HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

I liked how real life hit them when they thought they was gonna throw hands.

The line was literally a woman saying "She got a gun!"

DB439CAC-2A4C-421F-AE0F-83FB1E35FFCE.gif

The more I look at comments/tweets from women as these seasons progress I see this show is showing that it's a woman's show that us men enjoy. This season focusing on Molly and Issa's friendship dissolving is something that really resonated with a LOT of women out here.

but, it's been said Molly and Issa friendship is obviously lacking in that much needed conversation but they both assume that the best option is to basically to "suffer in silece" for the sake of getting along. Life don't work out that way, can't remember where I seen the quote but it goes something along the lines of "don't smile/laugh when somebody hurts you because they'll kill you and say that you enjoyed it"

The more I look at comments/tweets from women as these seasons progress I see this show is showing that it's a woman's show that us men enjoy.

This was apparent from the very first episode.

It's obvious in every aspect of the show and its so in your face from the jump.

From casting the most handsome men while not making the same effort to have equally as good looking women (with a few exceptions, Condola needs her cheeks beat IMMEDIATELY).

To the writing- the best male characters are either given small roles (Issa's brother, Lawrences best friend, Lawerence's other friend Derek [shout out my old friend Wade Allain-Marcus!]) or completely written off the show (Dro).... all the way down to the conversations about the show on Issa's "Wine-downs". The convo always comes back to women, their perspective, their outlook, their needs and so on.

Nothing wrong with it being a female-centric show AT ALL, it's just that there was never any attempt to make anyone believe that it wasn't that type of show at any point.

Damn look like Issa might have beef with Issa in the mirror next :lol:

Was gonna give Issa mad props had she actually did that. Kyla Pratt a d her friends foul.

Last edited:
This episode made it seem like they might be moving towards cutting molly out next season.

Issa better than most because either a fade or the yoppa would’ve came out if some strangers did that wildness.

This episode made it seem like they might be moving towards cutting molly out next season.

Issa better than most because either a fade or the yoppa would’ve came out if some strangers did that wildness.

It looks like next week is an entire Molly/Andrew episode. Nobody else was in the trailer.

+ Yvonne Orji w/ a new standup on HBO...doesn't seem like they would move away from her.

It looks like next week is an entire Molly/Andrew episode. Nobody else was in the trailer.

+ Yvonne Orji w/ a new standup on HBO...doesn't seem like they would move away from her.
Didn't even peep the next episode preview. I retract my previous statement.

This show settleed into the “comfortable zone” that alotta series get in after multiple seasons...It’s always gon be a cycle of Issa/Molly beef and Issa/Lawrence “will they or won’t they?” At this point ...They good cuz the main audience (chicks) eating these plot points up, it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom