How attached to your mobile device(s) are you?

I've had the last few days off of work and my phone's been used worse than back alley Sally on a Friday night after the big game. From the time I wake up, it's the first thing I reach for. I've gone through probably two cycles each day this week (100% to 1%). Sad thing is, I don't have any social networks outside of Vine. It's emails, phone calls, texts, groupme, NT mobile, Vine, Infinity blade, and Deer hunter 2014 all day. Even when I'm watching TV, I'm not really watching TV because my phone's in my hand taking up a majority of my attention.

What about you guys?

About 60-70% of 1 cycle per day Samsung Galaxy S4 ftw. Anyways, 80% of my use is messaging whether it be in texting, or whatsapp. Other than that phone calls and a little instagram.

Phone is in my hand 70% of the day.

first thing I reach for when I wake up. :smh:

Went on a week cruise the other week and couldn't use my phone, torture.

Its a shame.

I feel like a slave to my iPhone.  

If I didn't need it for work I would drop it ASAP.

Went from htc 4g phone to a prepaid $5 phone to save money. I enjoyed the luxury, but I feel liberated in a way without it.

Last edited:
Ehh, some people would say that I am, but I don't think I am.

image001ol6.jpg

I wear a
Pebble Smart Watch
Fitbit Flex
Plantronics Back Beat Gos 2

If Google Glasses Dropped tomorrow I would be a day one adopter

When I'm not doing anything I would be on my phone and browse

I have a BIG problem and I know it.

I'm pretty attached but I try to check myself every now and then. I turned mine off and don't plan on turning it back on till Sunday maybe Monday. I'm sick of the people around me

First thing I look for when I wake up

Almost died when I left my phone at home when I left for work....went 12 hours without it :frown:

If I have a computer my phone is only occasionally glanced at for notifications. If I'm not on a laptop? 80% of my day is burnt away browsing the web and reading manga on my phone :smh:

went 8 months without a phone and that made me realize how liberating it was.

but prior to that i wasn't even attached nor am i now.

just a few rounds a day on IG and i'm good, plus i'm kinda old school and prefer to see people face to face rather than talk/text.

I'm on it a lot when I'm bored, and I'm bored a lot. I don't have to have it, but since it's there, why not use it. Unlimited data ftw. I know I'm using it too much when I flip back and forth from nt to ig to fb and there's little to no movement on either.

20%--moreso because it's broken and barely holds a charge.

I think the only challenge is not being "connected" 24/7.

i'm trying to avoid it in public places besides the quick check for any messages and emails....trying to be social

but i check twitter/instagram every once in a while

Funny that this thread pops up now, because I lost my phone about a week ago and haven't been bothered enough to go and buy a new one, :lol:.

Not attached at all.  If my phone battery dies I'm in no hurry to charge it.  I barely carry my charger as it is.

I have my phone sort of near me most of the day, but it's left on either vibrate or silent. It makes me unreliable when it comes to answering text messages and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom