Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

'Fictional character, Fictional movie' - blastercomboI see what you did there, lol have a rep.

Hercules, a Greek God is being played by a black man
Johnny Storm is being paid being portrayed by a black man.

It's the whole "Jesus is white" because Ceaser Borgia was shown as Jesus . However, in 2014, after years of black Jesus being put on our walls of our churches, you think most black people have a picture of white Jesus in their heads? In 1955, when the only black people allowed in Hollywood were slow, dimwitted, and lazy, yeah it was a major issue. But in 2014, It's not that it's not an issue, it's just a legit outdated one, we thriving in Hollywood.

We need to focus on making a better product; stop writing all these depressing black movies 12 Years a Slave better be the last movie I see like that, even Think Like a Man Too had this terribly down tone to it, and frankly wasn't that good, neither was Ride Along, neither are any Tyler Perry movies...like make a good movie.

Bad Boys II had the same budget as Noah, $130 million, Django also had a $100 budget so Hollywood does make big budget movies with mostly black casts, at least black leads.

I disagree with certain things. I'm on a cellphone so please bare with me. Ha!
But, Marvel has received a lot of criticism for casting Michael B Jordan as Johnny Storm. Not because he isn't a good actor, but because of the obvious. I disagree with you on "depressing"films like 12 years a slave shouldn't be made anymore. Slavery is a part of American history and we should never stop being reminded of it, and it should be depressing.
Tyler Perry movies don't count because he pays for his own films. All of them aren't bad though imo. Movies like ride along and think like a man too may not be that great, but why does ever film with a majority black cast have to be great? I've seen countless of films with all white cast that are just terrible. But that has nothing to do with the next film being made. Bad boys ll did have a huge budget due to Will Smith of course. Who is arguably the biggest movie star in the world. How many other black actors get that type of budget no matter how great they are? I mean Keanu Reeves get 100m budgets and he sucks. Haha! Also, I dont think anyone really considers Jamie as the lead in D'Jango Haha!

If they casted an all Egyptian cast 100% of you fools wouldn't go see it so pipe down.

What's next we complaining about the rock playing Hercules.

FICTIONAL CHARACTER. FICTIONAL MOVIE

Fictional to us but the Greek believed in him so why not cast a Greek guy.

So what I'm reading is you guys have problems with whites playing roles that don't belong to them but when a person of color plays a role it's okay. Smh come on

Let it go people.

So what I'm reading is you guys have problems with whites playing roles that don't belong to them but when a person of color plays a role it's okay. Smh come on

Let it go people.

WOW! Did you not get what I did there?

i read will smith turned down the lead because django didn't get to kill the bad guy

Let it go people.

:rofl: yea thats what we're saying

Because, every movie made should strive to be great. Compete with the best.

I'm not saying don't strive to be the best, I'm saying if they just so happen to fail, why does that affect the budget for the next movie featuring an all black cast?

Jamie fox isn't the lead in django?
mean.gif

Will smith turned down the lead for the matrix btw
i read will smith turned down the lead because django didn't get to kill the bad guy
he turned it down because he peeped that django wasnt really the main character or as pivtal a role as the other dude

I'm not saying don't strive to be the best, I'm saying if they just so happen to fail, why does that affect the budget for the next movie featuring an all black cast?

Because look at the type of move and caliber of actors in question. You want a transformers budget to make romantic comedies staring dude from 106 and park?

Wait...Leo? Man Jamie got to burn down a slave plantation owners house, snipe a plantation hand, whip a white man with a whip, smash Kerry Washington, kill various KKK members, slave owners and ball out on a horse...I woulda played the role for free...give me some weed, three naked videos of Kerry Washington a lunch with Leo, Waltz and Tarintino and I'm good...oh and the money of course. Will was tripping.

Because look at the type of move and caliber of actors in question. You want a transformers budget to make romantic comedies staring dude from 106 and park?

Haha! Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Wow!
Although, Mark Walbargh isn't that great of an actor his damn self.

Haha! Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Wow!
Although, Mark Walbargh isn't that great of an actor his damn self.

Someone brought up the example of bad boys II and you shot it down saying "because of will smith". So what do you want then? Avengers and other marvel movies have Sam L Jackson in it. Those don't count too?

Django def was the lead. I see why people say it, but doesn't change facts, Waltz got nominated for best supporting, thus not the lead, they are mutually exclusive. The love story was about Django, the entire storyline was driven by Djangos motive to save Kerry. Waltz was cooler, to some, but he was in no way the lead, he doesn't survive the third act and has no involvement in the climax. At first, I thought people were joking, but now I'm not so sure.

Leo wasn't even the main villain, his ranch was Candyland, he died but the plantation kept fighting after he was gone. That's how you find out who's the lead and the villain, when the story reaches the climax, who is facing off in the most important 'battle.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom