Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does anyone have a ballpark figure for what one of those rapid 15 minute test machines costs? It's crazy to me that the standard tests that are performed most commonly at testing centers in my county are taking about 3-5 days to schedule a test, then 10-14 days for results to come back, but there is an urgent care facility that can provide results within 15 minutes. It's no fancy place, but they obviously made the investment and are providing a great service for those who are willing to shell out $235 for a same day appointment and rapid results.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe California is in the process of adding a bunch of results that had been backlogged for whatever reason, so it may skew the national figures somewhat for the next few days. For example, it was reported that yesterday's figures included more than 6k of backlogged cases and I thought it was said that the total backlog was like 250k. Once that backlog is fully processed, I'm hoping the daily case numbers will appear much lower. Once that happens, I'm afraid many people will celebrate the lower figures by going out and creating new ones again...

I wish, but is China not only dropped the ball, they probably also hid it. That meant, we had very little reaction time and it required a lot of political courage. Some national leaders stepped up and stopped the clock, but even in the places, that initially got control of the situation, this is something that requires continued management both on a global, national, local and personal level.

this is the best thing i've read since i started posing on this thread
i agree 1000%

Does anyone have a ballpark figure for what one of those rapid 15 minute test machines costs? It's crazy to me that the standard tests that are performed most commonly at testing centers in my county are taking about 3-5 days to schedule a test, then 10-14 days for results to come back, but there is an urgent care facility that can provide results within 15 minutes. It's no fancy place, but they obviously made the investment and are providing a great service for those who are willing to shell out $235 for a same day appointment and rapid results.
hope this might help

Last edited:

Mine cost $150 and got the results back in 30 minutes

Haven't been a Carolla fan since he turned full-blown Facebook grandpa, but this rant seems fitting given our resistance to bite the bullet, shut as much as we can down, and ride this out until it gets better:

where do you buy the machine online ?

Pretty sure he means that's how much he paid for the TEST, not the machine. The only reason I asked about the price of the machine was because it's hard to believe a small urgent care has one, but many hospitals/labs don't and all of the free (fed/state sponsored?) testing centers in the county are taking over 2 weeks from the time you make the appointment to the time you receive your results, at which time you will likely have already recovered or be in ICU.

Last edited:
My aunt is throwing a going away party for her daughter (my cousin)
But my cousin told me she has a cough/sore throat, but she's scared to tell her strict mom
And she asked me not to tell anyone
Auntie already sent out invites to the family

When is snitching appropriate?
:stoneface:
Dm me the number. I'll call moms and tell her the deal.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom