HELP: I want a Mac for college, suggestions?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Just get the most basic MacBook.
The truth is, if your not a big computer person, we all know the only thing you are going to use your laptop for is ...

Word processing

FaceBook

Taking funny pictures

NikeTalk

pr0n

On the side note, if you buy a MacBook now, you get a free iPod touch at the Apple store, so jump on that.

This.
Unless your doing like a certain major that requires a lot computer use, I'd say just get the basic 13-inch Macbook (or PC hehehe).

I would buy the Macbook Pro though, when I entered college the Pro was only like $100 extra. 

You can also switch the free iPod Touch for a discount on an iPod Classic or an iPad.

I also got a free printer with my Mac.

I would definitely go for the 13" MB Pro. That's what I did when I started college two years ago. The only way I would buy a pc is if you are a finance major and have to do a lot of excel work, or you can just run MS on your mac.

I would definitely go for the 13" MB Pro. That's what I did when I started college two years ago. The only way I would buy a pc is if you are a finance major and have to do a lot of excel work, or you can just run MS on your mac.

Also make sure you can figure out the MacOS before you dive into school without MS Workshops and no idea how to use the track pad.
You should be gravy doe.

Also make sure you can figure out the MacOS before you dive into school without MS Workshops and no idea how to use the track pad.
You should be gravy doe.

Im a dj and I like the screens to be big so I got the 15 inch. I love it. A lot of djs have a 13" and I constantly see them squinting their eyes or being extremely close to the screen. No Bueno. For the 15", some people might complain of the weight but whatever. Deal with it.

Im a dj and I like the screens to be big so I got the 15 inch. I love it. A lot of djs have a 13" and I constantly see them squinting their eyes or being extremely close to the screen. No Bueno. For the 15", some people might complain of the weight but whatever. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Rumors are the back the school special this year will come with an ipod or a discount on a ipad ($200 off).

you know how long that will last for? I'm looking to get a Macbook too, but I wont be able to get it till like a month or so cause I dont have the money right now. I don't wanna miss out on that deal

Rumors are the back the school special this year will come with an ipod or a discount on a ipad ($200 off).

you know how long that will last for? I'm looking to get a Macbook too, but I wont be able to get it till like a month or so cause I dont have the money right now. I don't wanna miss out on that deal

i just got the new 15 MBP and i love it but i know i will probably never get to use all the power.. its just like buying a car, yea your car can go 160mph but will you ever take it to the limit?

go with what you like!

i just got the new 15 MBP and i love it but i know i will probably never get to use all the power.. its just like buying a car, yea your car can go 160mph but will you ever take it to the limit?

go with what you like!

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

end of summer

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

end of summer

Get the 13 inch one if its just for schooling and upgrade its processor to the i7 Core and buy the extra RAM from a 3rd party. If you really want to get the best buy change the HD to a SSD. Those would be the only upgrades I would do.

Get the 13 inch one if its just for schooling and upgrade its processor to the i7 Core and buy the extra RAM from a 3rd party. If you really want to get the best buy change the HD to a SSD. Those would be the only upgrades I would do.

question op, do you want a mac because your scared of viruses or you just really like mac os? 

question op, do you want a mac because your scared of viruses or you just really like mac os? 

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

or because their reliability, customer service, and longevity is pretty good?

Originally Posted by aFamous

or build quality and overall aesthetics?

macbook air is the hottest notebook out @%$# is crazy clean.

Originally Posted by aFamous

or build quality and overall aesthetics?

macbook air is the hottest notebook out @%$# is crazy clean.

Back
Top Bottom