Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://apple.news/AL1z6rSuqQrGI3bOKSF2Oyg

56EF2C16-58AE-4621-A57E-34BDF3EFEDE1.gif

Super promising news about two potential vaccines. Question for those in the medical field....how comfortable or safe do you feel a vaccine is being that it was pushed out this quickly. I’m excited but also hesitant. Don’t want any serious side effects to come about. Not an anti vaxxer by any means...just a regular guy with anxiety and frustration levels at 100 😂

There's never been a vaccine made this quickly before.

Also no one has any ideas about the long term side effects.

Added to that is that Pfizer and Moderna are using mrna technology which has never been used for a vaccine before.

So there's a lot of unknowns.

I'm just going to have to trust that even though the vaccine was expedited, that they didn't cut any corners.

I'll take it whenever it's made available to me.

To be fair, it shouldn't be surprising people don't follow simple rules to avoid getting sick. The irony of saying "mOrE pEOplE dIe fRoM ciGaRetTeS" is hilarious. You're literally admitting that Americans are so dumb that they will continue smoking cigarettes knowing they will likely get sick and die from it but they'd rather die from it because they CHOSE to.

20 million people get infected with an STD every year. That's not because condoms don't work like people say masks don't work. It's because people would rather ignore simple **** that'll prevent STD because it's what they CHOSE to.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of stupidity .
QFT

There's never been a vaccine made this quickly before.

Also no one has any ideas about the long term side effects.

Added to that is that Pfizer and Moderna are using mrna technology which has never been used for a vaccine before.

So there's a lot of unknowns.

I'm just going to have to trust that even though the vaccine was expedited, that they didn't cut any corners.

I'll take it whenever it's made available to me.
Well let’s think about this too, none of us regular people are getting it any time soon. We’ll get to see firsthand what happens with the people that take it first

This is exactly what I've been saying, but for some reason people keep believing the ~3 month antibody headlines that are measuring the IgG antibodies in blood. IgG antibodies naturally wane months after an infection is cleared, but B cells will make more once your body recognizes a particular virus that it has previously encountered. Memory T cells and B cells should continue to provide long lasting immunity in healthy adults as long as the virus doesn't experience significant mutations that change it enough so that those cells no longer recognize it as a harmful foreign substance. Keep in mind, vitamin D plays a significant role in immune response and acts as a switch to turn on those B cells to start cranking out antibodies. If you are vitamin D deficient, it's possible that the B cells might not act fast enough to create antibodies that will eradicate the virus. There are many other factors (stress, lack of sleep, medications) that can also slow immune response, but vitamin D is critical IMO. If you aren't on at least 1,000 IU of vitamin D supplement, there is no better time to start.

For those interested, this morning Dr. Campbell discussed this subject in much more detail and cited specific studies.

Well let’s think about this too, none of us regular people are getting it any time soon. We’ll get to see firsthand what happens with the people that take it first

The irony is the vacinne will be given to first responder. What happens if it has side effect? They need to be given the the politician and public official first. :evil:

As a relatively healthy young adult and medical professional, I am completely ok with forgoing the vaccine for the time being. Despite the number of resources put into it to fast track, not comfortable until I read the completed phase III trials and maybe even the peer reviews.

I'd still recommend getting it to my patients with any underlying conditions or are of the 50+ crowd.

As a relatively healthy young adult and medical professional, I am completely ok with forgoing the vaccine for the time being. Despite the number of resources put into it to fast track, not comfortable until I read the completed phase III trials and maybe even the peer reviews.

I'd still recommend getting it to my patients with any underlying conditions or are of the 50+ crowd.
exactly how i feel

As a relatively healthy young adult and medical professional, I am completely ok with forgoing the vaccine. Despite the number of resources put into it to fast track, not comfortable until I read the completed phase III trials and maybe even the peer reviews.

I'd still recommend getting it if you any underlying conditions or are of the 45+ crowd.

What's the chance that medical professionals (and other essential workers) won't have a choice if they want to retain their jobs? Are other immunizations (annual flu, for example) required?

What's the chance that medical professionals (and other essential workers) won't have a choice if they want to retain their jobs? Are other immunizations (annual flu, for example) required?

The annual flu shot is required. If you refuse you have to wear a mask. Vast majority get their flu shot.

I'd say 75% of my coworkers have already declined to receive the covid vaccine in a recent survey.

Local hospital does have flu exemptions for the staffs if they are qualified. Normally they would wear mask during flu season whenever they are within hospital. I am not sure if they'd provide an exception for Covid. Unless it causes allergic or any side effect, I assume they have no choice at this moment.

not just schools
but restaurants and retail need to close now
my guess is the week after thanksgiving cases will explode around the country

it's so cold today in nyc i'll be honest i'm afraid to leave my apt because i don't want to be around anyone that might be sick

When's the last time there was such a huge investment of human capital & $$$ to make a vaccine? I'll wait.
I dont think that matters. Companies clinical trials/studies take as long as they do not because the industry isnt in a rush, but because that's how long it takes. I do respect those who are willing to be the first to take it though...

I dont think that matters. Companies clinical trials/studies take as long as they do not because the industry isnt in a rush, but because that's how long it takes. I do respect those who are willing to be the first to take it though...

The fact that we're in the middle of a global pandemic has definitely an impact on the amount of resources directed toward the vaccine, as well as the ability to test the efficacy of vaccines in phase 3 trials because there's no shortage of willing participants or people being infected with the disease. It often takes much longer to wait and see if people get infected before being able to analyze that data.

While we're on the topic of vaccines, here's a new video that compares everything we know about the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines so far...

Back
Top Bottom