a US release and if they actually made reconfigured new models for the US, it would be outdated. You can tryto get it from overseas but it will run you 800+ and no 3G, just EDGE.

Originally Posted by Step Your Game Up

Did Sprint confirm a release of the HTC Touch HD?
nerd.gif

50f44888-482f-42ee-899d-23406ef11767.jpg
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news......but HTC has decided not to bring the Touch HD to the us period.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]HTC not bringing Touch HD to the States[/h2]
by Darren Murph, posted Oct 7th 2008 at 12:32PM

10-7-08-htc_touch_hd.jpg

This shouldn't be surprising at all to anyone even remotely familiar with HTC's tendencies, but the Touch HD is officially not ever shipping to America (unless you import, obviously). The news was dropped via a Tweet (of all things), but evidently, the outcry over what we figured was common knowledge has caused some windows to be rattled in the penthouse offices. Another official Tweet followed to thank everyone for "expressing their desire for the HD," with the author noting that "US management now knows there's a grassroots demand for high-end HTCs here." Really, HTC? You needed a flood of angry Twitter comments to understand that Americans would give their second born for a phone like the Touch HD?

[Via WMExperts, thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Update:
We've received official word from HTC that they've been really overwhelmed by the "strong" demand for the HD in the States and other markets where no launch has been planned (with that insane display, it seemed like a no-brainer to us!). Sadly, due to the engineering time required to get a North American 3G version in the pipeline, they say they're better off just waiting until the next round of products launches -- hopefully with some extra bands in the radio this time, eh?
Source

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I was tight when I read that. I mad they didnt even think about bringin it over to the states. They must think the Iphone and all touchscreenphones are only selling one unit at a time or sumtin. They dropped the ball with this one so again......
smh.gif
smh.gif

As far as price...this is a response I got from Ecare. Im due for an upgrade on my line.

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you regarding the
handset upgrade.

We at Sprint offer great rebates for the existing customers depending
upon the handset life on the account. As per this rebate offer, your
line # is eligible for an Instant Rebate of $150.00 on the purchase
of a new PCS Phone.

So, I glad to inform you that you can get the new HTC Touch pro on
online price (for $299.99) with a two-year contract and after a $100
mail-in rebate.

HTC Touch Pro will be available October 19, 2008 for $299.99 (online
price) with a two-year contract and after a $100 mail-in rebate

Back