How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"Nice, I just wanted you to acknowledge that stupid +!$$ you said earlier about how I should just not watch the NBA."

Your choice, your TV, your "corrupt league that is showing no love to poor widdle Monta".
laugh.gif

Don't then just $%*!% about it when you're implicity supporting the same league with your viewership.
Who the #%%* are you quoting with that second set of parenthesis? I didn't say that.

Damn right it's my choice, and my choice is to enjoy 8 months of damn good entertainment year after year. Is the league perfect? No, are referees perfect in any sport? No. Yet your simple self somehow concludes that I should not watch the league all together?

If I'm supporting the league with my veiwership (and more importantly through a significant amount of purchased tickets) then how am I "just +@@@# about it,"?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"Nice, I just wanted you to acknowledge that stupid +!$$ you said earlier about how I should just not watch the NBA."

Your choice, your TV, your "corrupt league that is showing no love to poor widdle Monta".
laugh.gif

Don't then just $%*!% about it when you're implicity supporting the same league with your viewership.
Who the #%%* are you quoting with that second set of parenthesis? I didn't say that.

Damn right it's my choice, and my choice is to enjoy 8 months of damn good entertainment year after year. Is the league perfect? No, are referees perfect in any sport? No. Yet your simple self somehow concludes that I should not watch the league all together?

If I'm supporting the league with my veiwership (and more importantly through a significant amount of purchased tickets) then how am I "just +@@@# about it,"?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by acidicality

Aren't you a Laker fan? That would explain a lot...
Of course...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And no, Luke is not a Laker fan.  I do believe he is related to Osh though. 

But I'm lovin the people throwin Sith at him, I did the same thing in another thread. 
laugh.gif

He's good people, just as I said, he has the Osh mentality so you have to understand where he's coming from. 

Of course...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But I'm lovin the people throwin Sith at him, I did the same thing in another thread. 
laugh.gif

He's good people, just as I said, he has the Osh mentality so you have to understand where he's coming from. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The real point is you'll never win with a 6'0 taking 20+ shots a game
Coulda sworn there was a team that was 3 wins away from winning it all like that. Only thing is that team was specifically built around a volume shooter by putting four above-average defenders around him.
Back to the FT issue, put it like this, if Player A is playing the same style of game as Player B, but Player A gets 3 more FTs per night, wouldn't that strike you as odd? I don't want referee sympathy or anything, just a consistent game.

Coulda sworn there was a team that was 3 wins away from winning it all like that. Only thing is that team was specifically built around a volume shooter by putting four above-average defenders around him.
Back to the FT issue, put it like this, if Player A is playing the same style of game as Player B, but Player A gets 3 more FTs per night, wouldn't that strike you as odd? I don't want referee sympathy or anything, just a consistent game.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Exactly and if Ivo couldn't do it no one else will

Exactly and if Ivo couldn't do it no one else will

Iverson is the best 6'0 volume shooter you'll ever see and the Sixers realistically didn't have a chance to win.
OP is right...  Ellis is a classic bad team-high scorer.  Little guys who shoot that much are always losers.

Iverson is the best 6'0 volume shooter you'll ever see and the Sixers realistically didn't have a chance to win.
OP is right...  Ellis is a classic bad team-high scorer.  Little guys who shoot that much are always losers.

I was obviously half-kidding about that Laker fan comment.
laugh.gif

I agree that Ellis can't be the best player on any team if that team wants to be successful. In a structured team where he can get good shots, I think he would be a very good piece. The Warriors, even though they still aren't quite there yet, show more promise this year than the previous two because they actually have a rotation and they actually play players over 6'10" (and not to shoot three-pointers). I think they're a very young team, and they still need a few tweaks, more depth, and maybe a few more true impact players, and also experience and time to gel together. You couldn't have said that the past two years when the team was a complete mess. I guess all I'm saying is, there's reason for optimism if you're a Warriors fan, especially with Nellie leaving, having a new owner, and a GM that did a decent job re-shaping the roster IMO.

