Hollywood actors, CEOs charged in nationwide college admissions cheating scam

Like Shaun King said, if they’re locking up parents for lying about addresses for a better high school.

These privilege people needs to be locked up too.

These are the same people that love to brag about how hard they work and how other groups should "pull themselves up by the bootstraps". :lol:

White privilege is one big homie hookup/VIP pass.

My brother and I got kicked out of our first elementary school because they found out we didn't live in that district (used grandma's address).

Brother told the teacher where we really lived and teacher must have told the principal.

Locking people up for that is so f'd up.

Mini Aunt Becky is nice to look at but she looks like she plays with her nose in both metaphorical Hollywood instances.

I used to work at a store where both Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin shopped at and helped their kids too. Both of their kids seemed kind of like airheads, not shocked about this at all.

My brother and I got kicked out of our first elementary school because they found out we didn't live in that district (used grandma's address).

Brother told the teacher where we really lived and teacher must have told the principal.

Not that it’s the end all be all but I’ve seen this case come up 10-20 times during the beginning of every school year and the authorities are never involved in it. I don’t know why or who would get them involved

We're here discussing college

What about everything else :lol:

Religious Authorities
Charges
Jail
Trials
Jobs
Etc.

It's not what you know it's who you know
**** is a pay to play game

"
The LA Times reports that the federal agents arrived at her house and arrested Huffman at gunpoint:

When Felicity Huffman opened the door to her Los Angeles home at 6 a.m. Tuesday, she was met by FBI agents with their guns drawn, according a source familiar with the incident. The agents informed her of the charges in a sweeping college admissions fraud case and handcuffed her, the source said. Huffman spent hours in federal custody at a detention center in downtown Los Angeles.

Huffman later posted $250,000 bail after a short court appearance, for which her husband, William H. Macy, was present. As with Loughlin and per the Justice Department’s full indictment list, she’s being charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. Loughlin’s status is listed as “[w]ill self-surrender on 3/13 in Los Angeles,” although (and for whatever reason), the FBI felt it necessary to arrest Huffman in a raid.

That difference in treatment between Huffman and Loughlin is puzzling, yet the LA Times details how Huffman not only allegedly issued a $15,000 bribe within this scheme, but she also paid a third party to game her eldest daughter’s SAT score — with drastic and quite obvious results:

Huffman’s older daughter allegedly took the test in December 2017 and received a score of 1420. That was a 400-point improvement from her first test. In October 2018, Huffman was recorded by the FBI discussing participating in the same scheme for her younger daughter; however, she did not ultimately pursue it.

Meanwhile, it hasn’t escaped notice that although Macy was not indicted as part of this scheme, Huffman’s unnamed “spouse” was apparently involved in the, uh, negotation process.

(Via LA Times)

I had a mean *** middle school teacher that was tryna find evidence I was lying about my address. She lived in the neighborhood my grandmother lived in talkin bout "I've never seen you catch that bus".

Got to high school the next year and my mother would drop me off at the bus stop. That same teacher drove past me saying

"so you do live here"

I said yup

sass1.png

She would say hi to me like every morning on her way to work. She was a mean/nice lady.

If someone thinks that corruption must be accepted in a capitialist society, they lost.

You assume the bribery stops after the kid is admitted.

I have a close relative who teaches in college back home. The stories I hear from there are just sad. PhD candidates openly pay off profs who evaluate their thesis.

Profs maintain lists of students who bought their books from from them (and guarantee them a passing grade) and anyone without their name on the list can expect to fail the class.

In schools where an annual admission test is the norm, government officials routinely send lists of people they want admitted in the school. If school administrators want to do the right thing (admit those students who deserve it), they get demoted or reassigned by decree from the higher Ed ministry.

Ohh so they was boosting test scores too. If you got to do all that just to get your kid in, what makes the parents think the child will graduate? They gonna pay professors too?

Ohh so they was boosting test scores too. If you got to do all that just to get your kid in, what makes the parents think the child will graduate? They gonna pay professors too?

Once they in, I think they pull some administrative BS and transfer to an easier program. There is a ton of clout in simply having attended some of these 'prestigious' schools regardless of your major.

What's really scary is that this has been going on for decades and there are some unqualified people who might even be presidents, directors, etc... Those of us in corporate know what it's like to have some new executive come in and have absolutely no knowledge of the business but they possess academic qualifications. These cats then make bone-headed decisions that end up affecting both the company and your work situation.

Back
Top Bottom