Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since you guys are on the topic of face mask.. make sure you aren’t wearing one of those neck warmers as a mask. Studies have shown that they are least effective form of protection. Around my way it’s usually the maga type, outdoor, big truck boys wearing em.
Did it say why? They seem to be more fitted to the wearers face than some of the other over the ear type masks.

Did any of these multi million dollar for profit universities think to test incoming students before starting in person classes? I’m sure some people showed up on day one already positive.
Same can be done by all schools with returning students. Or are the schools just as “broke” as the states and the USPS?

There's no known cases of transmission via food. (this was in April, but I can't find anything indicating that this has changed)

I found that 130-150 degrees inactivated SARS, so a sear would be more than enough, but even that is unlikely.

The more likely and bigger worry is bacteria in the food.
I always cook my salmon at 425 for 20 minutes in the oven and it's delicious. That kind of heat should kill any and all bacteria that may be prevailant.
Same info I found and I cook my Salmon the same way but what has me worried is the conditions it was in. Also forgot to mention the person taking the orders and packing the food had no masks or gloves on.

Did any of these multi million dollar for profit universities think to test incoming students before starting in person classes? I’m sure some people showed up on day one already positive.
Same can be done by all schools with returning students. Or are the schools just as “broke” as the states and the USPS?
It varies wildly.

The best prepared have mandatory frequent (2-3x per week) testing of every single student, a mandatory 2-week quarantine when returning to campus, and strict rules about social distancing and masks.

But then a lot of them are just trying to figure it out as they go. And they're going to get ******.

giphy.gif

Reopening a college campus backfires hard, wow, who could have seen this coming....checks notes.....anyone with sense.

Did it say why? They seem to be more fitted to the wearers face than some of the other over the ear type masks.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought the same thing about the gaiter since it would be an easier thing for a lot of people to wear, BUT it's not as effective as other mask-types for infection prevention due to the way particles spread.

My read of the study was that the gaiter-type mask will disperse infectious particles even more than a non-mask wearer because of the gaiter fabric creating smaller particles that will travel farther and linger in the air longer than larger particles that will travel shorter distances and fall due to their weight.

Decent image rendering I found that illustrates the concept:

Seeing is believing: Effectiveness of facemasks

Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought the same thing about the gaiter since it would be an easier thing for a lot of people to wear, BUT it's not as effective as other mask-types for infection prevention due to the way particles spread.

My read of the study was that the gaiter-type mask will disperse infectious particles even more than a non-mask wearer because of the gaiter fabric creating smaller particles that will travel farther and linger in the air longer than larger particles that will travel shorter distances and fall due to their weight.

Decent image rendering I found that illustrates the concept:

Seeing is believing: Effectiveness of facemasks

CNN did a whole piece on this:

This too
The initial Duke study appears flawed. They had minimal participants, trials, and only studied direct talking. Many mask types may Be better for running, heavy breathing etc. and the gaiter type they used was fleece. Most of the ones I see are polyester blends.

This is what you call finesse. The director of student housing probably has a goal of x amount of room occupied for the academic year. If they hit it, they get a promotion or bonus or whatever. They schools knew the risk of having students return. But if Ralph, Susan and Waqas have that scholarship/ loan money deducted for the dorm, the school takes a W, gets the $ and the student takes an L. Now Susan sitting up in the dorm stuck like Chuck cause her classes are online. She will want to stay on campus and go out a lot to avoid going stir crazy. Now imagine 1000s of people just like her. If they keep the campuses open to let the student live there, they a definitely out here pulling the fraud scheme of the year.

This situation with schools opening back up should help everyone see that in some ways, it’s every man for himself. An average American business man will let you congregate at his establishment, no problem. However, it’s buyer beware. It’s sad if you get the rona but who really gives a f, I don’t know you (speaking from businessman perspective) All I know is I have to pay for my daughters college tuition and the mortgage. Everything is all good cuz you won’t be able to sue me thanks to trump. Oh and while I’m screwing you, I’m getting screwed by the college by paying for pre recorded lectures Instead of face to face lectures, as intended.

Same info I found and I cook my Salmon the same way but what has me worried is the conditions it was in. Also forgot to mention the person taking the orders and packing the food had no masks or gloves on.

No gloves & no mask?!!! Yeah, NOPE!! I'll get something else for dinner.

some of these conferences really going through with college football :wow:

Really interested to see if they get to kickoff week 1

College football situation def resembles our country. Some conferences said no while other ones acting like the world is fine

This is incredibly disappointing. If UMich, with their world-class medical school and engineering departments, hasn't figured out a way to get enough tests for all their students, maybe they shouldn't be bringing students back on campus.

Instead they are making a disingenuous argument that testing was harmful in containing the AIDS epidemic.

Pathetic.

(Mark Schlissel is the president of UMich)

Since you guys are on the topic of face mask.. make sure you aren’t wearing one of those neck warmers as a mask. Studies have shown that they are least effective form of protection. Around my way it’s usually the maga type, outdoor, big truck boys wearing em.

yep. This is the little D big truck boys uniform around my way
A135FF12-9209-45A1-8583-64610AB1A9E1.jpeg

I live about 30 min from UNC and 15 min from NC State and I can say without a shadow of a doubt it's way worse than what they're reporting. NC state for one is very conservative and they're withholding test results.

It's so many colleges close together in NC it is not uncommon to have kids from 4-5 different schools, as well as their high school friends who aren't enrolled at school at parties. All it takes is 1 dorm resident to get it and then the whole building is infected.

My four years of undergrad I made so many dumb decisions (thankfully none of them impacted my life in a bad way outside of a hangover) expecting these 18-22 year olds to be responsible was never a real thing.

It's like putting a steak in front of your dog and telling him not to eat it. Sure while you're looking they will behave but the time you turn you back half of it will already be gone.

Some of yall will jus believe anything. Yes there are materials that are less loose knit that stop more micro organisms than other materials. Has very little to do with the style. They're jus saying typically those masks are made and worn for sun and wind so they arnt designed to be a finely woven filtration material.

For its I tended purpose the neck mask is 99.5% the same damn thing bruh

Back
Top Bottom