Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
So when’s the point the unvaccinated are left to fend for themselves and governments brush off any new surges? Sorry we told you so sort of thing.

Is it true that msg allow ‘photos’ of a vaccine card? I guess we’ll know soon enough who’s telling the truth and maybe who’s lying. Maybe all the maskless wackos have natural herd immunity? Wouldn’t that be something. Aren’t they also sharing shared bathrooms and concourses and entry/exit ways and means of transportation?
I think it’s soon for the ones that don’t want the vaccine. That’s one of the reasons masks are not required anymore. There are enough resources and beds available now too.

Cases continue to plummet. Even if not everyone's vaccinated, those who are unvaccinated are benefiting from the vaccine too because there's fewer people who can carry and spread the virus now.

We're still short of the vaccination level needed to avoid any new outbreaks, but we're at a point where even an outbreak would be pretty self-limited.

edit: Actually... I'm forgetting about 1) ~30% have been infected already and 2) many who are unvaccinated (young children) aren't really that risky to being with. So even though we're at 50% with at least one dose of the vaccine, the true "protection" level is closer to 70%. Given heterogeneity in vaccinations, infections, and spread, we may already be at a herd immunity level in many places.

Last edited:
Life has been good lately. Been traveling. Just hopped off a plane yesterday. Having fun. Going out. Going to nba games. Disney world. Movies. Restaurants. Gym. Mall. Life feels close to regular.

Fully vaccinated. Still masked when it feels crowded. Or in stores that require. Mask off in open space and free.

Was in SD last weekend. Outside, no one wearing a mask. Compared to LA where I still see people wearing a mask outside.

Interesting article. So according to the times, recent study shows that ppl who've got covid and were later vaccinated may have lifetime immunity, or close to it, but the vaccinated who have never got covid may still need booster shots.

Have to trust the vaccine in general. Vaccine is far more effective than masks ever were.
So my mom had her 70th bday this year. We threw a party. Tell my wife the plan and she says she ain't going. I ask why? She says "there's a whole pandemic going on." In the most loving way I could I asked her well why the hell did you take the vaccine? I didnt want her to feel like she had to go or that her fears were irrelevant. But I did want her to understand that excuse needs to be scaled back as it lost a good portion of its weight once we were fully vaccinated. Time to see if the vaccine actually worked or not.

So my mom had her 70th bday this year. We threw a party. Tell my wife the plan and she says she ain't going. I ask why? She says "there's a whole pandemic going on." In the most loving way I could I asked her well why the hell did you take the vaccine? I didnt want her to feel like she had to go or that her fears were irrelevant. But I did want her to understand that excuse needs to be scaled back as it lost a good portion of its weight once we were fully vaccinated. Time to see if the vaccine actually worked or not.

Agreed. They are saying the vaccine is a medical advancement and I trust it fully. Data shows it works and case numbers show it works as well. The risk will never be zero so ultimately you have to live with it.

Ppl need to stop saying masks aren't effective just because they don't wanna wear one.

I was in direct contact with known covid positive ppl multiple times and I'm still covid free... So yea... It works lol.

Yupe I have to agree with this since I also had close contact in the past. My wife also had run into many exposures from her employees who were exposed and tested positive. Luckily we've been OK, always wear mask when and where we should, and fully vaccinated now. Until my kiddo got the 2nd dose in 3 weeks and 2 weeks after, I can be more relaxed.

Ppl need to stop saying masks aren't effective just because they don't wanna wear one.

I was in direct contact with known covid positive ppl multiple times and I'm still covid free... So yea... It works lol.
Agreed. Masks that fit snug and are made of quality materials are incredibly effective. Cheap masks worn under the nose or those that don’t seal against the face properly aren’t effective though and that’s about 90% of what I see on a daily basis.

192587272_10225384259734871_407963510135136556_n.jpg

Unless everyone at the party is vaccinated she has a point. The one vaccinated person at an indoor gathering can be asymptomatic and spread infection to all who aren't vaccinated, even resulting in a super spreader.

Unless everyone at the party is vaccinated she has a point. The one vaccinated person at an indoor gathering can be asymptomatic and spread infection to all who aren't vaccinated, even resulting in a super spreader.
Which is why I said I didnt want her to make it seem like her feelings were irrelevant.

And what I'm going on to say now is definitely based in selfishness. But we went the majority of the year last year seeing no one in our family. We took the vaccine in early March. And my mother's 70th bday is a big deal. If there was ever a time to test out if the vaccine protected us from serious infection, it was definitely for my mother's 70th bday. Plus, masks were still required for the party though hardly inforced once we began to eat.

Coming up on 2 weeks removed from the party and so far, so good. I actually was most particularly worried about my mother herself as she has continued to refuse the vaccine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom