Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
You said "ONLY" in your post, did you not? I literally said "it might not be as common" after the part you bolded. Yes you are at lower risk of dying, but it's not risk free as you clearly stated in your initial post :lol:
I made that mistake, but it doesn’t change my initial point. There’s less high risk people then those who are not, wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper to just quarantine them?

But it only kills older and already sick people and once you’re recovered, you can’t spread it. So wouldn’t it make sense to just let the healthy work it out? If I heard the briefing correctly, the goal is to stop those who high risk from contracting it, not for it to stop altogether. It’s the MJ of viruses. You can’t stop only hope to contain it.
Bro the point ppl are trying to make is that you can look healthy but transmit it without knowing, and bring the virus to others who will get seriously sick.

I made that mistake, but it doesn’t change my initial point. There’s less high risk people then those who are not, wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper to just quarantine them?

Fam..."high risk" refers to risk of dying or falling extremely ill. It doesn't refer to risk of contracting the virus and then spreading it to other people who are "high risk"...there are elementary-high school kids contracting the virus without symptoms and then spreading it to their teachers and parents

I could get the virus today and not even know it (same as many people my age), but I can still spread it to my 58 year old dad who has lung cancer, aka a "high risk" individual

How do you determine who within the 300 million ppl in the u.s is "healthy" or not? Ontop of that, reports are coming in of younger ppl getting infected and seriously ill. Plus not to mention we aren't 100% sure whether or not this virus can mutate into something more deadly. This virus is still not 100% understood. We are literally lab rats at this point so there is alot of unknowns. Untill then, the smartest thing we can do is to quarantine.
I thought we had testing now. Again, according to the briefing the goal is to protect the high risk, not stop people from catching it.

Bro the point ppl are trying to make is that you can look healthy but transmit it without knowing, and bring the virus to others who will get seriously sick.
Ain’t nobody trying to infect others. People just don’t want to give up the little freedom we got because someone might get sick. That crazy!

Ain’t nobody trying to infect others. People just don’t want to give up the little freedom we got because someone might get sick. That crazy!
th

I thought we had testing now. Again, according to the briefing the goal is to protect the high risk, not stop people from catching it.
Not enough tests for everyone my friend. Have you been tested yet? They are only providing test to ppl who show symptoms.

Seriously? If that's how you feel, link up with picasso swerve picasso swerve and go on an overseas vacation with this mentality. Please don't come back until there's a vaccine
A vaccine that ain’t gonna be free... and it’s gonna be mandatory. Y’all got it. Stay inside, stop living till someone tells you it’s safe.

Do you think things through at all? Let's play your scenario out.

Let the "young healthy" people out. Quarantine old people. Young healthy people get sick, 50% don't show symptoms. 40% get sick, 5% die or need hospitalization.

You're going to count on that 50% who show know symptoms to never come into contact with elderly/at-risk people? That 50% will continue to go out and spread it to more younger healthy people and the cycle continues.

Old people need to go out and buy essentials and run errands too. The 5% who need hospitalization will put a strain on hospitals as they become sick around the same time.

The only effective way of managing this is mass quarantining as the disease is too new and the hospitals are clearly overwhelmed. Give up temporary freedom for the sake of everyone else and stop being so shortsighted. People like you can't see past the one night of fun you may miss out on. Frustrating as f

🤦‍♂️

This kind of thinking is the crux of the problem.

I really wonder if these people have any type of family when they completely disregard the fact that they can spread it to the elderly. Either they hate their parents or they were disowned by them; those are the only two possibilities I can think of when they're basically saying "@#@$ old people, I'm gonna live my life". A lot of resentment and neglect/abandonment issues behind this mentality

You must make bread to ask a question like that

how do you get that impression? one thousand dollars is not gonna keep the wolves from the door that long.

you telling me if this thing stretches for s i x months, you´re good with ten hundred dollar bills?

or does that math change significantly with a single unexpected event?

just ONE company decides to start collecting bills again before August when the world opens again and...

Let the "young healthy" people out. Quarantine old people. Young healthy people get sick, 50% don't show symptoms. 40% get sick, 5% die or need hospitalization.

You're going to count on that 50% who show know symptoms to never come into contact with elderly/at-risk people? That 50% will continue to go out and spread it to more younger healthy people and the cycle continues.

Old people need to go out and buy essentials and run errands too. The 5% who need hospitalization will put a strain on hospitals as they become sick around the same time.

The only effective way of managing this is mass quarantining as the disease is too new and the hospitals are clearly overwhelmed. Give up temporary freedom for the sake of everyone else and stop being so shortsighted. People like you can't see past the one night of fun you may miss out on. Frustrating as f
People are still in a bit of denial of the whole scope of the situation. They want a quick solution without having to think of the logistics so they can go bowling again.

A vaccine that ain’t gonna be free... and it’s gonna be mandatory. Y’all got it. Stay inside, stop living till someone tells you it’s safe.
This is why you shouldn't conflate SARS with cov19 even if you can say both come from the same family.

Sars was easier to eliminate cuz it was most transmittable when the patient is symptomatic. Isolate the symptomatic patients from the asymptomatic population and boom, you did your job.

Not the case with cov19.

It's mentalities like yours that's going to make it difficult to deal with the virus as a population.

Last edited:

One night of fun? Dude I’m worried about people with jobs who aren’t getting sick time, the undocumented who work and aren’t going to get this supposed check that’s coming. The crime rate that’s about to spike that’s about to come from the frustration of only being able to work and sleep.

People are still in a bit of denial of the whole scope of the situation. They want a quick solution without having to think of the logistics so they can go bowling again.

Dude really wants to keep hitting up these Southern sausage fest beach parties being posted all over social media. Good for him for "living his life" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom