How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

That gripe you're referring to, KINDA affects the outcome of games. Especially when the Warriors play teams that have the so-called "ref favorite" players that you have in mind.

Oh right, I know. Maybe the refs should give Monta a trip to the line every time down on the floor. Then you'll shut up. And then tell other fans that complain that "he's drawing contact like all good players do!"
laugh.gif
What the hell are you talking about fool?

Originally Posted by amel223

What are you looking for, style points? Isn't the goal to put the ball into the basket? Who cares how you do it?

Martin isn't Steve Kerr shooting wide-open shots from three for a high %. He's among the best shot-creators in the league and has been incredibly efficient doing it. His defense also sucks like Ellis's does, but as a scorer he's been among the league's best this season.
The way I see it, Martin is like the shooting guard version of Boozer.  He can score a good amount of points on limited amount of shots.  He can get to the line, and shoots a good percentage from the field. 

They're consistent scorers, but not dangerous.  I don't see either of them as takeover players with their scoring.

And if a team changes their game to zero in on them then their effectiveness goes down. 

But then there are other players like Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Melo - those guys can just keep going no matter what the defense throws at them.  I'm not saying they can do it every night but they can. 

How does not being a "takeover player" mean Martin is not a good overall scorer tho? I mean he don't got a post game, but no one saying he's a franchise player here. Martin's job is to score and he does a great job at it.  

And Boozer don't even have a good FT%. At least use someone that can take advantage of getting foul calls.

Monta is still probably a better overall all-around player out of the two.    

Originally Posted by amel223

What are you looking for, style points? Isn't the goal to put the ball into the basket? Who cares how you do it?

Martin isn't Steve Kerr shooting wide-open shots from three for a high %. He's among the best shot-creators in the league and has been incredibly efficient doing it. His defense also sucks like Ellis's does, but as a scorer he's been among the league's best this season.
The way I see it, Martin is like the shooting guard version of Boozer.  He can score a good amount of points on limited amount of shots.  He can get to the line, and shoots a good percentage from the field. 

They're consistent scorers, but not dangerous.  I don't see either of them as takeover players with their scoring.

And if a team changes their game to zero in on them then their effectiveness goes down. 

But then there are other players like Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Melo - those guys can just keep going no matter what the defense throws at them.  I'm not saying they can do it every night but they can. 

How does not being a "takeover player" mean Martin is not a good overall scorer tho? I mean he don't got a post game, but no one saying he's a franchise player here. Martin's job is to score and he does a great job at it.  

And Boozer don't even have a good FT%. At least use someone that can take advantage of getting foul calls.

"What the hell are you talking about fool?"

The same thing you were just complaining about. The refs supposedly not calling games fairly where Monta is concerned and awarding free throws (aka points, aka the things you need to win a game) while showing favoritism to other players and teams.

I would kinda have an issue with that (if it were true) seeing how it deals with the integrity of the sport, but maybe you're cool with it since you can watch the Warirors put up a bunch of points a game. You and some other posters complained about it though.

The same thing you were just complaining about. The refs supposedly not calling games fairly where Monta is concerned and awarding free throws (aka points, aka the things you need to win a game) while showing favoritism to other players and teams.

I would kinda have an issue with that (if it were true) seeing how it deals with the integrity of the sport, but maybe you're cool with it since you can watch the Warirors put up a bunch of points a game. You and some other posters complained about it though.

Nice, I just wanted you to acknowledge that stupid +!$$ you said earlier about how I should just not watch the NBA.

Nice, I just wanted you to acknowledge that stupid +!$$ you said earlier about how I should just not watch the NBA.

incredible scorer but yes hes a chucker. dude kills me on my fantasy team with TOs
30t6p3b.gif
. i think he'd get more attention if he was paired up with another scorer ala westbrook with durant. although i do think the warriors could be a better team building around curry instead of him.

incredible scorer but yes hes a chucker. dude kills me on my fantasy team with TOs
30t6p3b.gif
. i think he'd get more attention if he was paired up with another scorer ala westbrook with durant. although i do think the warriors could be a better team building around curry instead of him.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Yea you're right but the point remains that there are consistent scorers and then there are takeover scorers.  Not saying takeover scorers aren't consistent but there are clearly defined boundaries when categorizing particular scorers of today. 

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Yea you're right but the point remains that there are consistent scorers and then there are takeover scorers.  Not saying takeover scorers aren't consistent but there are clearly defined boundaries when categorizing particular scorers of today. 

"Nice, I just wanted you to acknowledge that stupid +!$$ you said earlier about how I should just not watch the NBA."

Your choice, your TV, your "corrupt league that is showing no love to poor widdle Monta".
laugh.gif

Don't then just $%*!% about it when you're implicity supporting the same league with your viewership.

"Nice, I just wanted you to acknowledge that stupid +!$$ you said earlier about how I should just not watch the NBA."

Your choice, your TV, your "corrupt league that is showing no love to poor widdle Monta".
laugh.gif

Don't then just $%*!% about it when you're implicity supporting the same league with your viewership.

Love his game. When I see somebody score on a nightly basis he's up there with the best in the L. Definitely could improve his game passing wise and I'd like to see him on a better team putting in work with another star.

Love his game. When I see somebody score on a nightly basis he's up there with the best in the L. Definitely could improve his game passing wise and I'd like to see him on a better team putting in work with another star.

Back
Top Bottom