HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

parsons was out, but we still shouldn't be losing these games that should be easy wins. seems like it happens every single time though.

In 2013-13, 2013-14, in 101 games, when @JLin7 plays over 25 MPG, Team wins = 59%, Team losses =41%. With Lin Under 25 MPG: W%=50%, L%=50%.

Coincidence????

Sure could've used extended minutes for D-Mo and Brewer. You signed Brewer as a defensive vet. With Parsons out, that's plan opportune time to use him

This team just pisses me off sometimes. The turnovers, combined with the short rotations, making random guys look like stars. Bad back to back loss. And both if these losses were damn near identical. And who the **** is PJ Tucker?

:rofl:. PJ Tucker's career high is 21 pts, which he notched when he played us last year. It was that game before we played the Lakers when we were tryna hold on and prevent the Lakers from getting the 7th seed... He scored 18 tonight, which is his season high. Guess who was guarding him? Beard.

HOUSTON — From the moment the Rockets hit the free agent jackpot with Dwight Howard last summer and put him in the lineup with James Harden, there were always going to be questions about how they would put it all together and how long it might take.
Those questions were not supposed to be about how hard they would try.

“[Expletive] effort out there on defense and on offense,” said Howard. “The ball stuck…We didn’t move it and we can’t win that way.”
Bumps in the road over the course of the long regular season are to be expected, but the Rockets have now run head-long into a boulder of indifference as a 97-88 home loss to the Suns Wednesday night came on the heels of a virtual no-show trip to Utah on Monday.
“It had nothing to do with us missing shots,” Howard said. “They just played harder than us…It had nothing to do with the offensive game. They just played hard.

“We know what we [have to] do. It’s gotta be important for guys to come out and play the same way every night.”
The Rockets were shorthanded without Chandler Parsons (sore back), Jeremy Lin (sprained right knee), Omer Asik (right thigh contusion) and Greg Smith (sprained right knee). But neither Howard or coach Kevin McHale, who kept the locker room closed for 20 minutes after the game, would accept that out.

“You still have to play,” McHale said. “I don’t care who’s not there. You just [have to] go play and we didn’t play the right way.
“We didn’t move the ball. We didn’t move our bodies. They got up on us and started denying passes. We didn’t go backdoor. We didn’t drive all the scenes. When we did drive, we took wild shots…We did not play very good and that’s the bottom line.”

The team’s leading scorer Harden shot just 3-for-17, including 0-for-10 from behind the 3-point line and bailed out early from the locker room after speaking only to team employees.

The Rockets were uninspired from the opening tip and never seemed able — or willing — to match the Suns energy or aggression and it was the fact that it was a virtual repeat of nonchalance that carried over from the loss to the Jazz that bothered Howard, who scored 15 points and grabbed 18 rebounds.

“We can’t give away games like this,” Howard said. “It will come back and bite us later on in the season. So we got to learn no matter how many guys we got out there, short-handed and all, we got to play the same way — play hard and play aggressive.
“It’s just [has to] be in you. You can’t coach it. You can’t draw up plays or anything like that. You just gotta have it.”
Howard would not reveal what the obviously distressed McHale told the team.

“We keep that between us,” said the All-Star center. “We know what we got to do. We don’t do it, we’re [going to] continue to lose.
“We got to learn when we’re down. We got to learn how to play when we got big leads. It’s something that we got to learn how to do. We got to get a good shot every time. Coming down and shooting quick shots is not always good, especially when you’re down. That gives a team like Phoenix an opportunity to run. That’s what they want to do. We played right into their hands tonight.”
It is only the second time this season that the Rockets have lost back-to-back games and, at 13-7, they are still the No. 5 seed in the Western Conference. So it was less a blaring alarm bell than a humming undercurrent reminder that a wannabe playoff contender needs more than summertime signings and headlines to turn into the real thing.

“It happens,” Howard said. “I told you guys a couple weeks ago the season is up and down. You go on runs. You have those games where you miss and you lose a couple of games. But the biggest thing is coming back the next game with a better effort and if not, then we got to take an ‘L’ for us to learn.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/12/05/howard-says-rockets-lacking-effort/

In order for us to truly look to contend, its gotta start on the defensive end, mainly Howard and Harden. Howard needs to get in his ear for f*** sakes, and Mchale too for that matter. Harden is just so lazy on defense
mad.gif

Perimeter defense will be key tonight. Having Parsons back should limit at least some of that.

So Asik is going to be gone by Dec. 19th :nerd:

What do you guys think we will get for him? I'm still thinking stretch 4 but i'm getting more and more sold on TJones...

They said they want him traded between the 15th and 19th. It's tough to tell what we would get, cause TJones has mostly been playing like the guy we've been wanting to trade for in the first place.

T Jones playing well just means we don't have to settle for a 4 we might need but not really want. Daryl can get the best value because we have no glaring weakness except perimeter defense and maybe another player who can score and facilitate. Someone to make it easier on everyone to get their shots.

@PugLife You got your Olajuwon long sleeve yet? :nerd:

hey buddy. I finally got it a couple days ago. I think it shipped out Monday and I got it on Wednesday. I'd assume your stuff shipped out on Monday as well then. I didn't get a shipping email or anything though, but they shipped it via FedEx. only email I got was an email saying the order was completed after I received it.

I know I'm responding kinda late so you might have already received your stuff by now too.

@PugLife You got your Olajuwon long sleeve yet?
nerd.gif
hey buddy. I finally got it a couple days ago. I think it shipped out Monday and I got it on Wednesday. I'd assume your stuff shipped out on Monday as well then. I didn't get a shipping email or anything though, but they shipped it via FedEx. only email I got was an email saying the order was completed after I received it.

I know I'm responding kinda late so you might have already received your stuff by now too.
yea man i got mine yesterday 
pimp.gif

better defensive effort from Harden last night 
glasses.gif

He needs to incorporate more midrange shots, not just threes and drives to the lane

Tjones 
pimp.gif

I actually thought that Lin action figure was for the other night.

Got the Magic tonight. They may be 6-13, but they have the talent to give us a fit if we have one of those lackadaisical spells. Let's get this win and start a new streak

Back
Top Bottom