Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have no dog in this fight, but if you watched the video there seems to be evidence of efficacy with the proper dosage. Apparently the prior doses being tested were far too high.
To me it's just a matter of balancing the data and the arguments. We've already gone through many rounds of trials and analysis of whether HCQ is effective. Maybe there's some vast conspiracy by pharmaceutical companies to suppress HCQ's use, but it would require coordination with hospitals and clinicians to fabricate these trials and to be willing to sustain higher death rates.

We saw what happened with that one study that claimed HCQ was not effective (I think it was published in the Lancet). Within a day or two, people noticed irregularities with the data and I believe it was retracted. And I think that all came down to a single individual (from a data analysis firm), not some massive conspiracy.

My understanding is the good studies on HCQ didn't just show an increase in adverse events. They also failed to show efficacy. Reducing the dosage would reduce both. Until someone shows me a RCT that shows efficacy, it's time to move on from HCQ. Other drugs have shown efficacy despite being involved in fewer studies. When you need 10 or 20 studies to find one that shows HCQ is effective, then you are playing the losing statistical game. Just by random chance, 1 of those 20 studies will show an effect.

If it wasn't for Trump and others making a big deal out of HCQ, we wouldn't have heard anything about it, much like the many other ineffective drugs that have been tried for covid.

That's my perspective... I only watched a couple minutes of the video so my apologies if I'm misrepresenting anything.

None???
I can tell you for sure the Mount Sinai hospital network in NY was using it. I’m sure many others were and still are.
It was used previously, especially as part of various studies at the time, but I don't know of any clinical practice guidelines that encourage its use.

In particular, the guidelines I'm looking at say not to use HCQ in hospitalized patients unless it is part of a clinical trial. Same goes for the use of HCQ as prophylaxis.

If any major hospitals are still using HCQ outside of a clinical trial, please correct me.

It was used previously, especially as part of various studies at the time, but I don't know of any clinical practice guidelines that encourage its use.

In particular, the guidelines I'm looking at say not to use HCQ in hospitalized patients unless it is part of a clinical trial. Same goes for the use of HCQ as prophylaxis.

If any major hospitals are still using HCQ outside of a clinical trial, please correct me.
This was during the height of the pandemic march/April. It was in the guidelines for treating patients. I don’t know if it’s still being used.

To me it's just a matter of balancing the data and the arguments. We've already gone through many rounds of trials and analysis of whether HCQ is effective. Maybe there's some vast conspiracy by pharmaceutical companies to suppress HCQ's use, but it would require coordination with hospitals and clinicians to fabricate these trials and to be willing to sustain higher death rates.

We saw what happened with that one study that claimed HCQ was not effective (I think it was published in the Lancet). Within a day or two, people noticed irregularities with the data and I believe it was retracted. And I think that all came down to a single individual (from a data analysis firm), not some massive conspiracy.

My understanding is the good studies on HCQ didn't just show an increase in adverse events. They also failed to show efficacy. Reducing the dosage would reduce both. Until someone shows me a RCT that shows efficacy, it's time to move on from HCQ. Other drugs have shown efficacy despite being involved in fewer studies. When you need 10 or 20 studies to find one that shows HCQ is effective, then you are playing the losing statistical game. Just by random chance, 1 of those 20 studies will show an effect.

If it wasn't for Trump and others making a big deal out of HCQ, we wouldn't have heard anything about it, much like the many other ineffective drugs that have been tried for covid.

That's my perspective... I only watched a couple minutes of the video so my apologies if I'm misrepresenting anything.

I’m with you 100%. If it was anyone else I wouldn’t even bother posting, but Dr. Campbell has been very honest and accurate from the start and I trust that he doesn’t play with politics or conspiracy. He’s advocating for further testing at these lower doses to confirm the results before jumping to conclusions and I agree.

So maybe hydroxychloroquine works after all?

I trust Dr. Campbell and he seems convinced the prior dosages being tested were wrong.

I think the problem was the white house touting HCQ as some kind of miracle cure that everyone should go out and buy/prescribe and then the scientific/medical folks had to scream out "no that's not how this works dumbass". Also this is a retrospective study, valid but doesn't hold as much weight as a RCT since it's not controlled start to finish. Some points from the journal article:

independently associated with a lower in-hospital mortality rate compared to patients treated with supportive care only, even after adjustment for age, major comorbidities and disease severity at admission

positive results with the analysis, awesome.

