Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Something I was surprised to hear (but probably shouldn't) is that NONE of the vaccine trials (in the US, at least) include anyone under the age of 18. I understand the ethics behind this, but never really considered that children will be given a vaccine that was never tested on minors. Does anyone know if common vaccines (flu, for example) are the same dose for children and adults?

How yall feel about AAU, private runs, pickup games, etc? Theres a bunch of IG accounts of up and coming kids running fulls, private type of runs or just people at the park playing competitive ball. I know here in NYC everyday theres people playing 5’s. Were staying pretty low with the cases, cant speak for other states where these runs are happening but without digging too deep it looks like its alright.

Being on disability (for severe Crohn's Disease) over the last 6 months, I can't play, but I also kinda realized, at 44, I can't keep playing with these kids half my age at the gym. Not because I can't hold my own (I'm 6' but I can still shoot pretty darn well, and when I drive to the basket, I just have to choose my spots to do it), but because if I get hurt (before disability) I'm possibility out of work for a bit and not getting paid. These young guys, a lot don't worry about getting hurt as most aren't married with a mortgage at their early 20s.

So I'm glad I stopped playing. I'll still go to the park on occasion if I'm feeling well enough (Crohn's is awful and without a restroom nearby, it makes doing things outside of home, extremely difficult) to go outside for a little exercise (I gotta exercise a little while on disability) I'll go to an empty park to shoot by myself. Even if for 20 minutes, it's something.

If I was 100% healthy, I still wouldn't play with a group. Being a transplant patient, can't risk getting the virus and really messing me up. It's kinda why I got back into tennis back in 2018. A great sport you can do alone with a wall nearby or a ball machine (which I do have). Much safer and a perfectly socially distancing sport.

And to answer the other discussion on pick up games. I detested shirts vs skins!! Hated it so much!! That's a big NO in today's world!

375A088C-05B9-4C37-93E2-485D78448166.gif

What masks are you guys wearing to exercise outdoors? Looking for a good mask with a valve for biking around town as the cloth masks I wear for biking get extremely hot.
I saw Under Armour is coming up with an athletic inspired mask with breathable materials but it doesn’t have a valve.

I personally think if you are doing outdoor activity and can maintain social distance, a mask isn't necessary. I don't wear mask while Im running. I read reviews on UA masks, and some said it is too big.

Asics has better design IMO, but not available just yet.
AW20_ASICS%20RUNNERS%20FACE%20COVER_HowToWear_Desktop_1600X800.jpg

I personally think if you are doing outdoor activity and can maintain social distance, a mask isn't necessary. I don't wear mask while Im running. I read reviews on UA masks, and some said it is too big.

In NY it isn’t possible to even Do outdoor activities At a distance. I get more runners going by me blowing their hot breath everywhere than anyone else.

What masks are you guys wearing to exercise outdoors? Looking for a good mask with a valve for biking around town as the cloth masks I wear for biking get extremely hot.
I saw Under Armour is coming up with an athletic inspired mask with breathable materials but it doesn’t have a valve.

For outdoor exercise where you won't be near other people, a basic earloop procedure mask should be sufficient. The Adidas masks seem to be highly regarded in terms of comfort and breathability. If you're looking to protect yourself, I'd go with a KN95.

This might be the move. I need one for when I cycle as well. Been running into way too many people.

Anyone know of a good cotton neck gaiter? I hear fleece is terrible, and can potentially make it worse if you sneeze.

Just realized Labor day weekend is in 2 weeks. Probably won't be going anywhere smh.

Back
Top Bottom