HELP: I want a Mac for college, suggestions?

Contemplating getting the 15 inch Mac book pro. Not a big computer person, just need the basics. Should I go 15" or 13"?

Contemplating getting the 15 inch Mac book pro. Not a big computer person, just need the basics. Should I go 15" or 13"?

no need to spend the extra money on the 15"
I got a 13" last august and at this point i would rather die than live without it.

no need to spend the extra money on the 15"
I got a 13" last august and at this point i would rather die than live without it.

Just get the 13". The 15" seems unnecessary unless you need the bigger screen for a specific reason. I converted from PC to the 13 macbook pro over a year ago and havent looked back. They are kind of pricey though.

Just get the 13". The 15" seems unnecessary unless you need the bigger screen for a specific reason. I converted from PC to the 13 macbook pro over a year ago and havent looked back. They are kind of pricey though.

Just get the most basic MacBook.
The truth is, if your not a big computer person, we all know the only thing you are going to use your laptop for is ...

Word processing

FaceBook

Taking funny pictures

NikeTalk

pr0n

On the side note, if you buy a MacBook now, you get a free iPod touch at the Apple store, so jump on that.

The truth is, if your not a big computer person, we all know the only thing you are going to use your laptop for is ...

Word processing

FaceBook

Taking funny pictures

NikeTalk

pr0n

On the side note, if you buy a MacBook now, you get a free iPod touch at the Apple store, so jump on that.

Just the basics? Get a PC, spec-for-spec pc will be atleast $250 cheaper. Or if you really want a mac, I don't see the need to go Pro if basics is all you need. Not trying to advertise one or the other, personally I think I'm one of the few that is satisfied with both PC and Mac.

Just the basics? Get a PC, spec-for-spec pc will be atleast $250 cheaper. Or if you really want a mac, I don't see the need to go Pro if basics is all you need. Not trying to advertise one or the other, personally I think I'm one of the few that is satisfied with both PC and Mac.

I just need to wait for the back to school special. I called Apple and the lady didn't know when the iPod deal starts.. I'm leaving for college the 22nd so I hope it comes out before then

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Word processing

FaceBook

Taking funny pictures

NikeTalk

pr0n

This.
Unless your doing like a certain major that requires a lot computer use, I'd say just get the basic 13-inch Macbook (or PC hehehe).

I would buy the Macbook Pro though, when I entered college the Pro was only like $100 extra. 

You can also switch the free iPod Touch for a discount on an iPod Classic or an iPad.

I also got a free printer with my Mac.

I just need to wait for the back to school special. I called Apple and the lady didn't know when the iPod deal starts.. I'm leaving for college the 22nd so I hope it comes out before then

Back
Top Bottom