How good is Monta Ellis really?

Monta is a beast....and I'm a Kings fan. Dude needs to leave the Dubs and get more shine...

Monta is a beast....and I'm a Kings fan. Dude needs to leave the Dubs and get more shine...

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

So he's #6 according to PER and #2 according to the NBA (just read the wiki on PER and it does sound like a better formula).

My original point remains, he's a very efficient scorer. Can we all agree on that?

Definitely, I wasn't arguing that at last.  Being the #6 SG isn't anything to hang your head about.  I like watching Monta play, he's an exciting player on the court.  My point was that as an overall player, he wouldn't be that high up IMO.  Also, that GS takes a good amount of shots with the style they run and they're a very good offensive rebounding team which gives them extra shots and more points and that factors in to his high point total.  Not saying it's a bad thing either.

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

So he's #6 according to PER and #2 according to the NBA (just read the wiki on PER and it does sound like a better formula).

My original point remains, he's a very efficient scorer. Can we all agree on that?

Definitely, I wasn't arguing that at last.  Being the #6 SG isn't anything to hang your head about.  I like watching Monta play, he's an exciting player on the court.  My point was that as an overall player, he wouldn't be that high up IMO.  Also, that GS takes a good amount of shots with the style they run and they're a very good offensive rebounding team which gives them extra shots and more points and that factors in to his high point total.  Not saying it's a bad thing either.

Monta's a chucker shooting 47.1% as of today and there were people agreeing that he's a J.R. Smith with minutes? C'mon people.
laugh.gif

Monta's a chucker shooting 47.1% as of today and there were people agreeing that he's a J.R. Smith with minutes? C'mon people.
laugh.gif

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but top 5 SG in the league as of today.

It's clear that most of you haven't ever watched a single GS game, and if you did, you're just judging on his old days.

TBH, i wasn't really a fan of his game in the past, until maybe last year. He's matured a lot, and despite being undersized, he's a really good defender.

The only real flaw he has, is trying to become a point guard, which he use to do way too often.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but top 5 SG in the league as of today.

It's clear that most of you haven't ever watched a single GS game, and if you did, you're just judging on his old days.

TBH, i wasn't really a fan of his game in the past, until maybe last year. He's matured a lot, and despite being undersized, he's a really good defender.

The only real flaw he has, is trying to become a point guard, which he use to do way too often.

Originally Posted by BangDak

3431.jpg

Originally Posted by BangDak

3431.jpg

I know I am late to the party but here are my thoughts on Monta.

One of the most exciting players in the NBA. Combined with the GSW home fans, watching a Monta show @ Oracle is always a treat.

Great scorer. Super quick, nobody can stay in front of him. Since he is such a great scorer, people feel that his defensive skills are lacking. He does a good job of staying in from of his man when he tries, but of course he has to carry the scoring load so he doesn't try all the time (as most big time scorers).

I LOVE watching him play. Love. Has really become more of an efficient scorer this season compared to other seasons.

I do question what his ultimate goal in this league is. I don't know him but I wonder how much longer he can be the #1 scorer on a bad team year in year out. I wonder if he will bolt sooner or later.

But with him and Baron, I loved those days.

Back
Top Bottom