has kobe bryant won his last ring?

I would say yes not because Kobe couldn't but because Mike Brown is his new head coach... I mean really Mike Brown is checking Ron Artest ??? Not likely 

I would say yes not because Kobe couldn't but because Mike Brown is his new head coach... I mean really Mike Brown is checking Ron Artest ??? Not likely 

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

that would be hilarious if he went the gary payton route and tried to join a young superstar at the end of his career to get another ring

I don't think he would risk his legacy by pulling a lebron

that would be hilarious if he went the gary payton route and tried to join a young superstar at the end of his career to get another ring

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

as the 1st option, yes

This. That's gotta be the first time I ever totally agreed with one of your posts.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

You say that as is Kobe hasn't already tried to.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

payton was a back up pg.
kobes a top 5 player in the leaugue

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

payton was a back up pg.
kobes a top 5 player in the leaugue

Well you have OKC & MEM (if they resign gasol) improving, and both teams give them problems (OKC nearly dragging them to 7 last year & MEM with marc & z-bo to battle gasol & bynum, and then 2 of the best kobe defenders in the league with allen & battier), then DAL will still be there. I think kobe has seen his last finals appearance.

Well you have OKC & MEM (if they resign gasol) improving, and both teams give them problems (OKC nearly dragging them to 7 last year & MEM with marc & z-bo to battle gasol & bynum, and then 2 of the best kobe defenders in the league with allen & battier), then DAL will still be there. I think kobe has seen his last finals appearance.

Kobe fans shouldn't throw stones, , Its your boy the Mamba asking to be traded, when he was getting booted out the first round of the playoffs by the suns...

Kobe fans shouldn't throw stones, , Its your boy the Mamba asking to be traded, when he was getting booted out the first round of the playoffs by the suns...

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

If Kobe does not win a ring next season, I'll retire my sn. You can quote me on that.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
how can you say some dumb *%#% like that, you dont even know how the whole Mike Brown situation will work out. and for all we know they could tear apart the team, get rid of Pau, etc.
i would know, i made a dumb statement like that and lost my last SN
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

If Kobe does not win a ring next season, I'll retire my sn. You can quote me on that.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
how can you say some dumb *%#% like that, you dont even know how the whole Mike Brown situation will work out. and for all we know they could tear apart the team, get rid of Pau, etc.
i would know, i made a dumb statement like that and lost my last SN
laugh.gif

Is it possible that he won't? Yes.. Is it a 100% guarantee that he doesn't? No..

For a man who is washed up and over with... He still averaged 25.3 ppg on a limited time basis.. That's 5th in the league.. Kobe is there to score.. He played 5 minutes less than KD averaged 2 less a game.. And was shooting how he normally does percentage wise..

His player efficiency went up to near 2007 & 2008 levels..

He is losing a step no doubt in terms of living around the rim (which is a giant step) & against the top handful of players in the league on defense.. But he is still able to put up similar numbers to his past 2 championship years, with less minutes..

Extra month to "rest" from game situations, and 20 or so less games will be good for him coming into next year.. Not to mention he has a better ability to train and condition for the upcoming season this year, that he did not have last year because he doesn't have knee surgery to keep him shelved doing virtually nothing for a month in the offseason, and at his level of mileage, you need every advantage you can get in off season training and conditioning, you can't just bounce back from an 82 game season, and knee surgery like you can when you are 5 years younger... 

We don't know what the off season has in store at all, we didn't see the Big 3 coming last year.. But I don't think you can really count him out especially someone who according to most NBA players has an unmatched work ethic, lost in embarrassing fashion in a huge year, and can see the end of the road coming up..

Regardless of what is going on the Lakers were still 2nd seed in the West, and the 4th best record in the league.. They have huge problems in terms of finding a steady Point Guard, gritty and more productive bench players, and defending the pick and roll... Lakers are Hollywood and that has been there mentality for decades.. And especially the team the past 3 years.. Except for this year they could take plays off, take games off, hell even take stretches of a few weeks off, and still come out on top.. They did it this year and were embarrassed...

If they come out like they did this year, they won't win... But I wouldn't say it is a foregone conclusion that they won't win.. We don't know how they react to the beatdown from the Mavs, because they haven't even played a game yet..

Is it possible that he won't? Yes.. Is it a 100% guarantee that he doesn't? No..

For a man who is washed up and over with... He still averaged 25.3 ppg on a limited time basis.. That's 5th in the league.. Kobe is there to score.. He played 5 minutes less than KD averaged 2 less a game.. And was shooting how he normally does percentage wise..

His player efficiency went up to near 2007 & 2008 levels..

He is losing a step no doubt in terms of living around the rim (which is a giant step) & against the top handful of players in the league on defense.. But he is still able to put up similar numbers to his past 2 championship years, with less minutes..

Extra month to "rest" from game situations, and 20 or so less games will be good for him coming into next year.. Not to mention he has a better ability to train and condition for the upcoming season this year, that he did not have last year because he doesn't have knee surgery to keep him shelved doing virtually nothing for a month in the offseason, and at his level of mileage, you need every advantage you can get in off season training and conditioning, you can't just bounce back from an 82 game season, and knee surgery like you can when you are 5 years younger... 

We don't know what the off season has in store at all, we didn't see the Big 3 coming last year.. But I don't think you can really count him out especially someone who according to most NBA players has an unmatched work ethic, lost in embarrassing fashion in a huge year, and can see the end of the road coming up..

Regardless of what is going on the Lakers were still 2nd seed in the West, and the 4th best record in the league.. They have huge problems in terms of finding a steady Point Guard, gritty and more productive bench players, and defending the pick and roll... Lakers are Hollywood and that has been there mentality for decades.. And especially the team the past 3 years.. Except for this year they could take plays off, take games off, hell even take stretches of a few weeks off, and still come out on top.. They did it this year and were embarrassed...

If they come out like they did this year, they won't win... But I wouldn't say it is a foregone conclusion that they won't win.. We don't know how they react to the beatdown from the Mavs, because they haven't even played a game yet..

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Yes. He's done winning rings.
The only thing he'll be doing the rest of his overrated career is climb the all time scoring list a little bit more.

This guy is hands down my favorite Lakers fan.
laugh.gif

The only thing he'll be doing the rest of his overrated career is climb the all time scoring list a little bit more.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

There's one thing left he has to do in his career.

Win a ring without Phil, and it will happen before he retires.

lol @ the haters in here acting like Kobe was putting up Tim Duncan type scoring numbers this season or something

Don't be surprised when he's still elite next season.

yearight dude. he looked like a %++$+%$ snail against jason kidd
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

There's one thing left he has to do in his career.

Win a ring without Phil, and it will happen before he retires.

lol @ the haters in here acting like Kobe was putting up Tim Duncan type scoring numbers this season or something

Don't be surprised when he's still elite next season.

yearight dude. he looked like a %++$+%$ snail against jason kidd
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

laugh.gif
Most honest for sure 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

laugh.gif
Most honest for sure 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

roll.gif
thats true but lakers were trash and it looked as if they were gonna be trash for a long time

Back
Top Bottom