Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know, Blake P, but these vaccines still need to be transported. And not everyone will be taking these vaccines at the same time.

Also the second dose thing. Considering the three week gap in between doses everyone administering this will need o be able to store those Pfizer vaccines for long periods.

There are logistical hurdles for Pfizer that Moderna doesn't have

Last edited:
I know, Blake P, but these vaccines still need to be transported. And not everyone will be taking these vaccines at the same time.

Also the second dose thing. Considering the three week gap in between doses everyone administering this will need o be able to store those Pfizer vaccines for long periods.

There are logistical hurdles for Pfizer that Moderna doesn't have

I totally understand, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as you think... at least I hope not. I would imagine the manufacturers will have the correct freezers to store them perfectly until they are shipped. They should be shipped in large batches packed in dry ice and will only break the cold chain once they are unpacked and broken into smaller batches for local hospitals and clinics who won't be receiving thousands of doses at once. I know for a fact that many local hospitals (ignoring obvious challenges in other parts of the world) don't have access to ultra cold freezers, so they can only store them at normal freezing temperatures. They should last weeks to months at those temperatures and demand should be high enough that they won't need that much time at all. Of course, this is an incredibly simplified example, but it's my best understanding of the situation as it stands today.

I took a quick look at what you posted. And I'm not seeing where it says Pfizer vaccine can be stored at normal freezer temps for months at a time.

I do see that it says that for the J&J vaccine though

Please expand. AFAIK, this vaccine was developed in combination with NIH. Are you saying the conflict of interest is that the federal government stands to benefit financially from the vaccine? Are you concerned that data will not be peer reviewed and verified by independent third parties? While I understand the skepticism, I will be confident in it once it clears the appropriate scientific review process.

Do any of you really anticipate regular citizens having the choice of which vaccine we take? I seriously doubt doctors offices will have them all available and we can pick and choose the one we want like we're at McD's or something.

So someone from Moderna board of directors is put in charge of operation warp speed?

*edit

Looks like he still has stocks in Moderna smh

He should've been forced to sell his stocks

Last edited:
So someone from Moderna board of directors is put in charge of operation warp speed?

*edit

Looks like he still has stocks in Moderna smh

He should've been forced to sell his stocks

You obviously haven’t watched the way the trump swamp functions now have you?

If Tony Fauci says the vaccines are good then I'm good with it. Imma be like..

source.gif

Extra tren in the vaccine.

I’m not panic buying a damn thing. I didn’t last time I’m not going to now. Had me eating some weird food I normally don’t buy. :lol:

"I want to share some exciting news with you. After months of diligent work by our COVID Vaccine Task Force and our hospital leadership, we have received confirmation that *********** is pre-positioned to receive a shipment of the COVID-19 vaccine next week, which has been produced and tested by Pfizer, and submitted for emergency use approval by the Food & Drug Administration"

There are other effective vaccines that require two shots and proper storage conditions.

The issue here is that candidates have not been monitored long enough.

Every vaccine has its short term adverse effects (arm pain, swelling, runny nose, headache, etc). These might affect someone from maybe 1 day to max a week. But there are other vaccines that are super effective yet we found out that patients were reporting pancreatitis and appendicitis years down the line (Gardasil).

Edit - Not tryna scare anyone here into not getting it when available. Vaccines are important. Keep in mind these are rare cases (<1 %). Pharmaceutical companies have to just report every reaction a patient complains about. Since the Covid vaccines are under a microscope there will be a new reaction (exaggerated in most cases) coming out every day.

Last edited:
Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use two doses.

By year's end, they predict a combined 70 million doses in the USA, which would equate to 35 million people getting vaccinated (although I'm not 100% sure about the 70 million). That's more than enough to vaccinate the ~20 million health care workers in this country.

They should have a combined 2 billion doses next year, of which the USA has secured 200 million. There are also a bunch of other potential vaccines. In total, the USA has secured 1 billion doses, although of course not all the potential vaccines will pan out.

Either way, we should have enough people vaccinated by spring 2021 (or even winter 2021) to begin to see a reduction in transmission of covid-19. Roughly, I predict 20% will be vaccinated by then and 20-30% have already been infected and will have at least partial immunity. Covid-19's days are numbered. Just weather the storm these next 3-6 months.

Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use two doses.

By year's end, they predict a combined 70 million doses in the USA, which would equate to 35 million people getting vaccinated (although I'm not 100% sure about the 70 million). That's more than enough to vaccinate the ~20 million health care workers in this country.

They should have a combined 2 billion doses next year, of which the USA has secured 200 million. There are also a bunch of other potential vaccines. In total, the USA has secured 1 billion doses, although of course not all the potential vaccines will pan out.

Either way, we should have enough people vaccinated by spring 2021 (or even winter 2021) to begin to see a reduction in transmission of covid-19. Roughly, I predict 20% will be vaccinated by then and 20-30% have already been infected and will have at least partial immunity. Covid-19's days are numbered. Just weather the storm these next 3-6 months.
If there was an easy way to tell who already had immunity (B and T cell, not just antibodies), we could allocate the available vaccines more efficiently. Someone who has had COVID likely already has immune response to last until the vaccines are more widely available.

Back
Top Bottom