How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Just to reiterate- I'd take Oden today, hurt, over Biedrins.

laugh.gif

i feel the same tho

Although Udoh looks nice
nerd.gif

I guess you gotta find someone to blame. Not saying Andris is playing up to his contract, but he can't be worse than last year.

Udoh in his limted PT reminds me of Ronny Turiaf right now. But probably got a lot higher ceiling as he develops. Could have drafted Greg Monroe tho.

I guess you gotta find someone to blame. Not saying Andris is playing up to his contract, but he can't be worse than last year.

Udoh in his limted PT reminds me of Ronny Turiaf right now. But probably got a lot higher ceiling as he develops. Could have drafted Greg Monroe tho.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

His offensive post game looks way more advanced than Turiaf's in the limited amount of time he's gotten. Andris has gotten worse every year, even he knows he hasn't been playing well.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

His offensive post game looks way more advanced than Turiaf's in the limited amount of time he's gotten. Andris has gotten worse every year, even he knows he hasn't been playing well.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

CarolCitysFinest wrote:

just a jr smith that gets minutes.
this

Please! Earl would kill to have his mid-range game, to be able to put it on the floor like Monta, and to be able to finish like him.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

CarolCitysFinest wrote:

just a jr smith that gets minutes.
this

Please! Earl would kill to have his mid-range game, to be able to put it on the floor like Monta, and to be able to finish like him.

Jr Smith? Really? It kills me, the outlandish stuff people say on here. I know I already commented on it, but jesus. Do you guys even watch basketball before you pull this %%+! out of your @%+?

Jr Smith? Really? It kills me, the outlandish stuff people say on here. I know I already commented on it, but jesus. Do you guys even watch basketball before you pull this %%+! out of your @%+?

People stating that his numbers are inflated due to the system the Warriors run MAY be right, but if you have actually watched more than the ESPN highlights and seen a few games (which clearly most of you havent), you would know Monte Ellis is one of the best players in the league. Dudes offensive skills are insane.

People stating that his numbers are inflated due to the system the Warriors run MAY be right, but if you have actually watched more than the ESPN highlights and seen a few games (which clearly most of you havent), you would know Monte Ellis is one of the best players in the league. Dudes offensive skills are insane.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

this

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

this

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Yeah, and you're still watching it.

Don't complain about the product when you're busy watching the games, buying jerseys and putting team logos for your avatar. You think the refs are shady? What are you still doing watching the NBA then?

If someone has a complaint about the NBA, they shouldn't watch or support it at all? What kind of backwards logic is that?Without constructive criticism we wouldn't have a shot clock, three point line, 3 second violations, etc.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Yeah, and you're still watching it.

Don't complain about the product when you're busy watching the games, buying jerseys and putting team logos for your avatar. You think the refs are shady? What are you still doing watching the NBA then?

If someone has a complaint about the NBA, they shouldn't watch or support it at all? What kind of backwards logic is that?Without constructive criticism we wouldn't have a shot clock, three point line, 3 second violations, etc.

Originally Posted by MzD650

One of the best scorers in the game. Should be an all star this year but probably will get snubbed. Anyone who tries to downplay his talents clearly doesnt watch enough of him. He finishes at the rim better than anyone in the league (yes I said that Rose fanboys), he is lightening fast, he has a great midrange, a very improved 3 point shooter and is starting to see the court better with his creating for others. His defense is poor, but lets be honest, so is 80% of the leagues.

Monta is a really good player. You can downplay try to downplay his stats because of the system he plays in, but system or not, you dont average more points per game than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki if you arent a top player.  I wish he was on a better team.

My sentiments exactly...

+

Dude who said a J.R. Smith that gets minutes...

Monta isn't as good a shooter as J.R. but hell of alot smarter.

Originally Posted by MzD650

One of the best scorers in the game. Should be an all star this year but probably will get snubbed. Anyone who tries to downplay his talents clearly doesnt watch enough of him. He finishes at the rim better than anyone in the league (yes I said that Rose fanboys), he is lightening fast, he has a great midrange, a very improved 3 point shooter and is starting to see the court better with his creating for others. His defense is poor, but lets be honest, so is 80% of the leagues.

Monta is a really good player. You can downplay try to downplay his stats because of the system he plays in, but system or not, you dont average more points per game than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki if you arent a top player.  I wish he was on a better team.

My sentiments exactly...

+

Dude who said a J.R. Smith that gets minutes...

Monta isn't as good a shooter as J.R. but hell of alot smarter.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I like Monta, always have.  Every time I see him play it seems like his shot is smooth and true.  Him and Curry are def fun to watch and could be a good duo with the right bigs. 

Just throwin it out there, but with Lee solid at the 4, taking a flier on Oden is not a bad look.  He needs the change of scenery, and I know it's a risk, but if you can sign him to a low dollar, low risk deal, they should look into it at least. 

Put it this way, a healthy Oden "type" would work perfect for Lee, Curry and Monta.  Get a solid 3 in there, a Deng type, and I would think that team would be tough to beat.  Some inside, outside, rebounding, shot block, post play, mid range, pick and roll, 3 point shooting, rebounding, they would be legit in a perfect world.  Defense is all they would need to improve.  *shrugs* 
Dream scenario to get Oden and Deng. I wish.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I like Monta, always have.  Every time I see him play it seems like his shot is smooth and true.  Him and Curry are def fun to watch and could be a good duo with the right bigs. 

Just throwin it out there, but with Lee solid at the 4, taking a flier on Oden is not a bad look.  He needs the change of scenery, and I know it's a risk, but if you can sign him to a low dollar, low risk deal, they should look into it at least. 

Put it this way, a healthy Oden "type" would work perfect for Lee, Curry and Monta.  Get a solid 3 in there, a Deng type, and I would think that team would be tough to beat.  Some inside, outside, rebounding, shot block, post play, mid range, pick and roll, 3 point shooting, rebounding, they would be legit in a perfect world.  Defense is all they would need to improve.  *shrugs* 
Dream scenario to get Oden and Deng. I wish.

Back
Top Bottom