I think he is a decent player but he plays in such an uptempo offense that takes a good amount of shots and has more possessions per game than any other team than the Knicks. Of course he stats will be somewhat inflated. To an extent, the same reason why David Lee's scoring average was higher than normal. The Knicks would take so many shots and Lee is such a good rebounder that he clean up a good amount of missed shots for easy buckets. I don't see how that's so hard to understand, he highly benefits from the offensive style they play.

I don't see how folks are laughing off Kevin Martin either. He's averaging about 2.5 points less per game than Ellis playing about 9 minutes less and 4.5 shots less. He is more efficient.

I think he is a decent player but he plays in such an uptempo offense that takes a good amount of shots and has more possessions per game than any other team than the Knicks. Of course he stats will be somewhat inflated. To an extent, the same reason why David Lee's scoring average was higher than normal. The Knicks would take so many shots and Lee is such a good rebounder that he clean up a good amount of missed shots for easy buckets. I don't see how that's so hard to understand, he highly benefits from the offensive style they play.

I don't see how folks are laughing off Kevin Martin either. He's averaging about 2.5 points less per game than Ellis playing about 9 minutes less and 4.5 shots less. He is more efficient.

I was obviously half-kidding about that Laker fan comment.
laugh.gif

I agree that Ellis can't be the best player on any team if that team wants to be successful. In a structured team where he can get good shots, I think he would be a very good piece. The Warriors, even though they still aren't quite there yet, show more promise this year than the previous two because they actually have a rotation and they actually play players over 6'10" (and not to shoot three-pointers). I think they're a very young team, and they still need a few tweaks, more depth, and maybe a few more true impact players, and also experience and time to gel together. You couldn't have said that the past two years when the team was a complete mess. I guess all I'm saying is, there's reason for optimism if you're a Warriors fan, especially with Nellie leaving, having a new owner, and a GM that did a decent job re-shaping the roster IMO.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Of course...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Of course...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I like Monta, always have.  Every time I see him play it seems like his shot is smooth and true.  Him and Curry are def fun to watch and could be a good duo with the right bigs. 

Just throwin it out there, but with Lee solid at the 4, taking a flier on Oden is not a bad look.  He needs the change of scenery, and I know it's a risk, but if you can sign him to a low dollar, low risk deal, they should look into it at least. 

Put it this way, a healthy Oden "type" would work perfect for Lee, Curry and Monta.  Get a solid 3 in there, a Deng type, and I would think that team would be tough to beat.  Some inside, outside, rebounding, shot block, post play, mid range, pick and roll, 3 point shooting, rebounding, they would be legit in a perfect world.  Defense is all they would need to improve.  *shrugs* 

I like Monta, always have.  Every time I see him play it seems like his shot is smooth and true.  Him and Curry are def fun to watch and could be a good duo with the right bigs. 

Just throwin it out there, but with Lee solid at the 4, taking a flier on Oden is not a bad look.  He needs the change of scenery, and I know it's a risk, but if you can sign him to a low dollar, low risk deal, they should look into it at least. 

Put it this way, a healthy Oden "type" would work perfect for Lee, Curry and Monta.  Get a solid 3 in there, a Deng type, and I would think that team would be tough to beat.  Some inside, outside, rebounding, shot block, post play, mid range, pick and roll, 3 point shooting, rebounding, they would be legit in a perfect world.  Defense is all they would need to improve.  *shrugs* 

Originally Posted by MzD650

Of course...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Aw. Someone doesn't like my posts #kanyeshrugJust love it when fans complain about free throw shots and foul calls. Never gets old.

Originally Posted by MzD650

Of course...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Aw. Someone doesn't like my posts #kanyeshrugJust love it when fans complain about free throw shots and foul calls. Never gets old.

How did this become the Warriors season thread? Lol.

Is a healthy Greg Oden-type that much better than a healthy Andris to change the course of the Warriors' future?

To be honest, what is a healthy Greg Oden? Tyson Chandler a better example?

How did this become the Warriors season thread? Lol.

Is a healthy Greg Oden-type that much better than a healthy Andris to change the course of the Warriors' future?

To be honest, what is a healthy Greg Oden? Tyson Chandler a better example?

Back
Top Bottom