HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

If they're seriously considering trading Asik for a pg, our FO must have a LOT of confidence in Tjones/Dmo to develop

What about Bass/Humphries too? I don't know contract numbers just they are pieces that Boston would move.
I just played with the trade machine. Lin-Asik for Rondo-Bass works. But who knows if the celtics even like Asik and Lin

Last edited:
I'd prefer to keep Lin because he's a perimeter player who can more or less get his own shot. If we lose him we gave harden and Parsons

Will be dvring the game, but will only watch it if they win. With no real center, the Rockets should feast....unless they're gassed from last night and leave guys wide open. Hopefully a healthy Harden is a go, as he's listed questionable. If he is, it's most def a plus since he's rested, but these rotations better be on point tonight.

[table][tr][td]NEW YORK – — With his starting job gone and his playing time slashed, Rockets center Omer Asik has asked to be traded, two individuals with knowledge of the request said Thursday.

Asik, who started every game after signing with the Rockets last season, came off the bench Wednesday in Philadelphia, but struggled. He played only four minutes and not at all in the second half. Asik has made his trade request within the past 48 hours, a person familiar with the conversations said.

The Rockets have no trade involving Asik in the works, with one individual saying a deal is more likely in months than in days.

Asik declined comment, referring questions to his agent, Andy Miller. Miller also would not comment on any trade request.

““I would say the situation is very frustrating right now and we’re trying to work through it,”” Miller said. ““For Omer, the objective has always been to continue to develop and grow as a player. That’’s why we came to Houston in the first place. If that objective can’’t be met, if we can’’t get the right platform to grow and contribute as a player, it’’s certainly frustrating.””[/td][/tr][/table]
Link

Sad to see Asik couldn't put his ego aside..
tired.gif

But I see his reasoning for wanting to be traded, oh well, I hope he ends up on a good team

Lin really carried the offense at times until James woke up in the 4th. That's why I'm so hesitant to move him in a deal.

Lin has legit gotten better and shouldn't be moved at all. Asik is the only person who needs to be moved sooner than later.

They shouldn't move Asik until they know they can get the best deal for him.

Too bad it's going down this way but they should be in no rush to trade him.

Granted that was only my 2nd time watching the team this year and I don't mind Asik coming off the bench but what has he done to get totally benched?

Yep. McHale pretty much confirmed this in his interview on 790 with Charlie Palilo.

The one thing I like about McHale is he's a straight shooter. He's was very open last year saying Terrance Jones wasn't playing cause he couldn't grasp the teams offensive and defensive concepts.

Probably sound like a broken record, but I'm curious as to what the rotation is tonight. With Smith possibly being out, you have to wonder how Asik fits into this, as he's the only backup. Will D-Mo come off the bench for Howard if McHale sits him again :lol: ? What a dilemma. The Nuggets should be a team we beat, but the Rockets rather make games difficult than easy. Have to start consistently winning right now.

Back
Top Bottom