Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
So instead of shutting down all of America, why don’t we just quarantine those who are high risk and let the healthy work it out?

no way to know who is healthy and who isn’t. Tons of people (mostly younger) seem to be asymptotic.

The purpose of quarantine is to limit the spread by identifying the infected or letting th virus pass from asymptomatic carriers.

However, without mandated lockdowns our country is still doing a half rate job at containing the virus, young people still going out and kicking it/ spring breaking. Everyone is hitting the grocery stores/ dmv’s. Hell its a necessity that we feed kids that would otherwise be fed only at school but it could very well lead to transmission.

Just from following this thread it’s kinda easy to see why we will need more than 2 weeks if we really want to contain this thing.

Because that encourages people who are carrying the virus to just careless spread it around for who knows how long...

no way to know who is healthy and who isn’t. Tons of people (mostly younger) seem to be asymptotic.

The purpose of quarantine is to limit the spread by identifying the infected or letting th virus pass from asymptomatic carriers.

However, without mandated lockdowns our country is still doing a half rate job at containing the virus, young people still going out and kicking it/ spring breaking. Everyone is hitting the grocery stores/ dmv’s. Hell its a necessity that we feed kids that would otherwise be fed only at school but it could very well lead to transmission.

Just from following this thread it’s kinda easy to see why we will need more than 2 weeks if we really want to contain this thing.
But it only kills older and already sick people and once you’re recovered, you can’t spread it. So wouldn’t it make sense to just let the healthy work it out? If I heard the briefing correctly, the goal is to stop those who high risk from contracting it, not for it to stop altogether. It’s the MJ of viruses. You can’t stop only hope to contain it.

ITALY DEATH TOLL FROM CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK SURGES BY 475 TO 2,978, HIGHEST DAILY RISE YET RECORDED- OFFICIAL

TOTAL NUMBER OF CONFIRMED CASES OF CORONAVIRUS IN ITALY RISES TO 35,713 FROM 31,506 ON TUESDAY - OFFICIAL

But it only kills older and already sick people and once you’re recovered, you can’t spread it.

This is false. It might not be as common, but there are documented cases of younger people dying or being in critical condition (as in would die without treatment). Also, people who have recovered from the virus have contracted and spread it again.

And even if it were true, you don't think there are young people who have relatives who are in their 50s, 60s, with health conditions, etc?

Whoever said that "the biggest mistake was telling people that younger people are safe" was spot on. Add that with the typical young American's "I'm invincible/health suggestions don't apply to me" mentality, and it's a recipe for reckless behavior

Last edited:
But it only kills older and already sick people and once you’re recovered, you can’t spread it. So wouldn’t it make sense to just let the healthy work it out? If I heard the briefing correctly, the goal is to stop those who high risk from contracting it, not for it to stop altogether. It’s the MJ of viruses. You can’t stop only hope to contain it.

So much misinformation out there fam. It certainly affects young and healthy people as well. There are cases that are being reported of people in their 20s who were fairly healthy with no preexisting conditions.

With that said there’s literally no telling how it will impact/ affect you or others around you. It’s just not worth the risk.

C'mon man smh

They just turned a hotel in Marietta into a quarantine site.

The people just bought it and were about to start renovations to become a nice hotel. Around a $6-7 million renovation...

Under the current law, which just got enact , they can seize your property and force your business to do what they want.

Last edited:
This is false. It might not be as common, but there are documented cases of younger people dying or being in critical condition (as in would die without treatment). Also, people who have recovered from the virus have contracted and spread it again.

And even if it were true, you don't think there are young people who have relatives who are in their 50s, 60s, with health conditions, etc?

Whoever said that "the biggest mistake was telling people that younger people are safe" was spot on. Add that with the typical young American's "I'm invincible/health suggestions don't apply to me" mentality, and it's a recipe for reckless behavior
According to who

The elderly and people with chronic diseases have the highest risk. If you're not sure if you're at a higher risk, talk to your doctor," said Dr. Susan Bleasdale, a spokesperson for the Infectious Diseases Society of America.

COVID-19 is a new disease and we are learning more about it every day. Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19. Based upon available information to date, those most at risk include

Man I’m 30+ and I’ve seen my friends continue to move reckless. That misconception is gonna get a lot of people young and old killed.

According to who

The elderly and people with chronic diseases have the highest risk. If you're not sure if you're at a higher risk, talk to your doctor," said Dr. Susan Bleasdale, a spokesperson for the Infectious Diseases Society of America.

COVID-19 is a new disease and we are learning more about it every day. Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19. Based upon available information to date, those most at risk include

You said "ONLY" in your post, did you not? I literally said "it might not be as common" after the part you bolded, so why are you sending links that confirm what we already know? Yes you are at lower risk of dying, but it's not risk free as you clearly stated in your initial post :lol:

But it only kills older and already sick people and once you’re recovered, you can’t spread it. So wouldn’t it make sense to just let the healthy work it out?

This is false!!!

So wouldn’t it make sense to just let the healthy work it out?
How do you determine who within the 300 million ppl in the u.s is "healthy" or not? Ontop of that, reports are coming in of younger ppl getting infected and seriously ill. Plus not to mention we aren't 100% sure whether or not this virus can mutate into something more deadly. This virus is still not 100% understood. We are literally lab rats at this point so there is alot of unknowns. Untill then, the smartest thing we can do is to quarantine.

According to who

The second part of your post basically contradicts the first part. It clearly states adults of any age, and that’s still just counting the higher percentage. With a 3% mortality rate (that appears to be higher in some parts). Do you really wanna be part of that group or cause someone u love (hell maybe even kinda like) to be part of that group.

Back
Top Bottom