GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Well I'm definitely more accepting of you saying the video isn't still long enough to tell anything, than I am saying it's GM.

Is it possible that the shoe is GM, yes, am I leaning closer to Real, 1000%

Point is, saying "anything out that early is fake" is a little OD.

Kenny G gets his joints months early and he's def not rocking fakes.

PS: And no way on my stitching being better than his. My joints are way worse than his, yes I know it's not a single identifier, but it's the only identifier anyone has pointed out to me from the video on that shoe.

I think we've beat that topic and agreed to disagree.
dude if you look at his GM pair stitching, it isn't straight, each thread doesn't link end to end, they are Angled. If you look at your pair, each stitch leads end to end, big difference between yours an his

You know what ammaw23 ammaw23 , I wasn't even looking at the stitch that way. I was looking at the sttaightness of the lines and the rounding and or sharpness of the corners. I never even checked the spacing, but I did just look and I can't tell, but I can't see the pic that good. Will check it with my glasses and laptop when I get the chance. Thanks man, for a different POV

You know what ammaw23 ammaw23 , I wasn't even looking at the stitch that way. I was looking at the sttaightness of the lines and the rounding and or sharpness of the corners. I never even checked the spacing, but I did just look and I can't tell, but I can't see the pic that good. Will check it with my glasses and laptop when I get the chance. Thanks man, for a different POV

Yeah man no prob., it is difficult with the pictures but when you can zoom in on it with a computer the GM stitching stands out a little clearer. The stitch on his just looked way off, at least to me coming from a sewers stand point

First off id like to say that asneakerlife is an absolute joke and I can't believe people believe his crap. Whenever some one points out a blatant a blatant difference in any of his shoes he just says they're samples and Nike can change them at any point. But Nike conveniently made full size runs of them early and he has them for sale? Yeah right. YouTube killed the game by giving these clowns a voice.

Secondly I posted this in another thread but it's still relevant. I do have some insight being an engineer and working in manufacturing.

It's funny because people are still claiming that these shoes are "sold out of the back door". That they're just shoes stolen off the assembly line or just extended production runs but when you really think about it that theory isn't even plausible. Nike has hundreds maybe even thousands of different models of shoe, all with different sizes (ps, gs, wmns, mens) and with production runs that spit out millions of shoes and that's not even considering all the apparel and accessories that maybe coming from the same factory too. With all these contracted items that have to be made in order to stay true to nikes release calendar all of nikes factories are always running. If all of these unauthorized shoes were coming from the same factories what contracted Nike factory would have the time, space and resources to pump out unauthorized shoes while still under contract? We all know that these shoes are being made in massive numbers enough so that every rep site has full size runs, places like mental kicks and sneakeryetti are always stocked, and any Joe blow reseller's store on eBay has multiple pairs too sell. There's no way these are being made in the same place, it just wouldn't make sense. If they had the room they'd be filling another contract.

I stopped buying sneakers, once it became danm near impossible to get a hold of sz 14-15 at reasonable price.

Here I am thinking I might get some GM pairs, and they don't make sz 14-15 either. :lol: :frown:

unless something changes Im never wearing getting a pair of jordans again. :smh: :nerd:

I stopped buying sneakers, once it became danm near impossible to get a hold of sz 14-15 at reasonable price.

Here I am thinking I might get some GM pairs, and they don't make sz 14-15 either. :lol: :frown:

unless something changes Im never wearing getting a pair of jordans again. :smh: :nerd:
size 15 was sitting at shoe Palace for sport blue 6s

NT, go to work.

Buy from asneakerlife, file dispute, they shut the site and pp down.

Most CC have caught wind of fakes and offer protection. Be careful guise

NT, go to work.

NT, go to work.

so risk our money for fun? :lol:

Lol I think it would be much easier if a group of people reported asneakerlife and these other "companies" to JB, they must have a policy where they'd have to check into a rep. site if they receive so many tips/emails about them, maybe?

NT, go to work.

NT, go to work.

so risk our money for fun?
laugh.gif
Lol I think it would be much easier if a group of people reported asneakerlife and these other "companies" to JB, they must have a policy where they'd have to check into a rep. site if they receive so many tips/emails about them, maybe?
Its not that JB doesn't care but that their ability to stop the shoes from being duplicated in a country like China is difficult.

The majority of enforcement recently has been by homeland security/customs seizing packages being imported and fining multiple offenders, in some cases even serving search warrants and attempting to prosecute people that sell these fakes.

ASneakerlife is just one seller thats part of a much larger problem.  Search craigslist in any major city or spend any time on instagram/twitter and you'll see there are way more people selling fakes than this one seller.

While some people are pissed when they get these fakes, there are a lot more people happy customers that usually never know the difference unless they have an authentic pair to compare to and even then some are blind to the details.

As long as this info is here for the consumers that do care and don't want to spend their money on fakes thats really all that matters.

I stick with SB's now which was always my #1 and some runners; don't really have to worry about the grey market

I sold all my Jordan's this year; "the game" is lame now, people buy sneakers to show off for other people instead of buying what they like

Not coming at you but for you to say something like "the game is lame now", makes it sound like you only bought J's because it was the cool thing to do.

Now that it's lame, you into the next which is SB

Last edited:
Not coming at you but for you to say something like "the game is lame now", makes it sound like you only bought J's because it was the cool thing to do.

The old I'm not coming at you but I am qualifier :lol:

I've been buying J's since 1989 my dude

I'm not paying $200+ for weak quality retros

And I'm not even sure what "you into the next which is SB" even means. I've been rocking with SB when it was Pro B's and I don't just buy Dunks, I but everything SB offers

Fair enough.

"You into the next" was a typo that should have read "you're on to the next"

Last edited:
You can have a retail pair that has an inconsistency thats similar to a fake, but the defect is usually more glaring in the fake and shows up in every single fake pair produced.

So a legit pair can have some qualities of a fake?

The old I'm not coming at you but I am qualifier :lol:

I've been buying J's since 1989 my dude

I'm not paying $200+ for weak quality retros

And I'm not even sure what "you into the next which is SB" even means. I've been rocking with SB when it was Pro B's and I don't just buy Dunks, I but everything SB offers

I hear ya.... some of the shoes I once loved have literally doubled in retail price, while the quality of materials has gone completely to ****.

i want asneakerlife shut down to be honest

he just pisses me off

they all need to be shut down, but yes asneakerlife specially has a very big head about what he does an be sells to a lot of these "instagram famous sneaker heads". smdh it's sad.

I hear ya.... some of the shoes I once loved have literally doubled in retail price, while the quality of materials has gone completely to ****.

JB is raising their prices too; using the "increased quality angle"

2015 they are gonna be charging $200+ for retro's I bet :smh:

That **** is so lame.

People are getting all excited about it ...

They basically just admitted to everyone they've been using **** quality for years.

JB is raising their prices too; using the "increased quality angle"

2015 they are gonna be charging $200+ for retro's I bet :smh:

you bet?

they are gonna retail for $200. at least the remaster

i bet most others are getting a $10 increase so if its not remastered its still gonna be $170-180 for crap quality.

for maybe better quality but still crap mold you are paying $200

then keep in mind tax..

yea, jordan brand is TRASH

Back
Top Bottom