Not surprisingly, HCQ has been less administered in several groups of patients with pre-existing conditions or co-medications which corresponded to contra-indications of its use (cardiac and renal diseases).

not so good, HCQ can't be given to patients with certain pre-existing conditions: heart disease and diabetes. So fatass Americans are out of the picture :lol:

While both CQ and HCQ have in vitro antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2 [3,4,9], concerns about a real antiviral activity in vivo have emerged early in the pandemic based on previous experience in other viral infections [33]. Antiviral efficacy of HCQ in humans has been poorly studied so far with adequate methods

lab testing in petri dishes showed anti-viral activity but not so much in live humans. I skimmed through the article and other articles and no one can figure out how/why it works against a virus. It's crazy.

Questions have also been raised whether safe HCQ dosages are sufficient to reach antiviral activity in target pulmonary cells

So a low dose HCQ that's safe isn't effective in terms of preventing spread to the lungs or stopping lung fibrosis/chronic lung issues. Big time catch-22.

Overall any ray of sunshine on this ish-show is nice but we need to know how it works and live, real-time testing and monitoring to make sure it works as advertised without any problems. thanks for sharing the article Blake P Blake P

Six feet may not be enough to protect against coronavirus, experts warn

Public health experts are reevaluating guidelines for safe social distancing amid growing evidence that the novel coronavirus can travel farther than six feet under certain conditions. A team of infectious-disease experts argues in a new analysis that six-feet protocols are too rigid and are based on outmoded science and observations of different viruses. Other researchers say six feet is a start — but only a start, warning that more space is almost always better, especially in poorly ventilated areas indoors.

if an idiot like me knew this months ago why is this news now ?

I administerd 26 flu shots yesterday. Thats the most I've ever done in a day and we're still in August. One of many reasons. People are already protecting themselves with masks and those who you couldnt ever convince to get a annual flu shot are getting it now.

wow 26 in one day
thats alot and as you said it's still august

i was thinking of getting one but i haven't got a flu shot in many years also as i have got older i seem to have allergies
if you don't mind me asking you what state are you in ?

Last edited:
Today's numbers. Down to 40k cases/day (which will translate to ~600 deaths/day). Question is, what baseline are we headed towards? 30k cases and 500 deaths every day, or will it go lower?

More people getting the flu shot, people wearing masks, less daycare/school days.

Professional opinion is there will be very little flu cases this year compared to past years.
This makes sense. Less people out in crowds and constant hand washing too should lower flu rates.
What I don’t get is why people are willingly injecting themselves with a strain of the flu that will most likely be wrong just like last year. No way they get the shot right this year. Heck we don’t even know how the flu is going to react with Covid around or if the seasonal flu will morph into some monstrosity.

This makes sense. Less people out in crowds and constant hand washing too should lower flu rates.
What I don’t get is why people are willingly injecting themselves with a strain of the flu that will most likely be wrong just like last year. No way they get the shot right this year. Heck we don’t even know how the flu is going to react with Covid around or if the seasonal flu will morph into some monstrosity.

The annual flu vaccine includes 3-4 different strains of influenza. They aren’t perfect, but are often ~50% effective. And even if the strain has mutated, your symptoms should be less severe if you are infected. I don’t understand what you mean by saying the flu will “morph into some monstrosity”...

Bruh :smh:

I’m in Los Angeles and I have no idea how I got it. I haven’t left my house in almost 3 weeks.

These are the stories that really bug me out. Do you have roommates? Did you have company come visit? Groceries delivered?

Sorry to hear about that though man, make sure you get your rest and some sunlight everyday if you can.

the stuff is in the water supply if he hasn't seen anyone for 3 weeks... Just speculation i have no idea...

I got my second test last week and negative. I was with my parents and my mom's coworker tested positive( works in a retirement home) but luckily no one else infected.

These are the stories that really bug me out. Do you have roommates? Did you have company come visit? Groceries delivered?

Sorry to hear about that though man, make sure you get your rest and some sunlight everyday if you can.
There has to be more to it. Does he live in an apartment with shared touch surfaces like elevators, laundry, mail room, garbage chute, etc? Even those people who are mostly staying home have SOME contact with the outside world, even if it’s brief. Otherwise, mail/packages, food packaging, or deliveries would be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom