HP Touchpad for $99/$149

Originally Posted by solesavage

I dont understand why dudes call the stores and expect them not to be annoyed? Thats why number one rule is "NEVER CALL!" Can you imagine working at a store and receiving hundreds of the same phone calls? Anyone would get annoyed.

A lot of you should just chill out.
BEGIN RANT *** I don't expect them to be be "chipper" but being annoyed or acting that way turns off the CUSTOMER.  Do I understand why they might be- YES, but that doesn't justify it- Number one rule of customer service is that the customer is always right- meaning- please him or her to the best of your ability, and even if you are annoyed- try and conceal/cover it up.  Whatever impression you give off may influence positively or negatively that customer's opinion towards the store/company and determine whether they do more or less/any business in the future.

For example, I own a small business and have plenty of people who call wanting to place small(less than 50 dollar orders).  Is it annoying- absolutely- that is not how I am going to make money.  At the same time, I have a handful of customers who are long time customers who started out ordering 50 dollars or less.  The reason why they now order more from me is because quite possibly we made a favorable impression on them initially, even though they may have been annoying.  Chances are, MOST small orders are just that- and never much more, but they are orders, they are CUSTOMERS, and they are what PAYS THE BILLS.  So bottom line, even if it is in fact ANNOYING, its part of the job, so suck it up BEST BUY.  Not like a lot of us on here haven't given them a ton of business anyways prior to this whole deal. END RANT- nothing personal SOLESAVAGE- apologies if it came off that way.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

no stores in Maine arent getting any either
laugh.gif

they probably lying
laugh.gif
. I went in early morning. The one dude lied and said they wont be getting any at all again. I said "yeah right"

Went in early afternoon and told another female that I knew they had got a shipment by now. She said yeah we just got em and I was good. I went back for my mans after mines and everyone who was walking out had one. Store had to have got 40-50 16gb and a ton of 32gbs left.

Go in & check ya store

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by solesavage

I dont understand why dudes call the stores and expect them not to be annoyed? Thats why number one rule is "NEVER CALL!" Can you imagine working at a store and receiving hundreds of the same phone calls? Anyone would get annoyed.

A lot of you should just chill out.
BEGIN RANT *** I don't expect them to be be "chipper" but being annoyed or acting that way turns off the CUSTOMER.  Do I understand why they might be- YES, but that doesn't justify it- Number one rule of customer service is that the customer is always right- meaning- please him or her to the best of your ability, and even if you are annoyed- try and conceal/cover it up.  Whatever impression you give off may influence positively or negatively that customer's opinion towards the store/company and determine whether they do more or less/any business in the future.

For example, I own a small business and have plenty of people who call wanting to place small(less than 50 dollar orders).  Is it annoying- absolutely- that is not how I am going to make money.  At the same time, I have a handful of customers who are long time customers who started out ordering 50 dollars or less.  The reason why they now order more from me is because quite possibly we made a favorable impression on them initially, even though they may have been annoying.  Chances are, MOST small orders are just that- and never much more, but they are orders, they are CUSTOMERS, and they are what PAYS THE BILLS.  So bottom line, even if it is in fact ANNOYING, its part of the job, so suck it up BEST BUY.  Not like a lot of us on here haven't given them a ton of business anyways prior to this whole deal. END RANT- nothing personal SOLESAVAGE- apologies if it came off that way.
wink.gif

I completely agree with everything youre saying. However, this is not your every day situation/senario. What im saying is people should understand that this doesnt happen everyday and customer service is not used to this much traffic. Thats why im chillen just letting the entire situation play out. If I get one cool, if I dont cool. Extra $100 in my account.

got my confirmation email from Best Buy saying it was shipped today. probably will get it by thursday at work.

good looks to who said that best buy was live on sunday morning.

anyone who wants to trade their 16gb for a 32gb plus tax, shipping, etc. and are in the nyc/philly area,  PM me.

BTW, anyone who had ordered from Best Buy, did you guys get free shipping? Thought I saw in an earlier post that Best Buy was offering free shipping.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Why didn't I get overnight shipping?
30t6p3b.gif
This.
I need this touchpad my laptop crashed just a few days ago
OnSale needs to be clutch right now

NT brethren my order is on the way, I ordered from onsale at 5:06 if that means something to u guys. Just got a response to an email I sent to [email protected] ( not sure if its the right addy google to confirm) but they sent me a response that took about a day to receive.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Anyone ordered from HP and have theirs shipped yet?
ordered on the 21st, order conformation said estimated ship will be 8/24. charge on cc is still pending  

Just got this e-mail from HP:
Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad.  Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness.  We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.
We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Originally Posted by stylez23

scored one at best buy today!

How do you just "score" one at best buy? You just walked in and they just had one that was able to be purchased? Where do you live?

Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad.  Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness.  We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  Be the first to know when your unit ships by clicking here for your order status.
We hope you will give us at the HP Home & Home Office Store the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

^ when did u place your order?  

Originally Posted by EVObee

Anyone ordered from HP and have theirs shipped yet?
ordered on the 21st, order conformation said estimated ship will be 8/24. charge on cc is still pending  
I ordered from HP. By CC got charged, but Im waiting on the shipping confirm email.

I didn't get that email. Status is still pending and CC is charged.
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: I got the email. Hopefully it ships Thursday, then.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Originally Posted by stylez23

scored one at best buy today!

How do you just "score" one at best buy? You just walked in and they just had one that was able to be purchased? Where do you live?
exactly... i went in around 4:00 PM, been following the slickdeals thread, and checked the BB inventory checker
16 GB: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode

32GB: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode

and showed up as 'IN STORE ONLY'... drove down and they had about 20 in stock when I walked in, maybe 3-4 people in front of me buying also... but I am sure they are gone now as when I left the line grew to about 10-15 people

might be worth it check, as it seems BB is getting some this week some got them already some haven't... just been following what was said at slickdeals

anyone get thru to OnSale phone yet. its been busy for 48hrs... just want to know if im cancelled or not

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

I don't think they sent these to ppl who ordered from the small and medium business site.  I have yet to receive any emails from HP and when I tried to find out my status online it took me to some other crappy page telling me I could be put on notification for when they get more.... 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom