HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

I think Melo would come here with the understanding of his role drastically changing but if he wants to win, then this is the place. Imagine an Olympic type Melo on the Rockets :x

this is what i try to explain to people. he isolates on the knicks because he has to. how else are they supposed to compete? team usa, he's a deadly shooter. i think harden and melo might butt heads early, but it might wake them up to the flaws in their games. melo could be our floor spacing, shooting 4.

I guess that means Lowry won't be backing up Bev next year huh :lol:?

another thing i can blame mchale for :evil:

If we can somehow land Melo and keep Parsons in the process, a lineup of : 

Bev/Harden/Parsons/Melo/D12 is a contender imo… That midrange game 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Harden/Parsons pick n roll with Howard with Melo spotting up

Harden pick n roll with Melo with Harden rolling and Melo spotting up - Parsons, Bev behind the 3 point line 

Parsons/Melo pick n roll with Harden at the 3 point line, Howard (and Bev 
laugh.gif
) crashing the boards

Only thing problem would be our bench 
laugh.gif

But with Melo in this team, our opponents would have to pick their poison.. Harden rolling, Melo 3, Howard offensive rebound, Parsons 3, etc. Then possibilities are endless….

That defense tho 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

any of those pick and rolls not involving howard, just makes him an alley oop candidate on basically every play, or we're getting a wide open 3.

that's what happens when you have 3 elite players.

Let's win the games we're supposed to win y'all :pimp: Asik will start again as Howard still has his cyst being drained, and he will be back against the Cavs

Manziel surrrrrrrrrrrrre has been hanging out here a lot.....

Good to see this team flip a switch. McHale for once called a time out when he was supposed to, and pretty much everybody contributed. Can't complain with the finish. Harden being Harden, Parsons coming bike, Lin limiting mistakes, and career high D-Mo :pimp: Saturday in Cleveland with no Kyrie, let's get it

LL

Last edited:
it was 31 to 41, McHale called the timeout and the Rockets seriously never looked back. I've never seen him that pissed, but whatever he said worked. 17-0 run out of the timeout.

That run all but slammed the door shut on the Wolves :lol: Harden had to go back in, but not for too long

Last edited:
^pretty much.. Dmo's offensive game is so on point 
pimp.gif
 He's so smooth down low 
pimp.gif

We're going to need more consistency from Jordan Hamilton tho 
laugh.gif

Also, I wouldn't mind having Lowry back 
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Oh, and thanks for posting those articles Peep, very good read.. 

Last edited:
once upon a time they said wade and bron won't work, they do the same thing and both need the ball. players adapt.

I like the team we have. I even like Lin when he's not playing scared and Asik (just not at their current prices). Ideally, I'd like to win with this squad, but ultimately idgaf who comes or goes if it leads to a championship.

Pretty much. I feel like bench soaring up would do wonders, or just adding a cheap Melo :smile:rolleyes) like I mentioned already. I just don't what the Rockets to make moves that make them regress instead if going forward.

If Morey can pull it off and get Melo that makes us instant contenders imo barring injuries of course.

People writing it off saying it wont work because theres only one bball are dumb. Like DWS said above Bron and Wade made it work.

Melo has never played with two guys as talented as Harden and Howard in his WHOLE career.. He may have some black hole tendencies with the ball lol but thats because he has to right now. I think hes matured enough to where hes willing to share the rock with two other really good players in Dwert and Harden.

If Melo is really all about winning then Houston is without a doubt the team for him.. Two stars already in place and some nice players in Parsons, Bev, and Jones

Out of Chicago, Houston, and I still think LA is a possibility.. H-Tine is the team for him 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All that said I honestly think he stays in NY because Phil is on board or he signs with the Lakers 
laugh.gif
 Ion kno thats just my gut feeling

Id be surprised if he signed with Houston. Kinda shocked but would definitely be for it dude is a beast

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This season has definitely gone by fast :lol:

As far as tonight, Dwight is still recovering from his cyst being drained, so Asik is starting again. The thing about that is, even though Dwight is still having that drained, he was a game-time decision, so I actually think McHale is doing with Dwight what he was doing with Harden at the beginning of the season, seeing how long he can let his start rest while playing crappy teams :lol:

Back
Top Bottom