How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

I think his career will mirror Allen Iverson, minus the finals appearances, mvp and multi all-star. Just a scorer.

edit: I have yet to see the man make a game winning shot either. He has had his chances at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqUijrvyqQ1:04

The thing with the Warriors is games don't really go down to the wire that often. You'll see lots of close games in the 4th quarter and then we'll either catch fire and run away with it or completely fold. I can only think of one or two games this year that we've one or loss by 2 points or less.

So yea maybe Monta doesn't make a lot of game winning buzzer beater shots but he stays making HUGE shots and he stays going stupid in the 4th quarter. He's single handedly carried the team to a W sooooo many times in the 4th.

And I agree with OneTrust, Monta is no chucker. Chuckers don't score 46 points on 18-24 shooting, 44 on 15-20, etc etc.

!*+% it, chuckers aren't top 2 at their position in efficiency. 
laugh.gif

Way to point out the two best games of his career. Monta isn't top 2 in anything. He's a volume scorer. That's it. 

I think his career will mirror Allen Iverson, minus the finals appearances, mvp and multi all-star. Just a scorer.

edit: I have yet to see the man make a game winning shot either. He has had his chances at them.

The thing with the Warriors is games don't really go down to the wire that often. You'll see lots of close games in the 4th quarter and then we'll either catch fire and run away with it or completely fold. I can only think of one or two games this year that we've one or loss by 2 points or less.

So yea maybe Monta doesn't make a lot of game winning buzzer beater shots but he stays making HUGE shots and he stays going stupid in the 4th quarter. He's single handedly carried the team to a W sooooo many times in the 4th.

And I agree with OneTrust, Monta is no chucker. Chuckers don't score 46 points on 18-24 shooting, 44 on 15-20, etc etc.

laugh.gif

Way to point out the two best games of his career. Monta isn't top 2 in anything. He's a volume scorer. That's it. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif

Monta isn't top 2 in anything.

the only SG with a higher efficiency rating is Wade. if you throw PG's in the mix he drops to number 8.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

the only SG with a higher efficiency rating is Wade. if you throw PG's in the mix he drops to number 8.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

LOL at using NBA.com's efficiency rating system. That formula tells you nothing, and is absurdly flawed. But you don't need a basic understanding of stats to know that, calling Monta Ellis the second most efficient 2 guard in the league should tell you it's worthless.

laugh.gif

grin.gif

LOL at using NBA.com's efficiency rating system. That formula tells you nothing, and is absurdly flawed. But you don't need a basic understanding of stats to know that, calling Monta Ellis the second most efficient 2 guard in the league should tell you it's worthless.

That's always been the problem with ST, too many dumbies running around speaking on teams and players they get to see maybe once or twice a season on ESPN.

And I don't need the NBA's formula to tell me he's one of the most efficient guards in the league because I see it with my own eyes every night.

I was in LA when the Lakers were in Oakland last week, Stu Lantz (who I generally can't stand) seems to agree that Monta is one of the most efficient offensive players in the league, he said it himself during the broadcast.

That's always been the problem with ST, too many dumbies running around speaking on teams and players they get to see maybe once or twice a season on ESPN.

And I don't need the NBA's formula to tell me he's one of the most efficient guards in the league because I see it with my own eyes every night.

I was in LA when the Lakers were in Oakland last week, Stu Lantz (who I generally can't stand) seems to agree that Monta is one of the most efficient offensive players in the league, he said it himself during the broadcast.

I don't see how an efficiency chart can be all that doesn't use FGA, FGM, FT's in it's computation. NVM, just saw that it's all guards 
laugh.gif

I don't see how an efficiency chart can be all that doesn't use FGA, FGM, FT's in it's computation. NVM, just saw that it's all guards 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't see how an efficiency chart can be all that doesn't use FGA, FGM, FT's in it's computation. I find it extremely hard to believe that LeBron is not in the top 50 for most efficient players in the league.
Bron is #2 using the NBA formula, the link Jumpman posted is guards only.  Where are you seeing the actual computations, I can't find them.

I don't see how an efficiency chart can be all that doesn't use FGA, FGM, FT's in it's computation. I find it extremely hard to believe that LeBron is not in the top 50 for most efficient players in the league.
Bron is #2 using the NBA formula, the link Jumpman posted is guards only.  Where are you seeing the actual computations, I can't find them.

I just noticed that it was guards only, my mistake.  I'm just going off the fact that those are the only stats that they had lined up with EFF.  Maybe they are.  I'm to the ESPN one where they list all the sub-stats first and then list the computed PER.

Back
Top Bottom