Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
SARS is a different disease

Three of the coronaviruses can have more serious outcomes in people, and those diseases are SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) which emerged in late 2002 and disappeared by 2004; MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome), which emerged in 2012 and remains in circulation in camels; and COVID-19, which emerged in December 2019 from China and a global effort is under way to contain its spread. COVID-19 is caused by the coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2.

WavyThatLabradorretriever-size_restricted.gif

China? Like the China we were in “trade wars” with. Man, it would be smart not to buy things from China, it might come with the corona...
you do realize the cell phone you proably typed this with is made in china, the shoes and everything in your home probably made in china. Americans are for too dependent on made in china goods. ain't happening.

you do realize the cell phone you proably typed this with is made in china, the shoes and everything in your home probably made in china. Americans are for too dependent on made in china goods. ain't happening.
Ya boy would really like it to happen. Wasn’t he planning on “bringing jobs back to America”?

Cobb county (Atlanta) has testing Drive Thru Ramps Up!

they’re having infrastructure issues right now- including the database startup.

There are now 176 cases and 4 deaths in New Orleans. 2 of the deaths are at the Lambeth House retirement home, where there were a dozen cases as of yesterday.

Three of the coronaviruses can have more serious outcomes in people, and those diseases are SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) which emerged in late 2002 and disappeared by 2004; MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome), which emerged in 2012 and remains in circulation in camels; and COVID-19, which emerged in December 2019 from China and a global effort is under way to contain its spread. COVID-19 is caused by the coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2.
Just because they both evolved from a coronavirus doesn't mean they're the same disease. In the same paragraph you're quoting it clearly says that Sars is a disease that emerged in 2002 and disappeared in 2004.

Read the paragraph again, it even lists Sars, mers and cov19 as different coronaviruses. *edit* I mean three different diseases caused by a coronavirus

Last edited:

This is an unreal thread on what will happen if we don’t do anything

The study doesn't take into account deaths caused by conditions unrelated to covid-19 but left unaddressed while hospitals are responding to the pandemic.

There are now 176 cases and 4 deaths in New Orleans. 2 of the deaths are at the Lambeth House retirement home, where there were a dozen cases as of yesterday.

Nursing homes seem to attract covid-19.
Just because they both evolved from a coronavirus doesn't mean they're the same disease. In the same paragraph you're quoting it clearly says that Sars is a disease that emerged in 2002 and disappeared in 2004.

Read the paragraph again, it even lists Sars, mers and cov19 as different coronaviruses.
How did SARS disappear, yet is causing Covid-19 according to the quoted text?

As you illustrated, Coronavirus is an umbrella term that encompasses several viruses correct? So technically what we are talking about in this thread is COVID-19 which is a coronavirus that is derived from SARS-COV-2. Meaning that regardless, the topic is COVID-19?

I am not asking that in a hostile tone, just making sure I understand the distinctions. A lot of the panic I think is caused by poor semantics and this is a very nuanced situation. I just want to make sure I am accurately speaking to others because there is a lot of misinformation out there which I do not want to contribute to.

They're all coronaviruses, just as 1918 influenza pandemic and H1N1 and the seasonal flu are all influenza. Specific strains get specific names, but they're still coronaviruses.

There's a slight distinction between the virus and the disease, but typically they get used interchangeably. Technically, SARS-CoV-2 is the virus and Covid-19 is the disease. The full names are really Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 and Coronavirus disease 2019.

what industries besides healthcare will not be effected by coronavirus?

My wife is an attorney who specializes in estate planning and litigation related to this. We were talking about this yesterday and she thinks it will increase her business as money gets scarce and people look for ways to protect theirs and fight over money that they may be entitled to. Also, many people will be looking to get things lined up in the event that they do contract the virus.

Last edited:
As you illustrated, Coronavirus is an umbrella term that encompasses several viruses correct? So technically what we are talking about in this thread is COVID-19 which is a coronavirus that is derived from SARS-COV-2. Meaning that regardless, the topic is COVID-19?
Not quite.

SARS-COV-2 is the virus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome_coronavirus_2

COVID-19 is the disease caused by it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_disease_2019

Read the paragraph again, it even lists Sars, mers and cov19 as different coronaviruses.
That’s my point tho. Why are we still calling it the coronavirus when there are multiple coronaviruses? There are common coronaviruses. If people are being tested for coronaviruses and not COVID-19 numbers could be wildly inflated.

Back
Top Bottom