Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Figure this might be a decent place to ask besdies the TAN. Anyone here familiar with private healthcare insurance, PPO’s and that kinda thing?

0511481D-D67D-42ED-AAC3-DA8DFE7035BC.gif

24 cases in Michigan yesterday according to the data.

This tells me the vaccine is working.
So again, I’m comfortable not wearing my mask at work.

I haven’t seen cases that low since this whole thing began.

If Delta variant spreads faster, I'm assuming we should see the numbers by now after 4th of July celebration. Or does it still take at least a week to show any symptoms if any? I've been keeping an eye on my local news for any new cases, but so far no breaking news.

If Delta variant spreads faster, I'm assuming we should see the numbers by now after 4th of July celebration. Or does it still take at least a week to show any symptoms if any? I've been keeping an eye on my local news for any new cases, but so far no breaking news.

As far as I can tell Fresno County has completely stopped reporting case numbers. Maybe it's being published somewhere else, but I can't find up to date information anymore.
EDIT: The state site shows some more up to date information, but recent days are listed as pending so there's gotta be some problem with data collection/reporting.

Blake P Blake P I start using CA tracking site. Scroll down the page a little and you can type the county to look up. Not sure if it's accurate. The latest # is from 7/4. Local ABC News is pretty spot-on on reporting any development. I just hope our county stays in the low.

https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

Blake P Blake P I start using CA tracking site. Scroll down the page a little and you can type the county to look up. Not sure if it's accurate. The latest # is from 7/4. Local ABC News is pretty spot-on on reporting any development. I just hope our county stays in the low.

https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/

Thank you. I guess our county health department took the week off...

Meanwhile, COVID is starting its summer 2021 USA leg of the Delta World Tour!
E50m3EoVcAQWTwv.jpg

Last edited:
The updated guidelines note that fully vaccinated staff and students may not need to wear masks at school. (But because of the CDC order requiring masks on public transportation, they would have to mask up on school buses.) For students too young to be vaccinated at this time, the CDC suggests multiple strategies to reduce the risk of transmission: notably, mask-wearing for ages 2 and up and physical distancing when possible of a minimum of 3 feet in indoor school settings (even when children are vaccinated).

They will eventually say you will need a 4th. its an annual shot basically if you want the protection.

I wonder if/when a multi-variant vaccine might be introduced. It's strange to me that FDA requires new trials when a company wants to change the vaccine to cover a new variant. By the time they've completed trials there's a new VOC wreaking havoc. I'm no expert, but it seems like they should constantly (at least quarterly) be updating the vaccines to include the most recent VOC's.

I wonder if/when a multi-variant vaccine might be introduced. It's strange to me that FDA requires new trials when a company wants to change the vaccine to cover a new variant. By the time they've completed trials there's a new VOC wreaking havoc. I'm no expert, but it seems like they should constantly (at least quarterly) be updating the vaccines to include the most recent VOC's.
Probably when the T-virus variant comes around is when that will happen.

I’m guessing at some point they will have to adjust how the vaccine is approved and administered. They will have to move into a different phase at some point where it’s not about control anymore.

Masks rules change on a daily basis.
I work at a University medical center and we of course have to wear masks in the building and even in small offices (I'm in IT with a few other vaxxed folks so we haven't been actively wearing them in our small office for some time but do anytime leaving the office in the building). Then the university is requiring all students and staff on the regular campus to be vaxxed by this Sept and stated masks will be optional for all vaccinated but will still be required on public transportation, college buses, in medical buildings and any other buildings there are signs saying its required.

Back
Top Bottom