Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dont think I'm about that mask life. That's just a bridge too far for me in my mind. I'm as worried as the next guy, but I'm not giving up my fresh air for air through cotton. That's wild.

Like, I've been through the ups and downs of this like most folks in this thread. I have accepted life is changing majorly and uncertainty is still the biggest thing in the air. I now work from home. My kids havent been out the home in 7 days...my life has changed.

But wearing masks for every day life would jar me.

I dont think I'm about that mask life. That's just a bridge too far for me in my mind. I'm as worried as the next guy, but I'm not giving up my fresh air for air through cotton. That's wild.

Like, I've been through the ups and downs of this like most folks in this thread. I have accepted life is changing majorly and uncertainty is still the biggest thing in the air. I now work from home. My kids havent been out the home in 7 days...my life has changed.

But wearing masks for every day life would jar me.
that's too bad, to be honest.

We're in a world where you gotta take calculated risks. Thats definitely a risk not really worth taking IF you can do something about it.

I went grocery shopping yesterday.

wore masks and gloves

the grocery store also installed a plexiglass barrier to protect the cashier

all the cashiers wear masks and gloves

limited the number of customers in the store
taped 6ft lines to the cashier

The spray the shopping baskets with lysol

lotto tickets have moved Online

I dispose of my gloves after leaving the grocery store And use hand sanitizer in my car

gonna try to avoid the grocery store for another 2 weeks

This will just cause greater shortages in hospitals
Truthfully, I think they are getting the message out now because a lot of business have stopped normal production and have turned their manufacturing lines into a way to help battle this pandemic.

A lot more companies are making masks now than they were 2 weeks ago. Shortage may be avoided, even if we are advise to buy them.

I think it is important to wear a mask indoors, just a little common sense that if you are in an enclosed space that you are at a way higher risk because of the lack of air circulating. Outdoors you are probably fine as long as you aren't up on top of people. Even all the research about the virus staying in the air is in enclosed spaces like buses and cruise ship rooms.

If our immune system can't handle walking by someone outside in the park or on the sidewalk with Covid, then we have no hope of returning to a normal society of packed churches, airplanes, conferences, etc.

Truthfully, I think they are getting the message out now because a lot of business have stopped normal production and have turned their manufacturing lines into a way to help battle this pandemic.

A lot more companies are making masks now than they were 2 weeks ago. Shortage may be avoided, even if we are advise to buy them.
While production may have increased I’m doubtful of the ability to efficiently distribute them to those that need them.

america has more than 300m people

We have to see how the next couple days go, but New York may be one of the few states in the US where the rate of coronavirus is actually slowing down (Washington being the other).

A mandatory lockdown would've been good 2 weeks ago, which is pretty much what they already did.

If this news is true, this is just Trump being weeks late on an action but trying to save face.

Remember when he shut down travel from Europe like that was going to do anything?

We have to see how the next couple days go, but New York may be one of the few states in the US where the rate of coronavirus is actually slowing down (Washington being the other).

A mandatory lockdown would've been good 2 weeks ago, which is pretty much what they already did.

If this news is true, this is just Trump being weeks late on an action but trying to save face.

Remember when he shut down travel from Europe like that was going to do anything?
This news to me is a precursor for what the rest of the nation may receive.

A full lockdown has me a bit spooked. I'm not one to head out all willy nilly, but I wouldn't like explaining why I'm out the house anytime I left.

I remember when this thread was just periodically updated with the latest news. Now I can't even keep up. And it's only been a little over 2 weeks :smh:
I remember following it when it was under 50 pages, took me three hours to catch up the last couple hundred pages :smh:

WaterloggedDistantDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Not true, hospitals have shortages now. They're reusing mask.

And the prices of existing items have multiple dramatically.

Most companies can't just turn over what they're producing that quickly. It's going to take days if not weeks.

Then once they're produced it's going to take time to get them to hospitals and then the people. This isn't some quick process.

It's kinna crazy. They originally said the surgeon's masks won't work for viral particles, but with the same breath said not to buy them out because the doctors and nurses will need them. So they work for doctors and nurses, but not for regular ppl? 🤔

How our government doesn't have a stock pile of masks for times like this is crazy. If they had a reserve of masks and basic hospital supplies, then they wouldn't have needed to spread that lie in hopes of conserving masks just for the medical field.

Keeping in mind there is a process to fit them properly, if not they may be less affective for vapors. Understandable, but a mask is better than no mask, especially in crowded areas.

Back
Top Bottom