Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Guardians were never about killing Thanos. Ronan straight up threatened him after getting the orb and that's what she was down with. She's about killing not saving so she didn't mind that Xandar would've got destroyed.

I'm pretty sure you'd get several Groots if you regrew him but only one would be THE Groot. I think in the comics they regrow him from seeds anyway not a piece of branch.

Watched it earlier. Great movie.

And I'm only watching Marvel movies in AMC Prime now. Havent experienced a movie like that since Captain EO 
laugh.gif

Just saw it last night.

Definitely not my favourite Marvel movie, but it was dope 
pimp.gif
 That Groot and Rocket friendship man 

I hate following international box office tbh, domestic is always more interesting to me. You don't have to deal with trash like TF4 kissing China's *** and grossing a billi :lol: :smh:

Guardians beating Cap 2 this year is absolutely amazing and it still has a decent chance at being the first $300m movie of the year :pimp:

Last edited:
Think kissing Chinas *** had much to do with it? I mean Frozen is the top animated film of all time in China.

X-Men kissed China's *** with Fan Bing Bing and only did 2 million yuan (under 20,000 USD) more than Cap.

X-Men may have cast Fan Bing Bing, but TF4 truly went overboard by giving Li Bing Bing a pretty prominent role (at least more than FBB), shooting the last third of the movie in Hong Kong, and placing a **** ton of Chinese product placement in the movie too. I'm sure all of that factored in and it worked cause its the highest grossing movie of all time in China now :lol:

Where are you seeing Frozen as the top animated movie in China? I did a quick search and found it grossed around $50m. Kung Fu Panda 2 is the highest with $100m (makes sense lol).

Last edited:
Overseas box office is the only way we will see minorities in leading roles tbt. Better than the trash now. We got Angelina Jolie holding it down for the black women. Rooney Mara holding it down for the indians, Tom Cruise killing it for the asians, Johnny Depp blew that **** out of the park for the natives, Battfleck throwing down the gauntlet for the Mexicans, and a bunch of white people as middle easterners in next years exodus despite white people's fear of middle eastern garbs.

Don't worry. White people love to come up with excuses like "ohh Tom Cruise being white didn't affect the story at all. It's acting what does skin color have to do with it". Im sure they would ***** if Batman was black tho.

Once the box office is global no one is taking that trash.

X-Men may have cast Fan Bing Bing, but TF4 truly went overboard by giving Li Bing Bing a pretty prominent role (at least more than FBB), shooting the last third of the movie in Hong Kong, and placing a **** ton of Chinese product placement in the movie too. I'm sure all of that factored in and it worked cause its the highest grossing movie of all time in China now :lol:

Where are you seeing Frozen as the top animated movie in China? I did a quick search and found it grossed around $50m. Kung Fu Panda 2 is the highest with $100m (makes sense lol).

I thought grace randolph said that. Just rechecked. She said it was highest in Japan. My bad.

EDIT: Even then she was wrong, that goes to spirited away. Not sure she is familiar with that movie

Last edited:
Interesting that it's not faring that much better overseas. Seemed like the trend all year was that movies do much better overseas than domestically.

It still hasn't released in China and some other countries and won't until October. I think that strategy will get it close to $700 million. Marvel is probably guarding those Asian language dubs like the Ark of the Covenant.

Last edited:
China is big on bootlegs. Waiting till October to release in China is stupid unless these bootlegers aint bilingual, or the citizens don't speak as much english as I think. But yah China is second biggest overall. Their box office on a successful film are often neck and neck.

Interesting that it's not faring that much better overseas. Seemed like the trend all year was that movies do much better overseas than domestically.

Huh?

The numbers are available all over the internet. It's at $237 million in the international box office. That's very close to what it's made in the US. It's already made $490 million total and still hasn't released in Germany, Italy, Japan or China. I think it will easily be one of the highest grossing movies of the year. Domestically, it's already close to passing CATWS, which was the highest grossing movie this year.

Calm down we didnt know that. In todays market matching the US box office aint the best a blockbuster can do overseas. Transformers has 750M+ overseas. Many other films have made double overseas. That's why I asked if it released in China. China alone could match the US. Odd that it released in Korea but not the rest of Asia. wondering what is taking Disney so long to localize. This localization turnaround time is like a video game from the 90s.

Brolic Scholar, Yea I didn't know that there were certain markets where GotG hasn't released yet. The international numbers suddenly make a lot more sense now.

Just matching the domestic box office overseas is not up to par with how blockbusters have been performing this year.

Hopefully when those markets you are talking about finally open the movie will start to trend similar to other comic book movie from this yr.

Like Brolic said,it still has those 4 major markets to open in and also smaller markets. It's sitting at $490 worldwide right now so add probably $110-120m at least from those 4 markets + at least another $50m domestically with another $50m from holdover markets and it's gonna end up making somewhere above $300m domestically and $700m worldwide.

Pretty great and unexpected numbers for a movie so many thought would be too risky to make but things ended up working out perfectly for Marvel. Real happy seeing this movie succeeding :smokin

^Why the **** wouldn't Gamora be green?

In the last pic subtitled Star Wars meets Mad Max, that's the outfit I was hoping for Gamora

Like Brolic said,it still has those 4 major markets to open in and also smaller markets. It's sitting at $490 worldwide right now so add probably $110-120m at least from those 4 markets + at least another $50m domestically with another $50m from holdover markets and it's gonna end up making somewhere above $300m domestically and $700m worldwide.

Pretty great and unexpected numbers for a movie so many thought would be too risky to make but things ended up working out perfectly for Marvel. Real happy seeing this movie succeeding :smokin

More like 100-120 from China alone. Wonder what's taking so long to get to the market most likely to bootleg it. Do they not know English is a decently known language in China? Many Chinese even speaking it better than Americans?

I told everyone this movie would be doing at least 600. Everyone thought I was reaching. Current projections are that this will be the 3rd most successful After Avengers and IM3. Optimistic projections have this joining the billion dollar club but I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom