Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

Someone brought up the example of bad boys II and you shot it down saying "because of will smith". So what do you want then? Avengers and other marvel movies have Sam L Jackson in it. Those don't count too?

Bruh, look at Will Smith's numbers. He is the only actor to have 8 straight films make 100 mill domestically. Even more money internationally. He shouldl get 100million dollar films. But, he is the only black actor that gets that type of budget.
So now we gone pretend like Samuel was the lead in those movies? Haha!

Bruh, look at Will Smith's numbers. He is the only actor to have 8 straight films make 100 mill domestically. Even more money internationally. He shouldl get 100million dollar films. But, he is the only black actor that gets that type of budget.
So now we gone pretend like Samuel was the lead in those movies? Haha!

Sam is one of the leads yes.

The rest of your post just proves my point. You want larger budgets for movies with lesser caliber actors staring in them. Those budgets are what they are for a number of reasons. You can "haha" outta that

Last edited:
Sam is one of the leads yes

The rest of your post just proves my point. You want larger budgets for movies with lesser caliber actors staring in them. Those budgets are what they are for a number of reasons. You can "haha" outta that

Wait, so you're saying that every majority white cast film with a huge budget has great actors?

Wait, so you're saying that every majority white cast film with a huge budget has great actors?

Star power is ONE of the factors going into a movie budget. Being a "GREAT" actor doesn't equal star power all the time. Pretty simple concept. You're reaching every chance you get

Last edited:
Star power is ONE of the factors going into a movie budget. Being a GREAT actor doesn't equal star power all the time. Pretty simple concept. You're reaching every chance you get

Oh, so now it's "star power," but in your previous post you said "lesser caliber" actors. I guess that meant "star power." Yes, i see that you capatilized ONE. But, the topic was never about ones star power. That also can be debated. But, I'm cool with just agreeing to disagree so I won't be "reaching."

Last edited:
i thought dude playing ramses was this dude with make up on..

thought they did a fisher stevens in short circuit for a minute..

Oh, so now it's "star power," but in your previous post you said "lesser caliber" actors. I guess that meant "star power." Yes, i see that you capatilized ONE. But, the topic was never about ones star power. That also can be debated. But, I'm cool with just agreeing to disagree so I won't be "reaching."

So what are you even arguing? Look at the movies with predominantly black Actors, go actor by actor and see if they're worth the A list paycheck. Then look at the movie itself and see if it has the marketability of international success. It's not rocket science here. You stay reaching.

Last edited:
Will Smith woulda made that movie like Wild Wild West

Jamie Foxx was money

Last edited:
I think the movie would of been fine with him, but will smith seems to always throw in a little "will smith" in each of his movies. Jamie killed it

Last edited:
there is a reason danny glover ain't in movies these days...its probably because he has mad hate for hollywood. and with good reason.

a good movie is a good movie. im a ridley scott fan so this will be watched. but lets not sugar coat it.

Red Tails...regardless of what you thought of the movie...was entirely funded by George Lucas. why? because studios flat out told him to ****, we aren't marketing an all black cast.

and that was only a couple years ago.

No, it's not just a movie. It's movies, it's tv, it's comics, it's video games. It's every aspect of our lives as minorities, we see whites playing roles that can be played by anyone. Movies like lord of the rings? you can't have a black elf, but you got trees that walk and talk, **** outta here. Noah? You can't have minorities, because then it will look like we're trying too hard, so the white man is the every man. ****, I can't even take my kids to see a black santa claus but one day out of the week during christmas time. Every major video game character is white unless I'm playing a sport, or can create my own. This is since childhood, minorities don't get to see themselves in fictitious roles. It's crap.

Back
Top Bottom