How good is Monta Ellis really?

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

People stating that his numbers are inflated due to the system the Warriors run MAY be right, but if you have actually watched more than the ESPN highlights and seen a few games (which clearly most of you havent), you would know Monte Ellis is one of the best players in the league. Dudes offensive skills are insane.
this

Except for those efficient team offenses like Miami, Utah, OKC or Denver (maybe even SA) most teams that score upwards of 100-103 points per game usually jack up about 81-88 shots per game.  GSW as a team are only about 45% from the field but they are a very good offensive rebounding team which leads to more shots which leads to more points.  Monta Ellis is one of the better scorers in the league but as an overall player, I don't know if he makes it in the top 30 TBH.

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

People stating that his numbers are inflated due to the system the Warriors run MAY be right, but if you have actually watched more than the ESPN highlights and seen a few games (which clearly most of you havent), you would know Monte Ellis is one of the best players in the league. Dudes offensive skills are insane.
this

Except for those efficient team offenses like Miami, Utah, OKC or Denver (maybe even SA) most teams that score upwards of 100-103 points per game usually jack up about 81-88 shots per game.  GSW as a team are only about 45% from the field but they are a very good offensive rebounding team which leads to more shots which leads to more points.  Monta Ellis is one of the better scorers in the league but as an overall player, I don't know if he makes it in the top 30 TBH.

I think his career will mirror Allen Iverson, minus the finals appearances, mvp and multi all-star. Just a scorer.

edit: I have yet to see the man make a game winning shot either. He has had his chances at them.

I think his career will mirror Allen Iverson, minus the finals appearances, mvp and multi all-star. Just a scorer.

edit: I have yet to see the man make a game winning shot either. He has had his chances at them.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

Our Bench is absolutely terrible.
You did trade your depth away for David Lee.
Not really. Azubuike hasn't played all year for Knicks. It was basically David Lee for Turiaf and A. Randolph (who isn't playing very many minutes in NY)
Yet if the trade didn't happen and if all those players traded were healthy, they would probably be starting or at least getting a lot of PT right now on the Warriors. You guys still lost some depth at the end of the day due to the Lee trade and his contract. Not trying to blame Lee tho. Prior ownership did make some mistakes.$66 million payroll is actually bigger than the Knicks, but still about in the middle in the league. But good thing they can address the bench problem with some contract expirings of overpaid role players this summer.     

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Good team on paper?
laugh.gif

Our Bench is absolutely terrible.
You did trade your depth away for David Lee.
Not really. Azubuike hasn't played all year for Knicks. It was basically David Lee for Turiaf and A. Randolph (who isn't playing very many minutes in NY)
Yet if the trade didn't happen and if all those players traded were healthy, they would probably be starting or at least getting a lot of PT right now on the Warriors. You guys still lost some depth at the end of the day due to the Lee trade and his contract. Not trying to blame Lee tho. Prior ownership did make some mistakes.$66 million payroll is actually bigger than the Knicks, but still about in the middle in the league. But good thing they can address the bench problem with some contract expirings of overpaid role players this summer.     

pimp.gif
 Knew it'll be that clip too.

I might be bias but Monta is really underrated, imo.  He's not just a chucker. He's a VERY effecient scorer.  It's not like he's shooting 40% and scoring 25 ppg.  Also, defensively, i believe his size hinders him from being a great defender but he's not as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be.  He's not Steph Curry bad.  The thing i love most about him is he's like a Jr Allen Iverson.  Plays hard EVERY single night no matter what.  Even when we are down in the 4th and the game is out of reach, he goes balls out.  Mona's that dude and
indifferent.gif
 at the JR Smith comparison.  Monta's bball iq is definitely waaaaay higher than JR Smith.

The reason the Warriors are losing is NOT because of Monta.  Someone needs to tell our "# 2" option to stay on the court longer than 20 minutes so that Monta can get some damn help.  It would also be nice if we had some inside prescence. 

pimp.gif
 Knew it'll be that clip too.

I might be bias but Monta is really underrated, imo.  He's not just a chucker. He's a VERY effecient scorer.  It's not like he's shooting 40% and scoring 25 ppg.  Also, defensively, i believe his size hinders him from being a great defender but he's not as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be.  He's not Steph Curry bad.  The thing i love most about him is he's like a Jr Allen Iverson.  Plays hard EVERY single night no matter what.  Even when we are down in the 4th and the game is out of reach, he goes balls out.  Mona's that dude and
indifferent.gif
 at the JR Smith comparison.  Monta's bball iq is definitely waaaaay higher than JR Smith.

The reason the Warriors are losing is NOT because of Monta.  Someone needs to tell our "# 2" option to stay on the court longer than 20 minutes so that Monta can get some damn help.  It would also be nice if we had some inside prescence. 

Warriors w/ B Diddy was one of the best, most exciting thing i have ever witnessed in the NBA. I have never seen a whole country let alone one city believe in one team.

Sad it all got split up. Every once in a while i go back and watch those 2 series in full.

Warriors w/ B Diddy was one of the best, most exciting thing i have ever witnessed in the NBA. I have never seen a whole country let alone one city believe in one team.

Sad it all got split up. Every once in a while i go back and watch those 2 series in full.

Originally Posted by Jay02

where do you watch it at?

Originally Posted by Jay02

where do you watch it at?

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqUijrvyqQ1:04

The thing with the Warriors is games don't really go down to the wire that often. You'll see lots of close games in the 4th quarter and then we'll either catch fire and run away with it or completely fold. I can only think of one or two games this year that we've one or loss by 2 points or less.

So yea maybe Monta doesn't make a lot of game winning buzzer beater shots but he stays making HUGE shots and he stays going stupid in the 4th quarter. He's single handedly carried the team to a W sooooo many times in the 4th.

And I agree with OneTrust, Monta is no chucker. Chuckers don't score 46 points on 18-24 shooting, 44 on 15-20, etc etc.

!*+% it, chuckers aren't top 2 at their position in efficiency. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqUijrvyqQ1:04

The thing with the Warriors is games don't really go down to the wire that often. You'll see lots of close games in the 4th quarter and then we'll either catch fire and run away with it or completely fold. I can only think of one or two games this year that we've one or loss by 2 points or less.

So yea maybe Monta doesn't make a lot of game winning buzzer beater shots but he stays making HUGE shots and he stays going stupid in the 4th quarter. He's single handedly carried the team to a W sooooo many times in the 4th.

And I agree with OneTrust, Monta is no chucker. Chuckers don't score 46 points on 18-24 shooting, 44 on 15-20, etc etc.

!*+% it, chuckers aren't top 2 at their position in efficiency. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom