Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My hospital actually creates financial incentives for employees who get their flu shot. Think I got ~$150 extra in my paycheck after getting the flu shot.

They'll probably end up doing the same for the COVID vaccine when it becomes available.

Man I wish I could get xtra $150.....they only give us ice cream if we get flu shot.

I dont think that matters. Companies clinical trials/studies take as long as they do not because the industry isnt in a rush, but because that's how long it takes. I do respect those who are willing to be the first to take it though...

Just to confirm, you want the clinical trials/studies to last longer than what we are currently asking for? Which phase are you most worried about?

Man I wish I could get xtra $150.....they only give us ice cream if we get flu shot.
Yeah my hospital isn't perfect, but they definitely do a good job when it comes to incentivizing employees to do the right thing or better themselves. We also get a $1,000 holiday bonus for every additional certification we obtained that year, which works out in everyone's interests.

All other problems are dealt with via pizza parties. :lol:

not just schools
but restaurants and retail need to close now
my guess is the week after thanksgiving cases will explode around the country

it's so cold today in nyc i'll be honest i'm afraid to leave my apt because i don't want to be around anyone that might be sick

Bruh

be safe. They need to do it asap

I miss when the city on pause for a bit. We need to tighten up.

Yeah we tried to make it work, but
its-time-shut-this-down.gif

My company hopes they can secure vaccines to give to employees in the summertime. They are probably gonna add getting one to the healthcare incentive checklist. This is basically things we have to do in order to receive a $1200 bonus deposited into our HSAs.

I hope I can get my vaccine from them. The nurses they be getting now know how to pamper a brotha. :smokin

Plus they be coming through will bundt cake and refreshments

I'm not going to CVS for a shot ever again, **** that.

clubs and bars in OKC just made their open times earlier to be able to close by 10 :lol: people don’t learn man. I feel bad that they’re getting zero help but they also vote trump here so I’m not feeling THAT bad :lol:

I get the concern the folks that don't want to take the vaccine when it comes out have but my question for yall is what would be the appropriate length of time for development and testing for you to be comfortable taking the vaccine? 2 years? 3? or is there an amount/specific type of test data you're waiting on. I hear the vaccine is being rushed a lot but I'm sitting here thing damn if this is rushed then how long should this have taken?

Just to confirm, you want the clinical trials/studies to last longer than what we are currently asking for? Which phase are you most worried about?
I'm not sure what "we're" asking for in a timeline. Im assuming a 3 year study condensed into a year is what is being done which is what I'm concerned with.

I think the vaccine is going through everything any other vaccine would go through. The timeline isn't being condensed because they're cutting corners. If anything, this fall surge of covid-19 has sped it up because they're getting the efficacy data faster. If covid-19 was rare, it may take years before they'd get enough infections to see a clear benefit.

I don't think ya'll should be worried about the vaccine being "bad". There's so many scientific eyes and dollars going into vaccine that these vaccine companies aren't trying to fumble this. Also information in science community spreads fast because of all the collaboration that goes on. we were able to get the COVID19 genetic sequence data in Jan and folks were all over it asap to figure out what's going on

TLDR; it should be okay :lol:

I think the vaccine is going through everything any other vaccine would go through. The timeline isn't being condensed because they're cutting corners. If anything, this fall surge of covid-19 has sped it up because they're getting the efficacy data faster. If covid-19 was rare, it may take years before they'd get enough infections to see a clear benefit.
This.

If anyone can cite some evidence as to how this vaccine is being "rushed" or how safeguards are being circumvented, I'm open to having my mind changed. Some of the critiques sound like diet anti-vax rhetoric though.

I don't think ya'll should be worried about the vaccine being "bad". There's so many scientific eyes and dollars going into vaccine that these vaccine companies aren't trying to fumble this. Also information in science community spreads fast because of all the collaboration that goes on. we were able to get the COVID19 genetic sequence data in Jan and folks were all over it asap to figure out what's going on

TLDR; it should be okay :lol:

let us know how it goes.

I'll take the Pfizer vaccine. Moderna has way too many conflicts of interest and ethical issues for me to consider taking anything from them.

I'll take the Pfizer vaccine. Moderna has way too many conflicts of interest and ethical issues for me to consider taking anything from them.

Please expand. AFAIK, this vaccine was developed in combination with NIH. Are you saying the conflict of interest is that the federal government stands to benefit financially from the vaccine? Are you concerned that data will not be peer reviewed and verified by independent third parties? While I understand the skepticism, I will be confident in it once it clears the appropriate scientific review process.

Do any of you really anticipate regular citizens having the choice of which vaccine we take? I seriously doubt doctors offices will have them all available and we can pick and choose the one we want like we're at McD's or something.

Moderna might have the upper hand in distribution for now.

Pfizer needs to be stored in extra cold freezers and requires two shots.

I don't really have confidence in the public especially to get that second shot.

Moderna might have the upper hand in distribution for now.

Pfizer needs to be stored in extra cold freezers and requires two shots.

I don't really have confidence in the public especially to get that second shot.

While I share your concerns, they don't NEED to be stored in those extra cold freezers unless they are being stored for long periods of time. They are still viable at higher freezing temps, just not as long.

Back
Top Bottom