Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone else not get their check today? The site says it’s unable to determine if I can get one even though I filed 2018 but not 2019 yet.

Economy is gonna hit rock bottom. No doubt about it.

I been saying sports were a wash for this year. Concerts, conventions, any large scale gatherings are finito.

I hate to say it but 2021 is best case scenario. It's not a definitive forecast, we need legit treatment, a vaccine, something.. or that could be extended out even further

It's hard to fathom. I get it. That's just the nature of this beast

I can see "dining-in restaurants" AND possibly movie theaters (Cinemark is about to announce some action plan on attempting to re-open before the end of the year) making some kind of resurgence at the end of this year though, so I don't see this being a total wash yet.............BUT YEAH, kiss them concert tour dates, conventions, and all that **** good bye until 2021.

We are going in circles here. Like I said if the full time staff are up in arms about the temp pay you guys should tell management you don't need them. Tell them you're happy to work all the hours the temps are working. Either that or you can quit and work somewhere where they'll pay more, just like the temps would. Maybe the full time rns can become temps themselves at another hospital.

I'm willing to bet your rn friends wouldn't be willing to do that... Acclimating yourself to a new hospital when covid is everywhere doesn't sound like fun...

*edit

After thinking about it, I see what you're saying. While the temps are on orientation, the case load for the regulars are the same because the temps aren't yet assigned regular assignments yet.

So in the short term it doesn't feel yet that you're getting help.

But in the long term once these temps are up to speed that'll be a load of your shoulders.

Your friends shouldn't be short sided and complain about the temp pay because every hospital desperate for nurses are offering the same pay. If your hospital didn't bid the same zero temps would be coming to your hospital, the way that temps are in demand right now, they will just go where the money is at.

Why can’t the hospital offer both? Incentivize and pay temps well, while also taking care of their home staff with a pay increase?

I can see "dining-in restaurants" AND possibly movie theaters (Cinemark is about to announce some action plan on attempting to re-open before the end of the year) making some kind of resurgence at the end of this year though, so I don't see this being a total wash yet.............BUT YEAH, kiss them concert tour dates, conventions, and all that **** good bye until 2021.

For movie theaters.

Why can’t the hospital offer both? Incentivize and pay temps well, while also taking care of their home staff with a pay increase?
Lol. If the hospital doesn't raise permanent staff pay to match temp pay, will the the permanent rns leave?

There's your answer.

RfsSFi8.jpg

:rofl:

Will we get to see Trump get smacked with a chair when the economy opens?

giphy.gif

So basically your position is shut up and do your job and don’t complaint about being unfairly underpaid.....hmmm
No, that's not it at all.

If they wanted to treat you unfairly they would just pocket their money instead of paying over market value to bring in outside help.

If they don't bid at 3x the market value you'd lose all potential help to competing hospitals.

Idk how many times I have to explain this.

I give up. I guess you guys like being worked to the bone and putting yourself at extra risk to contract covid 🤷‍♂️

I know what you're saying you want. You're saying you want the help AND the money. Sometimes in life you can't get both and you have to choose

Look. You live in ny right? Some of these temps, I'm sure you know, don't live in ny. Some are flying in from across the country to help out. Why would somebody fly to covid central to work at a hospital they're unfamiliar with if they can get the same pay at a hospital half an hr from where they live?

Last edited:

:rofl:

Will we get to see Trump get smacked with a chair when the economy opens?

giphy.gif
God damn it. I f***ing give up.

Back
Top Bottom