Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

Thats has to be the most nonsensical analogy ever.
roll.gif

I read in different places that was never true. Also I believe that Nubians reigned during the time this was supposed to take place

either way as a person who lives in the Middle East and traveled across the regions, Arabs come in all shades and festures, with many Egyptians looking like Rich Homie Quan :lol:

People have become more aware of history and in general call a spade a spades that's why you don't see white people playing Native American in movies anymore cause people see right through it. The movie looks dope and I will watch, but c'mon you telling Idris Elba wouldn't have been a dope Pharaoh?

Either way this will not hold a candle to the The Ten Commandments that movie still gets play round my house

I feel like that's a failure on your part. Jimmy Hendrix and James Brown both have major studio release movies coming out. Lets Be Cops. Think Like a Man Too, Ride Along, About Lastnight...all major studio releases, the Equalizer, Lego Movie, Belle...Major releases.

It's clear more people are hip to race in 2014, can't have it both ways. Either, everyone is more aware or people are still looking to Hollywood for history. If it was 1955 then I'd feel this thread, but in 2014, we are more aware so the influence Hollywood has is minimal. Worldstar/Instagram/twitter/Facebook does more harm than Hollywood at this point.

As such, personally I don't care. Petition, do whatever you feel is right, but you trying to take Christian Bale off screen because of his race?(which can easily be construed as racists in itself 'an Arab actor can play Moses better than a white actor' because he's Arab') we got problems.

Last edited:
Look Cobra, when you can afford to put up the budget for a movie then do the right thing and chose the lesser known actor that fits the role perfectly, whether or not he will help the movie profit, over the guy who will ensure you make money.

You're making this a race thing when it's not. It's a money thing. These studios that put up the money want the biggest return in their investment. Bale will ensure that over some unknown egyptian actor no matter how good he may be.

I swear some of you always want to make everything about race. If it was about race then The Rock wouldn't have gotten cast to play a greek god. That's right, a polynesian, to play a greek god. Do you think maybe it has to do because The Rock = $$ just like Bale = $$.

Minorities have to stop playing the victim card ALL the time.

FTR, I'm a minority.

Quoted for emphasis.

I'm Egyptian and can post pics of all my boys brothers, some are dark and others white with green eyes. It is a mix of features in Egypt.

I can tell you one thing for sure though, there is not a single Egyptian person I met, here in North America, or back home in Egypt, that looks like idris Elba. NONE. Or matter of fact like any African American.

It's the same argument, if they made him black with American features, I would feel disrespected.

Nubians are not the same neither, I have a large chunk of my family that are Nubian.

Last edited:
I'm Egyptian and can post pics of all my boys brothers, some are dark and others white with green eyes. It is a mix of features in Egypt.

I can tell you one thing for sure though, there is not a single Egyptian person I met, here in North America, or back home in Egypt, that looks like idris Elba. NONE. Or matter of fact like any African American.

It's the same argument, if they made him black with American features, I would feel disrespected.

Nubians are not the same neither, I have a large chunk of my family that are Nubian.

Elba isn't African American though

Elba isn't African American though

Foreal, I never knew that. I just searched dude up, so he is Ghanaian and Sierra Leone, which have nothing to do with Egypt, culturally / physically.

I'm just saying man it's the same argument, you can't just be like ancient Egyptians were black and portray them as something they weren't .

And I'm not agreeing with whoever they got playing in this movie. but the argument that they should be black is not really valid.

To make it clearer dude in the Scarlett Johnson movie, Lucy, is Egyptian. Amr waked.

View media item 1075715
Would you still make this argument if he had played the role?

Last edited:
Foreal, I never knew that. I just searched dude up, so he is Ghanaian and Sierra Leone, which have nothing to do with Egypt, culturally / physically.

I'm just saying man it's the same argument, you can't just be like ancient Egyptians were black and portray them as something they weren't .

And I'm not agreeing with whoever they got playing in this movie. but the argument that they should be black is not really valid.

To make it clearer dude in the Scarlett Johnson movie, Lucy, is Egyptian. Amr waked.

View media item 1075715
Would you still make this argument if he had played the role?

Bruh Nubians are Sudanese, that's means not only could Idris Elba play pharaoh so could Will Smith :tongue:

Bruh Nubians are Sudanese, that's means not only could Idris Elba play pharaoh so could Will Smith :tongue:

Lol.. Even after stating I have Nubian family somehow NTrs know more.

And try to tell a Nubian person they are Sudanese. See what they say to you.

And how does a man from Ghana and west Africa, relate to Sudan?? Yo man you can have pride in you but try to know geography of Africa before equating Africa= black.

Last edited:
Lol.. Even after stating I have Nubian family somehow NTrs know more.

And try to tell a Nubian person they are Sudanese. See what they say to you.

And how does a man from Ghana and west Africa, relate to Sudan?? Yo man you can have pride in you but try to know geography of Africa before equating Africa= black.

Bruh I'm Somali born in Saudi Arabia, live in Dubai and have been too Egypt, Sudan and all over the. Middle East. Nubians aren't from Sudan? Is that right? You sure about thi? Cause I'll give you a minute....

And what are you talking about relating to Sudan? Bruh we talking about black actors portraying Egyptian characters so that's how it relates. Idris Elba looks like he could be from the region if you can't see that then that's on you Bruh but you don't know what your talking about.They are black Arabs in every Arab nation in Africa.

HAve you even been to Egypt? :lol:

Bruh I'm Somali born in Saudi Arabia, live in Dubai and have been too Egypt, Sudan and all over the. Middle East. Nubians aren't from Sudan? Is that right? You sure about thi? Cause I'll give you a minute....

And what are you talking about relating to Sudan? Bruh we talking about black actors portraying Egyptian characters so that's how it relates. Idris Elba looks like he could be from the region if you can't see that then that's on you Bruh but you don't know what your talking about.They are black Arabs in every Arab nation in Africa.

Stop lying son. I was born and raised in Egypt. I studied my history obviously you didn't.

Sudan didn't even exist, until 56 so how were the ancient Nubian kings Sudanese? Stop lying son. You don't know what you are talking about.

You named Saudi Arabia, Dubai, neither one of those countries are in Africa, again study your geography son.

This isn't about Arabs.

Have i been to Egypt? " bruh" I spent more time in Africa than you can hope too.

Last edited:
Stop lying son. I was born and raised in Egypt. I studied my history obviously you didn't.

Sudan didn't even exist, until 56 so how were the ancient Nubian kings Sudanese? Stop lying son. You don't know what you are talking about.

You named Saudi Arabia, Dubai, neither one of those countries are in Africa, again study your geography son.

This isn't about Arabs.

I don't even know where to begin with you :rofl:

Are you legit trying to tell me Nubians didn't come the region that is NOW called Sudan? And you realize that people lived in Sudan before it was a country? You realize that those people have been living their for thousands of years, with a good amount of them being Nubian? You understand that to this day the largest population of Nubians live in the area called Sudan? You understand the Nubians in Egypt originated long ago from their homeland in Sudan east Africa region?

And beyond that do you know what Nubian people look like? Hell look at Anwar Sadat one your presidents. Nubians come from Drake to Dikembe Mutombo.

The point being it's not a stretch that black actors could play Egyptians. It would be more accurate then a dude playing Ramsey in this movie. You saying you don't see guys like Idris being Egyptian is ******** and what I'm explaining is that ancient Egyptians weren't just a bunch of dudes who lived in Alexandria.

You don't want Idris then cool, so how bout Don Cheadle? He doesn't look Nubian? How bout Will Smith? Or dude from 12 "years a slave?

Hollywood choses present Ancient Egypt as this white washed vision. Ever notice how in shows like Rome Egyptians are all white but their slaves and servants are black? That's not accurate not even close.

I will go see this movie, but c'mon its gets alittle ridiculous to see how they chooses to present things in the same ole way.

Idris elba can pass as arab? :lol: French montana disagrees with you, egyptians dont even consider themselves african, it would be disrespectful for hollywood to put black actors in a egyptian film, they want nothing to do with that continent

Niketalker23 says minorities need to stop being sensitive but he reported me to the mods cause I clowned the Mexican national team...and also cause I called him a clown for working full time at a job with part time status and no benefits(you working under that status is the reason companies stay ******* over people)....then cried when he got laid off

You cant take jokes about that clown soccer team but you want folks to brush off historical inaccuracies? You ignorant lil boy

You're the most selective activist on this site...you either playing victim like a child or you're trying to tell someone to stop pulling a card....pull your depends up

Last edited:
Idris elba can pass as arab? :lol: French montana disagrees with you, egyptians dont even consider themselves african, it would be disrespectful for hollywood to put black actors in a egyptian film, they want nothing to do with that continent

Well if French Montana says I'm wrong.....

Where's Ja to make sense of this?

You did not read my posts or other peoples post :lol:

Egypt was called Kemet at one point. Translations of Kemet mean black.
But i'm racist and playing with a loaded 52 race card deck, don't listen to me.

Yes, if Egyptians don't want to be connected to Africa, that's their own problems.
That's like a Canadian not connecting with North America.

This guy is talking about how different Egyptians look in 2014. This story didn't take place in 2014.
Stop it, 5.

That's like me saying Beyonce and Jay can't play slaves in a movie. No slaves looked like them.

Let's just take black actors out of everything. We'll find better actors. We can always use makeup.
View media item 1075782

Last edited:
Niketalker23 says minorities need to stop being sensitive but he reported me to the mods cause I clowned the Mexican national team...and also cause I called him a clown for working full time at a job with part time status and no benefits(you working under that status is the reason companies stay ******* over people)....then cried when he got laid off

You cant take jokes about that clown soccer team but you want folks to brush off historical inaccuracies? You ignorant lil boy

You're the most selective activist on this site...you either playing victim like a child or you're trying to tell someone to stop pulling a card....pull your depends up

Well damn

Who said Egyptians don't want to be connected with Africa?

I swear NTrs say the most ******ed things based of their own thinking, nothing factual or even makes sense.

We love Africa we been African.

Whatever I won't get into this topic cuz somehow people that have their whole lineage in America , tell me I'm not African and how my history is supposed to be. Ok.

We're not the ones that sold the continent out. Get that straight.

Dudes bringing up slaves and how they should look and saying they can be Egyptian, just confirms my point that you guys have no idea.

I suppose all of North Africa isn't part of the continent. Were all just here by accident.

At least I actually touched African soil and drank from the Nile river.

Last edited:
Who said Egyptians don't want to be connected with Africa?

I swear NTrs say the most ******ed things based of their own thinking, nothing factual or even makes sense.

We love Africa we been African.

Whatever I won't get into this topic cuz somehow people that have their whole lineage in America , tell me I'm not African and how my history is supposed to be. Ok.

Reading your post, then getting to "whole lineage in america."
View media item 1075786
so now all african americans just sprang up on this continent. guess you do suck at knowing history.

lin·e·age
ˈlinē-ij/Submit
noun
lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
synonyms: ancestry, family, parentage, birth, descent, line, extraction, derivation, genealogy, roots, origin, background, heritage, dual heritage; More
ANTHROPOLOGY
a social group tracing its descent from a single ancestor.
BIOLOGY
a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

The very first word in African American tells you of our lineage, you dolt.

This the page the thread has gone to hell :lol:

Never meant any Egyptian, Libyan, or Algerian that's offended to be called African. Never in my life or travels that's just nonsense what y'all saying.

Think he was throwing shots at non blacks who are speaking for Egyptians

Then again there might be an African American in here speaking for Egypt with the "they don't consider themselves African" ...haven't been through the thread cause I got caught up by that ignorant niketalker23 post

Back
Top Bottom