Have you ever picked up and just moved away?

Seattle
Portland
Denver
Southern Cal

All places I'm considering. Any input would be absolutely appreciated. Bear in mind I'm coming from the northeast (Boston).

all nice cities with Denver being LCOL

go to silicon valley sir..I kno I would

Sorta did, but not really.
Got frustrated not being able to find a job, but then got a job offer to teach in China (decent money). I had friends teaching there already, so I just said I'm gonna do it.
Literally like snap of a finger. Left a steady relationship (became long distance, but got through it, married now), so maybe not the best decision, but don't regret it.
Got to experience living in a different country, exp the culture, opened my eyes, got a little travelling done, got to meet some great friends, picked up work exp, saved some money....
I think it definitely did help me get to where I am.

I joined the Navy. One day I was living in Atlanta, then next I was in Rhode Island :lol::lol::lol:. I live in the Bay Area now. It was hard, I went from seeing my family every weekend to seeing them once or twice a year but its been the best thing for me personally and professionally.

Been looking at coastal (or not far from the coast) cities in CA and the pacific northwest. The climate and culture just seems ideal.

I lived in the Pacific NW for 3 years (stationed in Bremerton) and spent alot of time in Seattle and Tacoma. If you can get over the weather, the Pacific NW is amazing. Some people say the people are mean, they called it the "Seattle Freeze" but that wasn't my experience. Every well educated, liberal city with alot to do, especially if you like outdoorsy stuff. Seattle is crazy expensive though. It's like the Bay Area now because there are so many high paying tech jobs and that's leading the very high cost of living.

I lived in the Pacific NW for 3 years (stationed in Bremerton) and spent alot of time in Seattle and Tacoma. If you can get over the weather, the Pacific NW is amazing. Some people say the people are mean, they called it the "Seattle Freeze" but that wasn't my experience. Every well educated, liberal city with alot to do, especially if you like outdoorsy stuff. Seattle is crazy expensive though. It's like the Bay Area now because there are so many high paying tech jobs and that's leading the very high cost of living.

What about suburbs of Seattle like Tukwila?

Been thinkin bout doing this more and more every day lately ...it’s looking like ima just make a move in 2018...looking at ATL, Charlotte, Raleigh, VA beach area or one of the big cities in Florida

Not sure if the job market has changed but if considering Atlanta might be best to only move out there if you def have a job lined up. I know for a while it was tough to get a job out there

Not sure if the job market has changed but if considering Atlanta might be best to only move out there if you def have a job lined up. I know for a while it was tough to get a job out there
Yea I know bout ATL, used to lived there and left cuz the job market wasn’t right :lol: ...I’ve been getting offers and opportunities down there for a while but haven’t found anything with the money up to par yet since the salaries and cost of living is low

I just enjoyed living there and it has everything I want/need in life currently

I’m about to dip out of Minneapolis as soon as my daughter is old enough.

Winter is trash
Cost of living is trash for what you get
Traffic is Horrible

I can get a job anywhere making decent money so I’m only here for my daughter.

Vegas or kauai probably. Done my networking in both places and could get a job tomorrow.

For those of you saying you'd move to Hawai'i specifically Oahu if you get the chance , please don't. Not to sound mean or anything :lol:

The island is getting overpopulated and every year I visit traffic is getting worse each time. Cost of living is skyrocketing. The Japanese are taking over everything and the local government is corrupt as it's always been. And trust me the locals don't want any mainlanders moving there.

The 808 will always be my home but it's getting too expensive and the traffic is just as bad, maybe even worse than it is here in SoCal

you really got to love Hawaii to want to move out here, your money will go longer pretty much anywhere else

Did it two years ago moving from NY to Denver..my only advice is live wherever you desire man. Best decision I’ve ever made

Next move i desire is out of the country..

thinking about picking up my bags and going to teach english in korea.

never lived alone before.. still living with my parents working in entry IT.

not happy here anymore. i feel like my social life with the people i have now are the source of my depression

That's pretty much how I got to Houston. Well, my mom, 2 sisters and I. We just got up one Friday and left Pensacola. It took me 3 weeks to get a job, so we stayed with my Aunt Uncle, 6 kids and 2 grand babies for about 3 months until we rented a house. Actually, now that I think about it. Before that I picked up and moved to Tallahassee trying to live that college town life. Failed pretty bad. :smh:

not happy here anymore. i feel like my social life with the people i have now are the source of my depression

sounds like the perfect time to make the move

My cousin did this. Thailand too. He met a dope chick that he almost wifed, but had to move back to the states because of the floods (2012ish).

Back
Top Bottom