Historically underrated NBA players.

isiah_thomas.jpg

Isiah Thomas.

Due to the fact the he played on probably the most hated great team in NBA history and also became the worst GM in NBA history, Isiah Thomas is often over looked in historical terms.

Isiah's eruption on one leg in 88 is still the most amazing thing that has happened in playoffs while I have been alive.

Dirk_Nowitzki_celebrates_09.05.02.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is one of the top 30 players in the NBA history. No one especially folks on this board will acknowledge it for a variety of reasons,. First Dirk Nowitzki has the most unathletic highlight reel in NBA history. Second the Mavericks always have a "deep" team but Dirk Nowitzki has never played with a Hall of Famer in his prime. But but but but what about Steve Nash?!?!?!?!  I've said once and I'll say it again the Steve Nash in Phoenix and the Steve Nash in Dallas where two totally different players. The second best player in the Dirk's time in Dallas is either Michael Finley or Jason Terry.

Think about this in three weeks when the playoffs start if anyone on the Mavs other than Dirk scores more than 25 points in a game you will be shocked. Every NBA championship has at least two people you have to worry about. Outside of Dirk I can't think of a Maverick player has consistently drawn a double team in the last 10 years.

isiah_thomas.jpg

Isiah Thomas.

Due to the fact the he played on probably the most hated great team in NBA history and also became the worst GM in NBA history, Isiah Thomas is often over looked in historical terms.

Isiah's eruption on one leg in 88 is still the most amazing thing that has happened in playoffs while I have been alive.

Dirk_Nowitzki_celebrates_09.05.02.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is one of the top 30 players in the NBA history. No one especially folks on this board will acknowledge it for a variety of reasons,. First Dirk Nowitzki has the most unathletic highlight reel in NBA history. Second the Mavericks always have a "deep" team but Dirk Nowitzki has never played with a Hall of Famer in his prime. But but but but what about Steve Nash?!?!?!?!  I've said once and I'll say it again the Steve Nash in Phoenix and the Steve Nash in Dallas where two totally different players. The second best player in the Dirk's time in Dallas is either Michael Finley or Jason Terry.

Think about this in three weeks when the playoffs start if anyone on the Mavs other than Dirk scores more than 25 points in a game you will be shocked. Every NBA championship has at least two people you have to worry about. Outside of Dirk I can't think of a Maverick player has consistently drawn a double team in the last 10 years.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Nobody underrates either of those guys....ESPECIALLY Zeke as a player.

I just got into a heated argument at the barber shop about both of them.

I just got into a heated argument at the barber shop about both of them.

I agree with this. I was surprised to open this thread and see Zeke, then even more surprised to see Dirk when I scrolled down.

I agree with this. I was surprised to open this thread and see Zeke, then even more surprised to see Dirk when I scrolled down.

Zeke isn't underrated.  He's just not remembered as the great player that he was.  Him retiring at 32 is the main reason.  Kids and young adults who watch NBA Entertaintment look at me funny when I tell them that Isiah Thomas actually played, and was dat damn good.

Zeke isn't underrated.  He's just not remembered as the great player that he was.  Him retiring at 32 is the main reason.  Kids and young adults who watch NBA Entertaintment look at me funny when I tell them that Isiah Thomas actually played, and was dat damn good.

I think he means in terms of these guys in history, not saying they aren't appreciated at all.

I came in looking for a name like Jeff Hornacek.

I think he means in terms of these guys in history, not saying they aren't appreciated at all.

I came in looking for a name like Jeff Hornacek.

On a historic scale, I can agree with Dirk. While it is hard to know since he is still active. But he is a very unique talent considering his size/shooting ability. I think Dirk is a great player but there is just something that is holding him back in terms of people appreciating him on a national level. But then again, I might be basing my decision on the marketing aspect of the game.

FOlks that know ball know what Dirk is about.

On a historic scale, I can agree with Dirk. While it is hard to know since he is still active. But he is a very unique talent considering his size/shooting ability. I think Dirk is a great player but there is just something that is holding him back in terms of people appreciating him on a national level. But then again, I might be basing my decision on the marketing aspect of the game.

FOlks that know ball know what Dirk is about.

For the record I think Isiah Thomas is the second best PG ever most people I talk to think that's absurd.

For the record I think Isiah Thomas is the second best PG ever most people I talk to think that's absurd.

Back
Top Bottom