HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

I can honestly say that they just flat out play harder. By a huge margin.

Every game has been close, but that's been the difference. We get a double digit lead, but don't step on their neck. Instead of increasing the lead and putting it out of reach, we start playing careless, start throwing passes out of bounds, and stop playing what little defense we were playing.

That's all coaching. Mchale has a lot of internal support from the players? That's because he's not holding players accountable and making them do what they're supposed to do. I never said anything during the season even when everyone else was calling for a new coach, because I stupidly thought the team would tighten up when it mattered, but that's not how it's played out so far.

Series is still winnable, but it's all about how the players respond at this point.

We gotta play like there aren't refs. Little **** like complaining after a no call kills us all game.

You right puglife, they flat out exert more effort. Even their role players give us work.

If we don't bring the fight to em next game I foresee a bad next season

I cannot think of any other player that gives less effort than harden on d.. amazing offensive player but that's not gonna win playoff series giving up easy buckets all game long

we lose leads because we just go into isolations when the game gets close, which is highly inefficient. dribbling around until 10 seconds before we do anything is stupid.

^Right. I just don't get how when you're doing something that works, you don't keep doing it. Just like in football when a team is putting points up by passing and they're not stopping you, then you go away from that and teams catch up. The Blazers didn't really e en make adjustments, the Rockets just went away from what they were doing.

It's hilarious that regardless of coach and lineup our gameplan has changed so little in 10 years. Van gundy, McHale, Adelman, doesn't matter.

remember last game when we killed them with harden dwight PnR's on the wing? post up harden at 15, and run the PnR from there? yeah we didn't do that at all this game.

It's hilarious that regardless of coach and lineup our gameplan has changed so little in 10 years. Van gundy, McHale, Adelman, doesn't matter.

ehh disagree. under van gundy we were a top defense. under adelman we had a very structured offense. under mchale we just run and gun and that's about it.

Yea whether it's this Harden/Howard roster or the Scola/Martin roster, McHale just rolls the ball out and says "go play". I fully remember JVG and Adelman running actual plays.

That was a foul on Portland on the last play. They basically tackled Patrick :smh:
The "save" by Mo Williams near the end, his foot was out of bounds and the refs completely blew it :smh:
Phantom fouls left and right, technical fouls for doing literally nothing :smh:
Lin and his boneheaded plays:smh:
Harden's _efense :smh:

Just too many things working against the Rockets. I'm surprised they lead all game to be honest. But typical of them to lead all game and blow it at the end.

i don't think that was a foul on the last play. he got nothing but ball at first and then there was some slight body contact afterwards, but i think it was when matthews already had possession of the ball.

i do think mo williams stepped out of bounds, but they never showed a replay so i can't really say for sure. regardless, Lin should have held the ******* ball. not sure if anyone on the team told him someone was coming from the back or not, but i would imagine that SOMEONE did and Lin just turned it over anyway. :smh:

that tech on dwight was so stupid, but then again, he's been unfairly officiated for most of the season. never really watched him a full season before so i don't know if it's always been that way, but all season he's had people flopping and hacking him and hasn't gotten the benefit of the whistle.

i can easily see the team coming out anxious, going down big early, and never recovering. hope it doesn't play out like that. have to win 3 in a row, but all 4 games so far could have easily gone either way. just gotta see if we can get the calls and bounces to come a little more our way one game at a time.

saw the whole game. I just wanted it to be over... Then Lin and his stupidity strikes again :smh:

Dwight is the one dude who I thought would be a liability. He has been consistent and saved the Rockets *** on back to back possessions last night with blocks AND clutch free throws... dudes still couldnt close out :smh: :stoneface:

Last edited:
ehh disagree. under van gundy we were a top defense. under adelman we had a very structured offense. under mchale we just run and gun and that's about it.

Yeah my bad I meant just lineups. Adelman was the best of the bunch. JVG dried out our offense and McHale is taking the Scott brooks approach.

Harden has taken 103 shots in four games and only made 35. Son is shooting 33% and still taking that high amount of shots smh. Pound the ball to dwight from the jump and the rockets would be up 3-1

remember last game when we killed them with harden dwight PnR's on the wing? post up harden at 15, and run the PnR from there? yeah we didn't do that at all this game.

EXACTLY. THIS ******* **** RIGHT HERE. Tough to watch these guys. It's like they don't value possessions in the playoffs

Last edited:
game 3: 48 seconds left. up by 3. instead of killing the clock, he rushes up court to take a contested layup. next possession down, batum hits a 3.

game 4: 24 seconds left, up 2. instead of killing the clock, he rushes up court to get ripped by mo williams, who ends up hitting a 3 on the same possession.

jeremy lin, folks.

:smh: :smh: Brooks, Livingston, Dragic, or Lowry would've paid dividends in this series

LL

None of those losers should have that many points in a professional NBA game, and Lin should be having more than 4 ******* points.

Last edited:
The Rockets have been hugely disappointing. The frickin Trailblazers are just outplaying them right now, with help from the Refs. I still think the Rockets can come back in the series, at the very least not get closed out on their home floor. That would be too much. We get past the Blazers and we match up quite well with the Spurs. This is so frustrating after a 54 win season. Serious changes need to happen whether they win or lose.

The thing is, the changes that need to be made have been obvious from the get-go. You need an upgrade and PG & PF, and a new coach. Bev brings championship defense, but you can't expect to get every night offense from him, especially if the PG relieving him isn't putting up offensive numbers as well. As far as TJones, it would be great if he played like that 20+ a night monster he's capable of, but sometimes, the opponents PF that he's facing is just a bad matchup.

I hated seeing that article saying that McHale doesn't need to catch flack because this is his first year with this assembled roster, and that his 4th year option should definitely be picked up. Who cares if this is his first year with this roster?? That doesn't matter when you're using the same coaching style as you were in Minnesota, coaching much less talented guys. i love him as a personality and commentator, but he needs to go, regardless of how this series goes.

you know whats hilarious? in my previous posts all these dillusion rockets fan were calling me stupid and stone facing me. My points have all been valid. I mentioned the rookies on the Vipers who most defiantly have next. I mentioned Chris Finch, basically the Rockets next head coach as well as the point guard situation (livingston, dragic,lowery, brooks) and proved Harden has been buns in the past 2 (now 3) playoff series. 39% fg, 27 turnovers in 6 games last year against Thabo and D-Fish, shrinking in the 2012 finals and now his 35% fg this series and his HORRENDOUS defense.

The excuses are he's 24, yeah well if he doesn't play D now what makes you think he will start? I mentioned this fool won't lead the rockets to the finals and the dudes talkin about 1 player can't lead a team to the Finals!  Bron, Dirk, Kobe they led their team. Sure you have the '04 pistons, the Spurs (parker is the leader now btw) but a leader does intangibles and understands effort in the playoffs can win games and series. Harden will never be a superstar and everyone got butt-hurt when I said trade him. Hey, Westbrook plays D even if he jacks up shots, you got Kevin Love most likely being moved sooner rather than later. There were so many plays last night where Harden didn't even attempt to play Defense, i have no idea how these guys can actually stick up for the dude

Oh, you're back. Nice to know you pop up after losses to point out things everybody is already talking about.

your right, i am, maybe i should just live on this site and rack up over 40,000 posts in 3 yrs while still rooting for 2 defunct teams. yeah, pass.

Ahhhh, the ol post count reference when a point can't be made. That was worse than Harden's defense, and Lin in crunch time.

McHale takes deservedly heat but he makes good points in late game situations where it seem our teams bball iq real low. Feels like we're losing games in the same manner over & over.

And maybe that falls on him whether it be our late game discipline or overall game preparation we are definitely not where we need to be. That being said this series has still been crazy close.

you know whats hilarious? in my previous posts all these dillusion rockets fan were calling me stupid and stone facing me. My points have all been valid. I mentioned the rookies on the Vipers who most defiantly have next. I mentioned Chris Finch, basically the Rockets next head coach as well as the point guard situation (livingston, dragic,lowery, brooks) and proved Harden has been buns in the past 2 (now 3) playoff series. 39% fg, 27 turnovers in 6 games last year against Thabo and D-Fish, shrinking in the 2012 finals and now his 35% fg this series and his HORRENDOUS defense.

The excuses are he's 24, yeah well if he doesn't play D now what makes you think he will start? I mentioned this fool won't lead the rockets to the finals and the dudes talkin about 1 player can't lead a team to the Finals!  Bron, Dirk, Kobe they led their team. Sure you have the '04 pistons, the Spurs (parker is the leader now btw) but a leader does intangibles and understands effort in the playoffs can win games and series. Harden will never be a superstar and everyone got butt-hurt when I said trade him. Hey, Westbrook plays D even if he jacks up shots, you got Kevin Love most likely being moved sooner rather than later. There were so many plays last night where Harden didn't even attempt to play Defense, i have no idea how these guys can actually stick up for the dude

each game has been winnable. we haven't executed as a team. blame harden, lin, mchale, the refs, whoever. fact is, we could very well be up 3-1 instead of down 3-1 under the same exact scenario and wouldn't have to deal with you posting gibberish.

saying ________ will never win a championship is still stupid, because there's a ton of factors outside that players control.

want to talk about dirk winning a ring? it took lebron pulling an absolute casper act, and the mavs as a team being on fire. not to mention rick carlilse is an amazing head coach.

lebron led his team to the championship. after he got help from wade and bosh. chalmers going for 20+ in a finals game and mike miller having probably the best 3 point shooting performance in a finals game ever. his second championship, it took kawhi missing crucial free throws and ray allen making one of the most memorable clutch 3s in recent history.

fact is, there are way too many factors involved. harden can play like ****, or all world but it's still a team game at the end of the day, so you still sound foolish.

Back
Top Bottom