How good is Monta Ellis really?

I constantly ask myself why aren't the Warriors chasing a playoff spot, they have a REALLY good team on paper, but I guess that's not what it is all about, you have to have players understand their role and I don't think GS has that identity yet.

Also I don't think the Ellis - Curry backcourt works out even though Monta has said he has no problems with it anymore. My feeling is Monta is moved at some point after the season because they want to have Curry be their building piece even though Monta is also very young.

I constantly ask myself why aren't the Warriors chasing a playoff spot, they have a REALLY good team on paper, but I guess that's not what it is all about, you have to have players understand their role and I don't think GS has that identity yet.

Also I don't think the Ellis - Curry backcourt works out even though Monta has said he has no problems with it anymore. My feeling is Monta is moved at some point after the season because they want to have Curry be their building piece even though Monta is also very young.

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

Our Bench is absolutely terrible.

One of the best pure scorers in the game but just doesn't know how to win yet. Put him on a good team with a proven coach that needs a go-to scorer and he'd be amazing.

One of the best pure scorers in the game but just doesn't know how to win yet. Put him on a good team with a proven coach that needs a go-to scorer and he'd be amazing.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

You did trade your depth away for David Lee.

Not really. Azubuike hasn't played all year for Knicks. It was basically David Lee for Turiaf and A. Randolph (who isn't playing very many minutes in NY)

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

Not really. Azubuike hasn't played all year for Knicks. It was basically David Lee for Turiaf and A. Randolph (who isn't playing very many minutes in NY)

The Warriors are also quite a young team, lots of pieces that need to develop and get better (Curry, Udoh, Dorrell Wright etc.) It's just the bench is so bad that Monta has to play every minute of every game. It would be good to have someone like Deng, or just another reliable vet scorer off the bench to be effective consistently when Monta/Curry need to sit. And probably another big (Oden is actually very interesting...we should definitely take a flyer on him). I've also heard the Warriors were asking about Yao Ming.
laugh.gif

The Warriors are also quite a young team, lots of pieces that need to develop and get better (Curry, Udoh, Dorrell Wright etc.) It's just the bench is so bad that Monta has to play every minute of every game. It would be good to have someone like Deng, or just another reliable vet scorer off the bench to be effective consistently when Monta/Curry need to sit. And probably another big (Oden is actually very interesting...we should definitely take a flyer on him). I've also heard the Warriors were asking about Yao Ming.
laugh.gif

All I gotta say is, if a thread is made about him and there are disagreements then he must be doing something right. When he gets voted in as a reserve, haters and non-believers can #!%#. kthxbye

All I gotta say is, if a thread is made about him and there are disagreements then he must be doing something right. When he gets voted in as a reserve, haters and non-believers can #!%#. kthxbye

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

We had injured Turiaf, semi-injured Randolph, and injured Buike...That's no depth.

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

We had injured Turiaf, semi-injured Randolph, and injured Buike...That's no depth.

I rarely have such a strong viewpoint on a player(s), but Monta Ellis is BYYYYYYYYYYYY FARRRRRRRR the most underrated player in the league. I watch a LOT of basketball, 2-3 games a night and I watch every Warriors game. He is one of the most efficient, best scorers in the game. His defense and strength is very underrated. The Warriors are terrible because of the lack of depth and frontcourt ability. Mash that with the injuries to David Lee and Steph and that is why their record is so poor. With their 'big 3' playing their record is not bad. Monta has one of the nicest midrange games in the league. He can freeze a defender and rise up and nail that jumper time and time again. He can get to the rim at will against ANY defender in the NBA. He is one of the best finishers at the rim in the league. His offensive game honestly has zero holes. He can even nail the three now consistently. If you put him next to a good wing player, with a good team he would definitely be an All-Star. He plays within the offense and doesn't just iso that much. Once he gets the ball he goes to work. He isn't one of those players that needs to dribble 20 times to do what he wants. If he was on the Magic and it was him, Gilbert and Hedo on the foor they would immediately be as good as Miami, Lakers and Celtics. He would make them a serious title contender for years to come.

It pisses me off how bad people think he is. If ANYONE watches him play every game and thinks that it's all good. People don't watch him play and have this misguided opinion about him. He plays hard every minute out there on the floor, attacks, is a good teammate, etc. He really gets the short end of the stick on perceptions.

I rarely have such a strong viewpoint on a player(s), but Monta Ellis is BYYYYYYYYYYYY FARRRRRRRR the most underrated player in the league. I watch a LOT of basketball, 2-3 games a night and I watch every Warriors game. He is one of the most efficient, best scorers in the game. His defense and strength is very underrated. The Warriors are terrible because of the lack of depth and frontcourt ability. Mash that with the injuries to David Lee and Steph and that is why their record is so poor. With their 'big 3' playing their record is not bad. Monta has one of the nicest midrange games in the league. He can freeze a defender and rise up and nail that jumper time and time again. He can get to the rim at will against ANY defender in the NBA. He is one of the best finishers at the rim in the league. His offensive game honestly has zero holes. He can even nail the three now consistently. If you put him next to a good wing player, with a good team he would definitely be an All-Star. He plays within the offense and doesn't just iso that much. Once he gets the ball he goes to work. He isn't one of those players that needs to dribble 20 times to do what he wants. If he was on the Magic and it was him, Gilbert and Hedo on the foor they would immediately be as good as Miami, Lakers and Celtics. He would make them a serious title contender for years to come.

It pisses me off how bad people think he is. If ANYONE watches him play every game and thinks that it's all good. People don't watch him play and have this misguided opinion about him. He plays hard every minute out there on the floor, attacks, is a good teammate, etc. He really gets the short end of the stick on perceptions.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by CP1708

I like Monta, always have.  Every time I see him play it seems like his shot is smooth and true.  Him and Curry are def fun to watch and could be a good duo with the right bigs. 

Just throwin it out there, but with Lee solid at the 4, taking a flier on Oden is not a bad look.  He needs the change of scenery, and I know it's a risk, but if you can sign him to a low dollar, low risk deal, they should look into it at least. 

Put it this way, a healthy Oden "type" would work perfect for Lee, Curry and Monta.  Get a solid 3 in there, a Deng type, and I would think that team would be tough to beat.  Some inside, outside, rebounding, shot block, post play, mid range, pick and roll, 3 point shooting, rebounding, they would be legit in a perfect world.  Defense is all they would need to improve.  *shrugs* 
Dream scenario to get Oden and Deng. I wish.

acidicality wrote:
laugh.gif
2 Warrior fans agreed with me, that's a new record for me. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by CP1708

I like Monta, always have.  Every time I see him play it seems like his shot is smooth and true.  Him and Curry are def fun to watch and could be a good duo with the right bigs. 

Just throwin it out there, but with Lee solid at the 4, taking a flier on Oden is not a bad look.  He needs the change of scenery, and I know it's a risk, but if you can sign him to a low dollar, low risk deal, they should look into it at least. 

Put it this way, a healthy Oden "type" would work perfect for Lee, Curry and Monta.  Get a solid 3 in there, a Deng type, and I would think that team would be tough to beat.  Some inside, outside, rebounding, shot block, post play, mid range, pick and roll, 3 point shooting, rebounding, they would be legit in a perfect world.  Defense is all they would need to improve.  *shrugs* 
Dream scenario to get Oden and Deng. I wish.

acidicality wrote:
laugh.gif
2 Warrior fans agreed with me, that's a new record for me. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom