Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Oh yeah, I had forgot to post the information.

Insider from CF on Tuesday had said this:
Trading Anderson is likely the next move. Sounds like talks with Miami died unfortunately, but something else is lining up.. though it's a much less exciting move IMO. Don't get hyped up on upgrading our roster a lot from this trade.

Doesn't seem like a splash...hopefully not a Shumpert trade but we'll see.

Watching that game zhou still has a lot to improve on to become an NBA player.

Honestly for me if he'd just learn timing as far as going for blocks/contesting, that will go a long way. It'll keep him from unnecessary fouling and keep him on the court. And I think we all know he needs to improve his strength.

DlN1JD6U0AAzn6p.jpg

What are some of the things he needs to work on?
The obvious is strength he was pushed out a lot he wasnt even their first option due to this.Wang Zhelin (sp? ) the grizzlies 2nd round pick.

Lateral quickness and defensive positioning was kinda bad as well. He was fouling unnecessarily too.

Despite being so much taller and talented he couldn’t assert his will during stretches wherein China needed a bucket.He looked like an improved shooter though.

A lot of his blocks were because Standhardinger was being an idiot trying to shoot over him.

I honestly don’t expect anything from Knight or Chriss, getting rid of Ryno without giving up a 1st rounder is the win.

I honestly don’t expect anything from Knight or Chriss, getting rid of Ryno without giving up a 1st rounder is the win.
to be fair melton could've easily been a 1st rounder. and his stock from summer league definitely rose.

i think chriss will be productive here. we don't really have a backup big so i expect him to slot in there and he can bring similarities to capela. i don't like dude at all though, he's always been doing childish **** on the court.

i don't know what to expect of knight cause of his health. but if he's healthy, we might finally get that 4 guard rotation to keep cp3 and james healthy and fresh.

What’s not to like?

Chriss is meh, but still has the potential, especially in this system and we can coach him up a bit (Ahem, Capela). He was traded for 3 first rounders and joined Lebron/KD in a pretty exclusive club. I don’t see much downside.

Knight is 6 million less a year and fills our need of a backup PG (especially with CP). I get the MCW signing, but let’s be real, he was a minimum pick up and we still needed some insurance.

I get the Melton love, but I don’t also. There’s a reason he slipped and I can see the potential. But you say before the draft, we trade Ryno and a 2nd for this same package, everyone is all for it. We hype up our late draft picks way too much (Chinanu, Montrez, Johnson, etc) when there’s a reason they were late picks. You can’t rely on a second round rookie when you’re a team gunning for a championship. I don’t think I can think of any teams in recent memory playing a second round rookie meaningful minutes.

Hell people on CF make it seem like Melton was a top 5 pick. Saying he should be playing 15 mins a game. Sheesh, chill.

to be fair melton could've easily been a 1st rounder. and his stock from summer league definitely rose.

i think chriss will be productive here. we don't really have a backup big so i expect him to slot in there and he can bring similarities to capela. i don't like dude at all though, he's always been doing childish **** on the court.

i don't know what to expect of knight cause of his health. but if he's healthy, we might finally get that 4 guard rotation to keep cp3 and james healthy and fresh.

From summer league? Lol. This sounds like most of our prospects and fans overvaluing it. I remember trading Greene and Lamb and people (CFs) being upset after their summer games. Rediculous.

Ryno and Chriss aside. If PHX says Chriss for Melton (or that 2nd round pick) straight up, does Morey go for it?

From summer league? Lol. This sounds like most of our prospects and fans overvaluing it. I remember trading Greene and Lamb and people (CFs) being upset after their summer games. Rediculous.

Ryno and Chriss aside. If PHX says Chriss for Melton (or that 2nd round pick) straight up, does Morey go for it?
absolutely. melton was already regarded as a lotto talent had he not got suspended from the ncaa last year. and his summer league justified that, especially with how he improved his offensive repertoire. yeah fans been hyping it but it's pretty universal from a lot of scouts and analysts.

Back
Top Bottom