Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

I like Capela and think he’s a solid player but at no point was he ever looking like one of the greatest players of all time.

Dream to me, is a top 5 player. Debate that all you want to- but Clint Capela shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Olajuwon EVER. The only similarity is that they both played for the Rockets. Cut it out.

If Morey agreed that he was looking like Dream a deal would have already been done. Period.

Relax lol.

We dont care if you think Dreams top 5 ever or not thats not what anyone said or debated. Go debate with the tape on Capela in the playoffs.

All we said is defensively he looked like Dream a ton of times in the playoffs and it shows from him working out with him...Defensively

Relax lol.

We dont care if you think Dreams top 5 ever or not thats not what anyone said or debated. Go debate with the tape on Capela in the playoffs.

All we said is defensively he looked like Dream a ton of times in the playoffs and it shows from him working out with him...Defensively

I need to relax because you have overstated Capela’s performance?

Lol! YOU relax!

We’re talking hall of famer, one of the best players ever vs a guy that a lot of teams in the league don’t think deserves a max contract.

Get outta here.

Jared Dudley headed over i heard . Not bad if hes trying to compete

I've hated him for a long time, so it's only fitting if true. Still, have Melo complete his buyout, re-sign Capela, find another vet wing (Rodney Hood would be excellent but I don't think that's very realistic unless he's willing to play for $1), infuse some youth in the lineup and let's get this thing movin'

When we signed him I thought his (Ryno) contract was bad enough, but no production this past season was even worse. I kind of have a feeling if this domino drops, we offer Capela a bit more & Hartenstein might get sacrificed in the deal. I'm still pretty shocked Capela got no offers. I don't even think I've read or heard any teams meet with him besides the Lakers and us.

This offseason in general has been weird in relation to contracts. There's very few middle ground deals. You have Paul, Lebron, PG, etc getting their big deals, and hoards of 1 year deals for guys. Very few Nurfic contract's handed out this offseason.

Also, I'm firmly against seeing Hartenstein sacrificed and going on to be successful somewhere else.

Random, but I saw Steve Francis last week, and man...drinking and life without basketball has taken a toll on him. He doesn't even look like the same person. I guess when you were a fan of somebody, you have the image of them from their peak in your mind for a long time, and that was startling to see in person.

This offseason in general has been weird in relation to contracts. There's very few middle ground deals. You have Paul, Lebron, PG, etc getting their big deals, and hoards of 1 year deals for guys. Very few Nurfic contract's handed out this offseason.

Also, I'm firmly against seeing Hartenstein sacrificed and going on to be successful somewhere else.

Random, but I saw Steve Francis last week, and man...drinking and life without basketball has taken a toll on him. He doesn't even look like the same person. I guess when you were a fan of somebody, you have the image of them from their peak in your mind for a long time, and that was startling to see in person.

526201-612x612.jpg

Alcohol destroyed both players, Griffins end still kinda gives me goosebumps. Still wonder how much it showed in the locker room. For the record I'm against the idea of trading Hartenstein too, just think it's a possibility we should think about. If I'm the Kings I rather have him than a first rounder...

526201-612x612.jpg

Alcohol destroyed both players, Griffins end still kinda gives me goosebumps. Still wonder how much it showed in the locker room. For the record I'm against the idea of trading Hartenstein too, just think it's a possibility we should think about. If I'm the Kings I rather have him than a first rounder...

Forgot Griffin was in the same situation smh. My guy Francis was looking like a regular dude you'd see standing outside the corner store in Sunnyside ready to ask you for some money.

Watching one of several Rockets Playback games I recorded (5 currently), and the Rockets did everything to give the Suns this game at home, including being down by 20, yet I remember watching this game and was totally un-bothered by the deficit cause I 100% felt like they'd have a comeback :lol: seeing Troy Daniels ball out and puff his chest out only for them to lose made me happy

Forgot Griffin was in the same situation smh. My guy Francis was looking like a regular dude you'd see standing outside the corner store in Sunnyside ready to ask you for some money.

Watching one of several Rockets Playback games I recorded (5 currently), and the Rockets did everything to give the Suns this game at home, including being down by 20, yet I remember watching this game and was totally un-bothered by the deficit cause I 100% felt like they'd have a comeback :lol: seeing Troy Daniels ball out and puff his chest out only for them to lose made me happy
4146834b1a08e6f846670f5652788a70.png

^^Ddude was looking rough here, if hes continued that way I can imagine how bad he looks now. Still wonder if his whole headache problem was alchohol related...

Melo to the Rox for the vet's min is a financially great move. Low risk/high reward.

Our full MLE is still available, but part of it will be used on Melton to offer him a 3 year deal to keep his bird rights I assume.

Makes you wonder if we decided not to re-sign Luc wasn't because of the money, but because the concern about his shoulder was a real issue. To my knowledge, he still hasn't gotten surgery. And also if they think Ennis is a viable replacement.

Melo to the Rox for the vet's min is a financially great move. Low risk/high reward.

Our full MLE is still available, but part of it will be used on Melton to offer him a 3 year deal to keep his bird rights I assume.

Makes you wonder if we decided not to re-sign Luc wasn't because of the money, but because the concern about his shoulder was a real issue. To my knowledge, he still hasn't gotten surgery. And also if they think Ennis is a viable replacement.

I 100% feel like Luc's shoulder was a concern going forward. I may have written that verbatim not long ago :lol: I keep seeing the MLE will be split between Melton, Hartenstein, and Nick Young :lol:

I 100% feel like Luc's shoulder was a concern going forward. I may have written that verbatim not long ago :lol: I keep seeing the MLE will be split between Melton, Hartenstein, and Nick Young :lol:
Man that'd be disappointing for sure :lol:

Melton is basically a lock to be signed with the MLE so we can keep his bird right's on the rookie deal...I don't know who else they could get or have been linked to that's worth the rest of the MLE so it's a possibility they just go into the season with the pieces now (or add more vet minimum guys) and hope a wing gets bought out and they can entice them with the MLE later on.

We need a big wing since Ennis is our only legit 3.

Tuck Melo and Ryan anderson should only be used at 4 or 5 .

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 2.00.15 AM.png

3 spot is too generous.

Michael Carter Williams playing meaningful minutes next to Paul will be hilarious. Paul never holds back his frustration, Carter Williams will give him a stroke out there.

Also Eric Gordon being healthy for the majority of the season again is unlikely given his track record.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 2.00.15 AM.png

3 spot is too generous.

Michael Carter Williams playing meaningful minutes next to Paul will be hilarious. Paul never holds back his frustration, Carter Williams will give him a stroke out there.

Also Eric Gordon being healthy for the majority of the season again is unlikely given his track record.
Did you watch Houston during the regular season last year?
MCW is more than likely going to play the Briante Webber role. Houston was scrambling for a pg when Chris paul got hurt so they tried out bobby brown , briante webber , aaron johnson or whatever his name is to fill the gap.MCW will likely only see minutes if CP is hurt. I also think and based of summer league Melton will be able to earn those minutes before MCW.

Houstons PG rotation always has Harden or Paul playing

Did you watch Houston during the regular season last year?
MCW is more than likely going to play the Briante Webber role. Houston was scrambling for a pg when Chris paul got hurt so they tried out bobby brown , briante webber , aaron johnson or whatever his name is to fill the gap.MCW will likely only see minutes if CP is hurt. I also think and based of summer league Melton will be able to earn those minutes before MCW.

Houstons PG rotation always has Harden or Paul playing

Gordon has played 70 games twice in his career. Expect him to spend time on the shelf. He's due.

Paul is coming off back to back seasons where he missed at least 20 games. 30mpg is looking like that's too much to ask of him at this point in his career. Every time he went over that he got hurt.

MCW will be playing meaningful minutes at some point. Along with Ryan Anderson (lol).

I wish they had kept Bobby on the roster. That's my guy.

MCW is the 3rd string PG nothing more nothing less.

Ryan Anderson started for a team that won 55 games, He’s playable against the majority of the league

Gordon has played 70 games twice in his career. Expect him to spend time on the shelf. He's due.

Paul is coming off back to back seasons where he missed at least 20 games. 30mpg is looking like that's too much to ask of him at this point in his career. Every time he went over that he got hurt.

MCW will be playing meaningful minutes at some point. Along with Ryan Anderson (lol).

I wish they had kept Bobby on the roster. That's my guy.
If Gordon goes down then more than likely it will be Green filling his void then Melton. He’s the backup wing guy anyway and Harden is usually a tank.

MCW will likely play when or if Paul goes down.Your dream scenario of Paul playing with MCW isn’t likely going to happen unless under extreme circumstances.

I couldn’t imagine coming into another team’s thread like this
E2C6D9A7-5832-492D-9967-8180A5EA0F68.gif

While sounding like this
DE6E2D6C-63E1-4218-B96B-60D3DE84C0F1.gif

Those same types of people said “it’s only one basketball” and “the Rockets gutted their bench for Chris Paul”. These are also the same ones that said “OKC is built for the playoffs” and “OKC is the only challenge for Golden State”. It’s best to just let them die on the hills they create.

I couldn’t imagine coming into another team’s thread like this
E2C6D9A7-5832-492D-9967-8180A5EA0F68.gif

While sounding like this
DE6E2D6C-63E1-4218-B96B-60D3DE84C0F1.gif

Those same types of people said “it’s only one basketball” and “the Rockets gutted their bench for Chris Paul”. These are also the same ones that said “OKC is built for the playoffs” and “OKC is the only challenge for Golden State”. It’s best to just let them die on the hills they create.

Never said any of that. Way to exaggerate though. Quit acting like I said something outrageous.

All I said was MCW will probably end up playing meaningful min.

And then you come in making stuff up :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom