Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

giphy.gif

Morey is one of the better risk takers/ Gm’s in the league but objectively speaking, this team got worse on paper and now they have one deal with Paul that will kneecap them in the next year or two (definitely 3) and then this Capela deal...and the Ryan Anderson burden.

$90M to a guy that isn’t an all star?

Don’t get me wrong Capela does some key things really well but the Rockets were balking at his demands and it wasn’t for no reason.

They would have beat the warriors with last year’s roster had Paul not gone down. I’ll give you guys that.

But with the margin for error being so slim against GSW, how do you get worse on defense and come back the next season thinking that the team is improved somehow?

Morey is one of the better risk takers/ Gm’s in the league but objectively speaking, this team got worse on paper and now they have one deal with Paul that will kneecap them in the next year or two (definitely 3) and then this Capela deal...and the Ryan Anderson burden.

Don’t get me wrong Capela does some key things really well but the Rockets were balking at his demands and it wasn’t for no reason.

They would have beat the warriors with last year’s roster had Paul not gone down. I’ll give you guys that.

But with the margin for error being so slim against GSW, how do you get worse on defense and come back the next season thinking that the team is improved somehow?

upload_2018-7-27_20-22-38.gif

upload_2018-7-27_20-23-30.gif

:smh:

So essentially a 5/80 year deal for Capela?

Almost a steal in today's market.

Didn't think he would resign, but amazing deal.

Wing rotation is still our biggest weakness,but feel Melo be a huge X-factor the entire season.

"The Rockets gutted their bench for CP3"

"There's only 1 ball"

"Come all star break, Harden and Paul will be at each other's throats"

"Did you see how Paul reacted to Harden in Drew League, that'll be the same in the playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:."

"They don't even have any defenders"

So just like in the NBA thread, I'll add your post as well, and we'll come back to it when late in the season Melo, Ennis, MCW, and a rookie or two will be known as "too much help" in another Harden MVP case.

I'm almost willing to look at JH+Clint as a 1/2 combo contract wise b/c a lot of what JH does is predicated off the Clint PnR. Total value considered, I'm with it to the max. Two solid high level pieces locked in for the next 5 years. Clint is still young, who knows. JH still relatively young for a star. I hope Clint can improve his FT shooting, but I'm not super optimistic. I also hope he finds a way to create his own shot to keep him valuable and teams honest. If he can keep that euro sidestepping and good hands, it'll keep our downhill play effective. Any type of jumpshot is probably asking for way too much :lol:

"The Rockets gutted their bench for CP3"

"There's only 1 ball"

"Come all star break, Harden and Paul will be at each other's throats"

"Did you see how Paul reacted to Harden in Drew League, that'll be the same in the playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:."

"They don't even have any defenders"

So just like in the NBA thread, I'll add your post as well, and we'll come back to it when late in the season Melo, Ennis, MCW, and a rookie or two will be known as "too much help" in another Harden MVP case.

For clarity I never made any of those comments. If you disagree with that statement produce the receipts.You can’t just be reckless and just throw out a bunch of quotes without names attached to them. Who said those things? Or is this just a victim Rockets fan that is lazy and wants to use general hatred towards his team and attribute said hatred to anyone that doesn’t believe in the rockets?

You’ve also misunderstood where I’m even coming from.

Despite the fact that Harden travels on all of his step backs, I like the guy. He deserved MVP the year Russ got it.

The truth of the matter is that I think they missed their championship window last season. That was their year. They were a hamstring away.

Add this to your list of quotes, put my name by it, but don’t attribute those other quotes to me because I didn’t say any of that. In fact I said the exact opposite about MCW in the nba offseason thread.

The rockets championship window is nailed shut!

Yea his contract is worse but hes a good player. Above average defender good ball handler and passer. Hes more than a 3 and d guy. We’re always going to be over the cap anyway.

I'm pretty in on Nic Batum after finding out he's 29 instead of 33 (though I'm still iffy about that). I thought he was similar to Parsons where he was 21 or 22 when he got traded (and traded).

For clarity I never made any of those comments. If you disagree with that statement produce the receipts.You can’t just be reckless and just throw out a bunch of quotes without names attached to them. Who said those things? Or is this just a victim Rockets fan that is lazy and wants to use general hatred towards his team and attribute said hatred to anyone that doesn’t believe in the rockets?

You’ve also misunderstood where I’m even coming from.

Despite the fact that Harden travels on all of his step backs, I like the guy. He deserved MVP the year Russ got it.

The truth of the matter is that I think they missed their championship window last season. That was their year. They were a hamstring away.

Add this to your list of quotes, put my name by it, but don’t attribute those other quotes to me because I didn’t say any of that. In fact I said the exact opposite about MCW in the nba offseason thread.

The rockets championship window is nailed shut!

yuat.PNG

yuyt.PNG

Been seeing stuff about a possible Ryno for Marvin Williams and MKG. Though I don’t know how the money would work. I’d be cool with that. I dig Marvin Williams anyway, especially with him being a guy with some attitude that has gradually been shooting the 3 better. MKG stinks on offense, but he’s a nice defender.

Been seeing stuff about a possible Ryno for Marvin Williams and MKG. Though I don’t know how the money would work. I’d be cool with that. I dig Marvin Williams anyway, especially with him being a guy with some attitude that has gradually been shooting the 3 better. MKG stinks on offense, but he’s a nice defender.
saw that too but it was from a fake twitter account

Back
Top Bottom