Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Yea I did some backtracking and all the info on that trade ties back to one person. Seems like the legit news right now is the Rockets interest in Bazemore/Batum
yep, Iko tweeted this recently:

pretty much confirms one of our rumored potential targets as an Ariza replacement

with all things considered, i'd probably take baze over batum even though batum is a better overall player IMO.

yep, Iko tweeted this recently:

pretty much confirms one of our rumored potential targets as an Ariza replacement

with all things considered, i'd probably take baze over batum even though batum is a better overall player IMO.

I'm pretty much coming around to this too. I'm real big on even if you get beat off the dribble or something, that you still have the speed to catch up (or not get blown past in the first place). Ariza is still solid, and for the right amount of money/years he still could have been here, but we've all seen him get walked by and blown past as if he's a fire hydrant for a couple years now, and it was only gonna happen more as the years go by. And though Batum is a better player than Bazemore, I don't think his general speed/quickness is any different from Ariza, and Batum is 4 years younger.

DjpHnxdUcAAjUaS.jpg

I’m not buying the Tyler Johnson thing at all.

Also from that KellyNBA or whatever dude mentioned Ryno, a 1st and a “young asset” for Bazemore. I’m not putting Melton nor Qi in that deal if that’s the case. They can have Markel Brown or Nene or something

I’m not buying the Tyler Johnson thing at all.

Also from that KellyNBA or whatever dude mentioned Ryno, a 1st and a “young asset” for Bazemore. I’m not putting Melton nor Qi in that deal if that’s the case. They can have Markel Brown or Nene or something
yeah i'd pass on giving up melton for sure.

i lowkey would give away Qi lol. i like the guy's skillset, but I guess it depends on what they think of his and hartenstein's potential.

i'd throw in the rights to sergio llull and call it a day

i think markel signed a deal overseas :lol:

yeah i'd pass on giving up melton for sure.

i lowkey would give away Qi lol. i like the guy's skillset, but I guess it depends on what they think of his and hartenstein's potential.

i'd throw in the rights to sergio llull and call it a day

i think markel signed a deal overseas :lol:

Oh wow he is in a Turkish League :lol: damn. Oh well, Hawks should just take RJ Hunter. He's young.

DkCtpfNVsAA0FAA.jpg

Totally forgot him and Nene were teammates :lol:

920x920.jpg

Ben DuBose brought up something interesting on one of his podcasts, I'm not sure it's even possible rule wise, but he said Trevor Ariza is a potential buyout player...come buyout season what do you guys think the chances of that happening are? And what are the chances he ends up back on the Rockets? Surely Phoenix will let him go to join a playoff team, cause they are not making the playoffs anytime soon. What other buyout guys can you see us picking up during buyout season? It sounds like we're waiting for buyout season to spend what's left of our exception so....

920x920.jpg

Ben DuBose brought up something interesting on one of his podcasts, I'm not sure it's even possible rule wise, but he said Trevor Ariza is a potential buyout player...come buyout season what do you guys think the chances of that happening are? And what are the chances he ends up back on the Rockets? Surely Phoenix will let him go to join a playoff team, cause they are not making the playoffs anytime soon. What other buyout guys can you see us picking up during buyout season? It sounds like we're waiting for buyout season to spend what's left of our exception so....

If that did happen, the media would turn Ariza back from peak Scottie to just regular Ariza.

If that did happen, the media would turn Ariza back from peak Scottie to just regular Ariza.

As much as I'd like it, it feels like a bit like cheating, renting out Ariza just to bring him back. With him being on a one year deal though, I really could see him being released come buyout season to join a playoff team or as soon as Phoenix is clearly out of the playoffs (which I have no doubt). He also mentioned Luc as a possible buyout guy, with these one year deals the NBA has changed so much, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Still REALLY want Bazemore the longer this drags on (even if it cost Qi with Hartemstien now locked in I just dont feel like we need Qi, him a first rounder, and Ryno) maybe more than Ariza. Rockets did go like 14 and 1 without Ariza last season (injuries and suspensions) so I don't think well miss him as much as people are thinking we will. James Johnson would be my second choice. Just wish he could shoot a bit better and for a guy his size hes terrible at blocking shots I think his average is .2 or .3 still better than Ryno just feel like with his size & arhelticism he should be blocking more shots. Everything I've read indicates morey will trade Ryno it's just a matter of when. I don't want Tyler Johnson, Melton IMO is a rich man's T.johnson I could live with Batum, but Bazemore and JJ are my top chioces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom