Hollywood actors, CEOs charged in nationwide college admissions cheating scam

Swear to gawd. If I see any of you who advocate for this BS complain about folks on GA, I’m ****ting on u

And that’s per semester. Don’t want to pay a die or ain’t Becky’s house gets set on fire

Oh and I want new Jordan’s. All dem

Damn I thought it was for the year
Yeah all the Jays. With premium cut leather. Nothing less is acceptable.

Damn I thought it was for the year
Yeah all the Jays. With premium cut leather. Nothing less is acceptable.
Hell no that’s for the year lol, well it could if you’re in state and maybe not full time one of the semesters. Big name college is no joke with the cost

Not surprising at all; this is also very common at private high schools as well. I went to one of the best high schools in Bay Area and had to study my @#$ off to get a good test score to get in, because apparently not being Catholic and not having a "legacy" hurt my chances (My tutor used to work at one the local high end Catholic schools, and she said that they had an unofficial policy to have 60-70% of their students belong to those 2 categories).

Unsurprisingly, my school was FULL of rich white kids who were complete idiots. So many cases where people got expelled for serious offenses but somehow showed back up a year later :rolleyes My parents sent me there cause at the time, our local high school was considered "hood", but honestly the things I saw these private school kids do were far more morally corrupt than anything I saw the kids at the "hood" public schools do

Those same kids ended up somehow getting into good private colleges, when I knew for a fact that they were awful students. Wonder what happened there...

De la Salle ehh?

Hell no that’s for the year lol, well it could if you’re in state and maybe not full time one of the semesters. Big name college is no joke with the cost

I'ma need a scholarship for sure because that's insane. I'm still tryna get in there tho even with that price :smh:

I jus got accepted into one of their programs that tells minorities about engineering opportunities there and all that. Hoping that can slide me in somehow when I next apply :lol:

I'ma need a scholarship for sure because that's insane. I'm still tryna get in there tho even with that price :smh:

I jus got accepted into one of their programs that tells minorities about engineering opportunities there and all that. Hoping that can slide me in somehow when I next apply :lol:
Oh yes. People don’t realize if you’re not rich it’s scholarship or bust unless you’re fine with paying for it forever

My buddy from a very poor family went for completely free, they are good about Masters schollys.

"
The LA Times reports that the federal agents arrived at her house and arrested Huffman at gunpoint:

When Felicity Huffman opened the door to her Los Angeles home at 6 a.m. Tuesday, she was met by FBI agents with their guns drawn, according a source familiar with the incident. The agents informed her of the charges in a sweeping college admissions fraud case and handcuffed her, the source said. Huffman spent hours in federal custody at a detention center in downtown Los Angeles.

Huffman later posted $250,000 bail after a short court appearance, for which her husband, William H. Macy, was present. As with Loughlin and per the Justice Department’s full indictment list, she’s being charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. Loughlin’s status is listed as “[w]ill self-surrender on 3/13 in Los Angeles,” although (and for whatever reason), the FBI felt it necessary to arrest Huffman in a raid.

That difference in treatment between Huffman and Loughlin is puzzling, yet the LA Times details how Huffman not only allegedly issued a $15,000 bribe within this scheme, but she also paid a third party to game her eldest daughter’s SAT score — with drastic and quite obvious results:

Huffman’s older daughter allegedly took the test in December 2017 and received a score of 1420. That was a 400-point improvement from her first test. In October 2018, Huffman was recorded by the FBI discussing participating in the same scheme for her younger daughter; however, she did not ultimately pursue it.

Meanwhile, it hasn’t escaped notice that although Macy was not indicted as part of this scheme, Huffman’s unnamed “spouse” was apparently involved in the, uh, negotation process.

(Via LA Times)

My boy William H playing dumb when it comes to this scandal :lol: :lol:
MeaslyBeneficialGourami-max-1mb.gif

But for real, this is the craziest scandal ever.

-Some parents paying 1.5 MIL for their daughter to get into Yale

-coaches getting 500k straight cash from one parent

-dude owns 2 SAT testing sites where he paid a proctor to fix scores on tests. Dude would take the test from the student, and fill in the right answers

-students getting accepted as walk ons having NEVER EVEN PLAYED THOSE SPORTS

Like come on son, do you know how good The USC water polo team is? 14 national championships. You think being the child of a well know actor in Hollywood NOBODY would notice you made the USC water polo team? You think not one newspaper would check on that? Literally these dumbass parents just said “hmmmm yeah water polo, put me down for that, nobody will notice for sure.” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s so much money also. 500 grand from felicity Huffman is a hell of a lot straight cash. Like if Burger King paid them that much to do a nude calendar, they’d do it in a heartbeat, but they’re paying that much just so Timmy or Becky can go to football games and join a Greek fraternity?? Crazy.

My buddy from a very poor family went for completely free, they are good about Masters schollys.

I heard they are generous with the scholarships to low income and minorities, but I just have a history of not getting scholarships :lol:

As father with a child at Georgetown, I would do what ever I could to provide my child with I believe she needs. If the only thing keeping my child from graduating college was acceptance and I could grease some palms, i would consider it keeping my means in mind.

People receiving full ride athletic scholarships for sports they’ve never paid is. hilariously sad. Imagine putting in all that work for years to lose scholarship money to someone who paid for it and will never participate :lol:

Wow

People receiving full ride athletic scholarships for sports they’ve never paid is. hilariously sad. Imagine putting in all that work for years to lose scholarship money to someone who paid for it and will never participate :lol:

Wow

It’s super messed up but hilarious at the same time. One girl had never rowed Crew before and she has a profile pic on a schools website of her on the upright row machine at some local gym :lol: :lol:

The ultimate fool wylin

Well when you have the same resources to do such or if you do currently and haven’t done it I’ll beleive you. Otherwise this is one of those sounds good things folks say to me. I don’t think this way on everything but onnsome things esp online yeah and this topic is one of them ye shrug.
If my parents were crooked, I could have gotten in any school I wanted to in my home country because they are tight with some the folks who do write those preferential admission lists I previously mentioned. It's just not worth it in the long run, unless you want to work in an environment where corruption is the norm and expected of everyone.

Back
Top Bottom