Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Im high on Qi . i like him a lot

Hes gotta get stronger, but I'm with you I like him alot it's too bad we cant find minutes (especially with all the blowout games we had last season) for him in an actual NBA game he needs the experience. He could be potentially be a really good player in the system we play.

Hes gotta get stronger, but I'm with you I like him alot it's too bad we cant find minutes (especially with all the blowout games we had last season) for him in an actual NBA game he needs the experience. He could be potentially be a really good player in the system we play.

100% agree with you on him getting stronger. Yeah i feel like he should of got some time on those blowout games. perfect guy in our system

Well Jabari signed in Chicago, so Melo ain't going there, are the Heat still interested? If not it's just a waiting game at this point.

Didn’t know the tournament was starting that fast. Sucks they lost, but heard a lot of guys continued with the solid play. House with 30 points and 5 3s, Melton with a double double, Markel apparently handling the ball well and driving to the lane. Qi, Hartenstein, Melton, and possibly House need to find a way to play important minutes in NBA games. They all need to be limiting Ryno/Nene’s time on the court.

Capella understands his value to the Rockets, but feel like the Rockets also understand he's also replaceable.

Sucks when Howard is still arguably the better C, but Harden and him couldn't find a way to make it work during his tenure with Houston.

Chemistry, for lack of a better word, is the only reason to why maybe Capela is demanding more.

Capella understands his value to the Rockets, but feel like the Rockets also understand he's also replaceable.

Sucks when Howard is still arguably the better C, but Harden and him couldn't find a way to make it work during his tenure with Houston.

Chemistry, for lack of a better word, is the only reason to why maybe Capela is demanding more.

I'm not even so sure it's even Capela calling all the shots, but his agent swelling his head up. By him not even getting an offer this offseason that should have been a wakeup call to take the 90 million, improve even more, and look for a bigger payday later. It's not like this is last shot to get paid big money, like Ariza. Howard is such a waste he had the physical tools to be Shaquille type player, but never did. From everything I've read and Lakers, Rockets, Hawks, Charlotte, and now Brooklyn all wanted him gone because he just doesn't take the game seriously. I'll bet the Wizards trade him before his contract is up.

There's more to it. Has to be.

Capela had a career year, but it was also a contract year. He was performing in ways I never expected him.

Also don't think it'll be "fair" to pay Capela, but not Howard. The traditional C is still valuable, but it's also seems like they're being underappreciated.

Some say Capela is just a product of our system, and he might be.... but until he can create his own shot hes asking for too much $$. He needs to learn a hook shot I havent seen that done well since Yao, but watching Dream tear up Ewing, Shaquille, Robinson, etc was magical. Capela has a lot of the same raw tools Dream had when he was young.

If he does end up here, hopefully he adds accessories to himself, cause he looks like a month 1 MyPlayer :lol:

He was pretty decent in Utah, but in Cleveland he looked like a totally different player. Its doubtful we get him, but if we were to he'd be a cheap player that could pan out, or fade into Bolivia.

Screenshot_20180715-195259.jpg

Some say Capela is just a product of our system, and he might be.... but until he can create his own shot hes asking for too much $$. He needs to learn a hook shot I havent seen that done well since Yao, but watching Dream tear up Ewing, Shaquille, Robinson, etc was magical. Capela has a lot of the same raw tools Dream had when he was young.

Capela this season and especially playoffs his defense was looking like Dream. It was amazing. Capela should just take the 90 though.h

Last edited:
Capela this season and especially playoffs his defense was looking like Dream. It was amazing. Capela shoud just take the 90 though.

My uncle has been a dream fan since UofH days, hes got tons of old tapes and Akeem (before he became Hakeem) and he was so raw and athletic just like Clint its uncanny. It wasn't until he perfected that hook shot that he became unstoppable. That's what Clint needs is a go to shot doesn't have to be a hook even, but most of his scoring is lobs and putbacks. I have a feeling Morey is just playing hardball, and Clint will get the 100 million.I just cant see them letting a young guy like him walk.

Isaiah Hartenstein is in the Rockets’ plans this season
The young big man could see time as the third center.

By Darren Yuvan@DarrenYuvan Jul 19, 2018, 11:56am CDT

The Houston Rockets were pretty vocal about wanting to get younger for this upcoming season. They were the fourth-oldest team in the league last year, and letting the 33-year-old Trevor Ariza and the 31-year-old Luc Mbah a Moute walk in the offseason while bringing in 28-year-old James Ennis and 26-year-old Michael Carter-Williams definitely reduced the team in the age department.

Now according to the Houston Chronicle, the Rockets are about to get even younger. They are currently working on a deal with 20-year-old center Isaiah Hartenstein, and the team expects to have him under contract within a matter of days.

The 7-footer played for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers last year after electing to play stateside rather than stay in Europe, but he really came into his own this summer in Las Vegas. He averaged 10.3 points on 52 percent shooting, and he snatched 8 rebounds per game, as he helped lead the Rockets summer team to a 4-1 record.

But where he really made his mark was averaging 2.3 blocks and a steal per game and helping to anchor the team’s defense.

The Rockets apparently feel that he’s ready to assume the third center position with the big boys in same role filled last season by Tarik Black. Black remains an unsigned free agent.

Hartenstein will play behind Clint Capela and Nene and will have an opportunity to make his mark with additional court time on the nights Nene sits.

The Rockets are extremely high on Hartenstein and have spoken about him in the same vein as a young Capela, and so far, the fresh-faced American-born German appears to be improving at about the same pace as the Swiss Roll did.

Hartenstein looked ragged last season, even against G-League competition, but this year, in addition to the solid numbers, he also passes the eye test of major improvement. If he can continue on that same trajectory, the Rockets may really have something.

For now, though, Houston will look to get him signed and into camp with the varsity squad, where we’ll get to watch his development up close and personal. He’s definitely one you want to keep an eye on moving forward. - THE DREAM SHAKE

Capela this season and especially playoffs his defense was looking like Dream. It was amazing. Capela should just take the 90 though.h

I like Capela and think he’s a solid player but at no point was he ever looking like one of the greatest players of all time.

Dream to me, is a top 5 player. Debate that all you want to- but Clint Capela shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Olajuwon EVER. The only similarity is that they both played for the Rockets. Cut it out.

If Morey agreed that he was looking like Dream a deal would have already been done. Period.

Back
Top Bottom